PDA

View Full Version : Rossi puma firing pin

Bret4207
10-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, I broke the firing pin on my 44 Puma, by dry firing I think. Anyone know of a source? GPC has nothing and the only other source I fond id a guy off Leverguns.com who wants $25.00 plus shipping. I was going to order 2, but I thought they were like a $12.00 item. Any options or am I a penny pincher. BTW_ first firing pin I ever broken through dry firing.

MT Gianni
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I was under the impression that the Win 92 interchanged with these though it might be just rumors. Gianni.

slughammer
10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Have you tried to get a free one from Rossi?

Email is great thing, doesn't cost anything.

Offer up first to send them the broken one. $.37 should get it there.

Griff
11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I ain't 100% sure, but I believe that if you haven't already fixed the problem, you might contact EMF and order a replacement pin from them. Their '92 copies are made by Rossi, and therefor, I'd conclude the pins are probably interchangeable.

felix
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I had my Rossi fixed some time ago. The problem with their firing pins is that they are too hard. My smithy machined one for me from some other stock he had. He made the pin larger in diameter to better fill the hole. I have zero leakage nowadays out of that gun, but I have to admit the fired primer looks like a minature grand canyon. So what, the gun will now fire any primer in existance. ... felix

Bret4207
11-05-2005, 01:27 PM
I haven't had any luck emailing folks lately. There must be a bunch of gremlins keeping me from sucessfully finding items I need. I'm going to make a firing pin or repair this one I think.

KCSO
11-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Is the tip broke or is it the pin body. If it is the tip I usualy anneal the pin and then face it off and bore it out for a piece of drill rod. I then solder the drill rod in with High Force 44. I have yet to have one come back and you can fit the drill rod to your breech face opening.

Bret4207
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
KCSO- My paln exactly. I used to be able to do this to Winchester and Marlin pins years ago, we'll see if I still "got it".

glicerin
11-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Suggest you check the firing pin channel, to see if it is machined straight. My buddy broke two pins(no dry-firing), then I discovered hole was not straight, causing pin to flex and then break.

Calamity Jake
11-16-2005, 12:48 PM
steve@stevesgunz.com(email) or Steves Gun shop in Port Arthur TX is the top line Rossi gun smith and parts source in the US, a CAS shooter and good man to deal with, I have dealt with him many times. And met him personally.
As you know Port Arthur Tx was hit by a hurricane, his business was hit but not bad enough to put him out of business, the last I heard he was open an doing good.