PDA

View Full Version : casting zen

nagantguy
08-15-2016, 10:53 PM
after work today it was cooler than it's been, I fired up both pots to make some range scrap ingots , while things were melting I thought about being low on .357 boolits, the girls eat them up in the light unique loads, so I got out one of my favorite molds, the lee 158 tl semi wade cutter and went to casting out of the second "clean" pot, when I was finished according to the log book I'd smelter and casted just about 30 pounds of range scrap! it seemed like it only took minutes, nothing went wrong, almost no rejects, a huge pile of nice perfect shiny boolits just waiting to be lubed! I wasn't tired, wasn't fatigued it was almost like watching someone else do the casting!

OS OK
08-15-2016, 11:43 PM
You better knock on wood, cross your fingers, say something profound and wink at the moon because when Murphy reads your post your gonna have problems real soon.
I think I'd loadem up real quick grab the girls and go shootem before he gets there! ...:bigsmyl2: ...

Walter Laich
08-16-2016, 10:36 AM
I've had a few days like that--always a pleasure to enjoy them

reloaded this a.m. and had one, in fact

fredj338
08-16-2016, 02:36 PM
I have that happen quite a bit with my seasoned molds, what keeps me casting. It's the new molds & getting things just right that drives me to thinking I have better use of my time.[smilie=p: