PDA

View Full Version : USPS Deal Turns out good

Newtire
08-09-2016, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or not but it's a little story of a deal gone bad on another site. It concerned a gun that arrived in a nice clean looking box but inside, the gun stock was shattered and the gun wasn't even what it was supposed to be. The seller was not willing to help although he talked a "mean line" as if he was working real hard to resolve the issue. Fortunately for me, I kept the money order stub and the receipt for the money order as well. I got the gun out of the box and took lots of pictures of it in it's broken condition. Sent the pictures off to the guy and he said he was taking care of it. Nothing...finally, I got a letter of denial for payment against the claim from the post office because they needed a receipt and some sort of proof that I had made a purchase.

I sent them the page from the brokerage site where I had purchased the gun showing that I won the auction and the receipts for the money order for the amount. In the end, I got my money back from the Post Office and got to keep the pile of junk with some good parts. The guy received an "F" grade from me. So, a lesson learned that may save you some $.

osteodoc08
08-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Glad it worked out for you in the end.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Newtire,
Good deal, it always good to save receipts, til the deals done.
Jon

PS: FYI, I moved your thread here

DerekP Houston
08-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Yeah I've not had such good luck with them lately. 2 packages are lost in transit and everyone I call directs me to a different number. Been around 3 weeks now since the first package should've arrived, and the replacement DevilDog shipped is lost now as well. I think it is time for me to give lead buying a break.

Glad it worked out on your end though!

varmintpopper
08-09-2016, 05:16 PM
If this was shipped with the knowledge that it was broken,
I would have smeared this Guys name all over the Internet.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Newtire
08-09-2016, 05:19 PM
If this was shipped with the knowledge that it was broken,
I would have smeared this Guys name all over the Internet.

Good Shooting

LindyI didn't exactly give him good feedback!

Newtire
08-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah I've not had such good luck with them lately. 2 packages are lost in transit and everyone I call directs me to a different number. Been around 3 weeks now since the first package should've arrived, and the replacement DevilDog shipped is lost now as well. I think it is time for me to give lead buying a break.

Glad it worked out on your end though!Flat rate boxes are insured by default. What's the problem?

DerekP Houston
08-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Flat rate boxes are insured by default. What's the problem?

Still awaiting them to process the insurance and find the boxes. have to wait for them to file the appropriate paperwork.. Just frustrating to keep getting bounced from call to call.

Blackwater
08-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Good to know you made out OK, Newtire, but it's frustrating to have to go through all the shenanigans and jump through all the hoops to get reparations, but at least you DID do it right, and came out OK. Mail order stuff DOES have its limitations and pitfalls. When I was 18, I ordered some stuff from Parker Distributors, which used to be a big discount house way back when, and after sending in my money, I got no response. I wrote and still no response. Much later, I got a notice that they'd gone bankrupt, and I'd be receiving my "fair share" of the assets available. About 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. later, I got a check for a paltry amount, nowhere near what I'd sent in. This was a huge disappointment to a broke country boy like me, but .... c'est la' vie! It's just like that sometimes. They never DID go back in business so I could NOT order from them ever again! What a shame!

Newtire
08-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Yeah, seems the cards are stacked against you sometimes. Just got to hedge your bet with the right stuff and it seemed to be the right stuff that I had saved. Wish you all the luck! Now, I have to squash the lies this guy is telling about what a rotten guy I am. I have half a mind to get the postal service to start up a Postal Fraud claim against him. Hope that Gunbroker pulls the phony feedback he put up for me. If they don't, they don't. I had the same kind of thing happening right here with a guy that sold me a piece of junk. Lucky, about 5 of us saw the thing. Wasn't much else the guy could say. It seemed like "guilty until proved innocent" there for awhile.

runfiverun
08-09-2016, 08:11 PM
go here to follow your packages, I'm amazed at where some of mine go.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

DerekP Houston
08-09-2016, 09:12 PM
go here to follow your packages, I'm amazed at where some of mine go.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

That appears to be the same tracking I *have* been using. They all indicate "left NC facility" but never arrive anywhere. I've tried calling every stop between houston and NC, but everyone gives me the run around. Getting to the point it ain't worth trying to order lead....which is probably why they are doing it.

runfiverun
08-09-2016, 10:54 PM
I get the boxes just about rolled up into a ball but if enough tape is used, they make it here in one piece.
I had one box get torn up and it lost a few ingots but that was in a load of 24 boxes I had shipped in, so not too bad.
I have had boxes I know were mailed on the same day from the same place show up a week apart.

if they just disappear, the one price boxes come with a basic insurance so a claim needs to be filed.

mold maker
08-10-2016, 08:41 AM
If you've never tried to file a lost FRB claim, you're in for a surprise.

DerekP Houston
08-10-2016, 08:45 AM
If you've never tried to file a lost FRB claim, you're in for a surprise.

I think that is the misunderstanding. I *have* filed a claim...just waiting for them to do anything....

Blackwater
08-10-2016, 11:16 AM
With the operating ethics of so many in the nation today, when they go to pick up a pkg. and find it's THAT heavy, I suspect more than we know are trashed in disgust, frustration and laziness. A friend had a very rare assault rifle he paid pretty big bucks for at the time stolen at the UPS facility in Atlanta. He never received it, but to UPS's credit, they were investigating these thieves (there were several there apparently) and later caught and prosecuted them. My buddy got his money back (he made SURE it was insured) but still laments that gun's loss!

Crime and thieves hit us all sooner or later. If we are wise and prepare ourselves judiciously, sometimes the harm is only to our sensibilities, and not to our pocketbooks, and that's a good thing for many. But it still smarts!