PDA

View Full Version : thank you to all vets

mwohlenhaus
05-26-2008, 11:18 AM
your service is greatly appreciated, again thank you!

VTDW
05-26-2008, 01:00 PM
+1

If you know a Veteran please give them a call today.

Rick N Bama
05-26-2008, 03:19 PM
your service is greatly appreciated, again thank you!

You're very welcome & thanks for remembering!

Rick

Echo
05-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Add my thanks for remembering - I was a pure REMF, never had to contend with whizzing bullets (Dang few boolits on the battlefield), but, as with most of us, lost friends and family.

Easy Ed
USAF Ret
NRA PAtron
O&U

fatnhappy
05-26-2008, 08:56 PM
My son helped his greatgrandfather (wife's grandfather) lay a wreath at the Battle of the Bulge memorial this morning. My son doesn't yet understand, he's named for his great uncle who failed to come home from the Bulge.

Here's great grandpa at the original dedication in 2005. He landed on D+2 and fought to VE. He commanded a quad .50 AA halftrack, and since the luftwaffe was more or less absent, spent the campaign attached to infantry battalions. In Normandy he was hosing down hedgerows 24/7.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/lhsjfk3t/000_0084.jpg

Chatting with Gary Beikirch

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/lhsjfk3t/000_0089.jpg

Scrounger
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
That CMH sure stands out proud, don't it?

rockrat
05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
A BIG thank you to all the veterans and to all those currently serving. Also, a prayer of thanks to those who couldn't be here with us to celebrate this special day

Alchemist
05-27-2008, 07:04 PM
If there's any way you can get great grandpa to tell his story to a video camera, it will become priceless to your family in the years to come...

(You might even have to be sneaky about it...hidden camera, tell me about your experience during the battle...)

You're right Scrounger...that CMH does jump out at you.

Alchemist

danski26
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
VETS........Good luck, God speed and Semper Fi

CMH does stand out! Life is all gravy after that! It makes our day to day lives look pathetic...no?

Dan Daily
Smedly Butler
Lewis Puller
The "greatest generation"
and all the others Semper Fi

kir_kenix
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I also want to reflect my deepest thanks to all of the vet's who have fought and given their lives for all of us. I know the most surreal part of my deployment was returning to the united states, and getting off the plane and seeing all of the wwII, korea, vietnam, oif I etc. vets holding flags, shaking our hands, and handing out hugs and thanking us. Seemed more like I should have been thanking them for all of their sacrifices, not the other way around.

We certainly wouldn't have had the welcome home we did if it wasn't for the generations and generations before us who protected this country in its time of need. Thank you for all you have done. God bless America.