PDA

View Full Version : made some perfect bullets out of my lee 6 banger today

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Had a casting lesson today, and it seems funny how much things change.

The first time I made bullets I was using a lyman one banger and had to run the pot as hot as that old rcbs melter would run, at 850°.

The next time I was using the same mold and was down to 800°.

And then I got my lee six banger for my birthday. Had to run it at 750°.

Today I got to use that old lee and was running the pot at 600° and the bullets where frosting. perfect 35 cal bullets too. Each time I try I get a little faster.

DANIEL / BS JR.

PatMarlin
10-27-2005, 01:15 AM
That's really pretty cool JR... :smile:

I was goin' to gunshows with my dad at your age, but castin' and shootin' cast boolits woulda been much more fun...!

What's the latest tip on the .223- inquiring minds wana know... :mrgreen:

David R
10-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Thats great bullshop JR, I'm 45 and still getting better at it.

David

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
That's really pretty cool JR... :smile:

I was goin' to gunshows with my dad at your age, but castin' and shootin' cast boolits woulda been much more fun...!

What's the latest tip on the .223- inquiring minds wana know... :mrgreen:
That old 788 remington of mine is still getting better and better. My dad has been shooting the same bullet and worked up to 19.0gn of 4895 in the 222. To tell you the truth when dad first said that he would sell me that 223 I thought that the 223 was a worthless cartridge. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!! That is the best cast bullet gun I ever saw. I am going to use that gun on coyotes this winter with cast bullets. Just like my dad said on 8mm/303 wildcat or watdehay, when he said that when he told me that I could get paid for hunting I said watdehay!,!, you must be kidding!!!!! And one other thing is that with the lee dies that I am using that with remington cases the bullets fall down inside of the case some times.
P.S. The tip is, to let dad win every once in awhile, so the boolits keep coming!
DANIEL / BS JR.

475/480
10-27-2005, 01:21 PM
P.S. The tip is, to let dad win every once in awhile, so the boolits keep coming!
DANIEL / BS JR.[/QUOTE]

It is obvious you are wise beyond your years.

Sean

lar45
10-31-2005, 02:58 AM
LOL
That was great.

Buckshot
10-31-2005, 07:04 AM
DANIEL / BS JR.

It is obvious you are wise beyond your years.

Sean[/QUOTE]

Heh! Wait'll he comes up against wimmin [smilie=b:. December will be 30 years for me, and quite awile back I defaulted to the: Be where I'm told to be and at the right time, wear what's laid out for the occassion and to keep my mouth shut about shoes.

Of course there's a bit more, but that gives a young guy a place to start from.

..............Buckshot

keeper89
11-02-2005, 01:52 AM
I can only add, if you get into an argument with the chief, and it turns out you were right, apologize AT ONCE!!!!!! (32 years of wedded bliss talking to ya here!) :veryconfu