PDA

View Full Version : Still Lookin for 434-250 reports

TCLouis
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Hows yours doin?
Hot Hunting stuff or mild plinkers please report your results.
Especially hotter hunting loads!

felix
10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
14.5 BlueDot using topmost crimp groove shoots fairly hard and will hit beer can every shot at 100 if you can hold it when using a rifle. My standard Smith 29 load. A nice load for the lever guns. I'd say 1500 in the rifle, and maybe 1250 in the pistol. Somebody can verify, hopefully. ... felix

Bass Ackward
10-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Hows yours doin?
Hot Hunting stuff or mild plinkers please report your results.
Especially hotter hunting loads!

TC,

I have mixed reviews. I bought the mold for rifles and so far I can't get it to do anything except go bang. The only way to fill a large throat on a gun where cartridge OAL is limited, is to go big if it will let you. And that I can't do because of the taper on the bullet. This rifle doesn't have a lot of success with designs that won't meet that requirement. So, I don't hold out much hope. But I will continue trying this winter.

What I ended up with was another danged relvolver mold. 13 grains of Blue Dot seated mid range works. 16 grains of 2400 seated out to max works. 8.5 grains of Unique works anywhere. And so does 23 grains of 296 seated deep. 20 grains of 5744 also will make you smile if you seat anywhere. In essense I have had no problem getting almost anything to shoot fairly well at any pressure range you can think of. So I have been getting rid of some of my other molds.

bass ackward again.

buck1
10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
In my ruger handguns it shoots fine,(when I do My part).
I am useing FULL loads of WC820, middle crimp grove,WFFL, and a BHN of about 14-ish, out of 4 5/8-7 1/2 inch bbls.
As for hunting I have my Saeco load allready to go and I will stay with it untill after I hunt deer in november. But after that I will give the "vermits" a go !
I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be just real good.....Buck