PDA

View Full Version : Billion Dollar Traffic Jam LOL

Mal Paso
08-19-2016, 05:06 PM
I am now commuting from my motel in Monterey, Ca to Big Sur and this is CAR WEEK. I was bumper to bumper with some very expensive cars this morning all going 5 MPH. LOL

And the local gas station is a Ferrari Dealership Again. I had to stop to let a Maserati out. My Dodge Cummins truck was just as fast as anything on the road. LOL

runfiverun
08-19-2016, 06:43 PM
we get stuff like that through town during the summer.
a couple of weeks back it was a line of 50 Lamborghini's all numbered and in order.

I had to flip around and cut down the back road to get ahead of them so I could watch them hit the drop off to the start of the dirt road where the road construction was.
I couldn't get over it in the Mustang with it lowered like it is and I wanted to see the outcome of this cluster.
:lol:
spent over an hour watching the mess then headed out.

Mal Paso
08-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Look what followed me home.

runfiverun
08-20-2016, 10:26 AM
you gonna keep it?
I don't think it will make the trip up the mountain too many times.
but the first trip or two should be exciting.

Mal Paso
08-20-2016, 11:20 PM
you gonna keep it?
I don't think it will make the trip up the mountain too many times.
but the first trip or two should be exciting.

Really!:bigsmyl2:

I noticed an hour after the photo they had moved the car 2 spaces away from my ash covered dust bucket. And they were out at 7 am this morning going over the car with bath towels to get every speck of dust off. Those guys would soil themselves just thinking about their car on my road.

rondog
08-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Grotesquely expensive toys and totally useless to me and my lifestyle. I'd rather have a Cessna.

big bore 99
08-20-2016, 11:51 PM
To each their own. I don't think many of them would make it up this mountain every day like my Jeep does.

jonp
08-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Look what followed me home.
That can happen when a spare tow chain you "forgot was there" is involved.

dragon813gt
08-21-2016, 07:26 AM
I know I'm jaded. I see super cars on a daily basis. There are mets every Saturday and Sunday morning. So a Dunkin' parking lot looks like a dealership lot. Just another day. I don't get excited until I see some GT3s or McLarens(SLR or F1).

TRX
08-21-2016, 07:58 AM
A friend of mine called from Indiana some years back. He had been to the Auburn-Cord-Dusenberg gathering in Indiana. After being passed by an Auburn, two Cords, and a Dusenberg, he followed to see what was going on...

He said many of the cars were filthy, oil streaked, and covered with bugs... because the big status went to the cars that drove the furthest to get there, as opposed to the "best restored" or "shiniest paint."

runfiverun
08-21-2016, 11:51 AM
TRX.
is that one of the Leningrad Cowboys album covers in your Avatar pic?