PDA

View Full Version : Remember the CVA Blazer?

Texas by God
08-20-2016, 08:11 AM
I had one of them a long time ago. Simple as mud with its screen door mainspring and one piece stock. Not pretty till you shot it- then it was beautiful. In one day in Junction, Texas I killed a doe, a Tom turkey, a javelina, and a jackrabbit with mine. Actually I think this was the first Modern Inline offered. Just remembering.....

n.h.schmidt
08-20-2016, 08:40 AM
I remember them. I didn't like that the nipple was screwed into the rear of the barrel. If it ever blew out ,the shooter was in for a lot of misery. That being said I almost got one at a auction a couple of years ago. I was out bid.
n.h.schmidt

dondiego
08-20-2016, 09:58 AM
I had one. CVA will give you a brand new Wolf inline if you send it back to them. They have been recalled due to that nipple.

izzyjoe
08-20-2016, 12:02 PM
I've been thinking about building something like that just for fun, I have a 45 cal barrel just need to cut it off and thread the breech, and make a stock.

Texas by God
08-20-2016, 12:30 PM
I've been thinking about building something like that just for fun, I have a 45 cal barrel just need to cut it off and thread the breech, and make a stock.
IzzyJoe please do that and post the results! As far as the nipple blowing out-in my youthful zeal I used 100+ grs of powder on many occasions with nary a problem.If I ever find another decently priced I will snatch it up. Best, Thomas.