Johnch
07-30-2016, 12:10 AM
OK ...no I didn't shoot anyone
But the Kids next door .....collage age
Have been working on cars the last week every night

Cars I like
Heavy Metal music at 12 AM to at least 4 AM I don't

So tonight I am fighting back :bigsmyl2:
With the Blues and Church music that I found for $1 a CD , I have a 6 CD set up and it restarts on the first CD when the last one is finished
I figure I will get ask to turn the music off .....But I will get them to turn theirs off also

I have part of my garden between the houses and I have sweet corn planted there
So I will just claim my music is to keep the raccoons out of the sweet corn if ask LOL

John

WILCO
07-30-2016, 12:13 AM
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M5fa10fe6823ff2eecec9bfac925e6c1co0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ear+plugs&view=detailv2&&id=D9C4686ED802F9891BD9AF725CBA029DDB0B2D3D&selectedIndex=1&ccid=X6EP5oI%2f&simid=608055181373541580&thid=OIP.M5fa10fe6823ff2eecec9bfac925e6c1co0)

Life is too short.

WILCO
07-30-2016, 12:14 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6IRxZ_QB8QE/S_BARuzRBgI/AAAAAAAABJs/PoYaEW30Njs/s1600/earplug.jpg

JSnover
07-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Good luck.
It might work but in my experience they're either too stupid to get your point or they will escalate the conflict.

runfiverun
07-30-2016, 12:36 AM
they'll probably just record and re-mix it and send you a copy. [hope you like dub-step]
usually just going over during their calm time and talking to them for an hour or so [about their car, chicks , whatever] will get you some respect and some quiet.

OS OK
07-30-2016, 04:54 AM
They are going to say that you started the war. Prolly you'll loose at the music blasting because they have big amplifiers in the cars these days...and if you get them going on that base thumping thing...you'll end up going 'postal' and we'll loose you as a member here.
Neighborhoods have hours that are suppose to be quiet through the night don't they...then you need the Cops to visit these little metalheads as many times as it takes.

rondog
07-30-2016, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I just call the cops on annoying fools like that. Got one down the street.

Ballistics in Scotland
07-30-2016, 05:01 AM
I don't know how much good formal complaint is likely to do in your area. But you will have given them a pretty effective argument if you do resort to it.

Do you have neighbours on the other side of you?

Teddy (punchie)
07-30-2016, 05:11 AM
Simple talk to them then document the talk. DON'T get loud or smart, simple talk. And thank them and leave. Next would be to ask again. Maybe buy them a pizza and some soda. I see where you are coming from. But kiddo s are kids. After a few more days talk again. See if this works. This is all if not too late and the war has not started already.

Being hard and not teaching them is just not going to work. If you find one of them and they side with you I'm sure the loud music will be a little easier to take, they may turn it down some or earlier. I have a few neighbors that are on a different level , like different things but we try to get along. One is anti hunting and a thorn in our butts but we try to be neighborly .

jeepyj
07-30-2016, 05:12 AM
I'd at least try runfiverun's approach. Most of the time they don't even realize how much the sound carries especially if a couple brews are involved. Ether way best of luck.
Jeepyj

Ballistics in Scotland
07-30-2016, 05:21 AM
they'll probably just record and re-mix it and send you a copy. [hope you like dub-step]
usually just going over during their calm time and talking to them for an hour or so [about their car, chicks , whatever] will get you some respect and some quiet.

That is a sound suggestion, except that ten minutes might work better than an hour, unless they seem glad of an excuse to down tools for a while. There is a law of diminishing returns on time spent talking to nuisances.

Rustyleee
07-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Buy a pizza or two and take it over to them. Talk a bit n tell 'em you need to go home and go to bed. Ask 'em to keep it down a bit. You can always get nasty later if you need to. Sleep is cheap. High blood pressure is expensive. The choice is yours.

DerekP Houston
07-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I just call the cops on annoying fools like that. Got one down the street.

In our neighborhood there is no noise ordinance so they are free to do this as much as they want. On the other hand I am free to fire up my lawnmower and yard equipment after their late night "party sessions" as well. Tit for Tat. Most have gotten the hint and we respect each others "quiet hours" now. You get respectful questions and requests the first 1-2 times, you get nasty with me I can get nasty right back.

Hogtamer
07-30-2016, 07:48 AM
What's a neighborhood? Decided a long time ago I didn't need to live anywhere I couldn't pee off the porch!

w5pv
07-30-2016, 08:12 AM
If you have a strong amplifier a strong dc key down will make the music disappear.A kid from up the street use to run loud thumper type music but after a couple of repairs to his system it all has gone away.

Ickisrulz
07-30-2016, 08:15 AM
You should always talk to the "offender" first. It is the quickest, easiest and most civil way to go about resolving an issue. Sometimes people just don't realize what they are doing or that it bothers people.

DerekP Houston
07-30-2016, 08:29 AM
You should always talk to the "offender" first. It is the quickest, easiest and most civil way to go about resolving an issue. Sometimes people just don't realize what they are doing or that it bothers people.

Eh, you get the benefit of the doubt once or twice depending on civility from me. In my apartment days I had a much louder system and was a big fan of the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQzv5nVpac

johnson1942
07-30-2016, 08:57 AM
please explain a strong dc key, it sounds very interesting? my son lives in the denver area with a barking dog next door that they will do nothing about. i went to the internet with him and showed him the high freq. devices to stop dogs in their tracks. when it starts its non stop barking he goes to his fence and tapes the button so it stays on and hangs it on the fence pointing toward the dog. the owners of the dog cant figure out why the dog doesnt want to be outside any more, and about claws the back door of the house off trying to get back in. talking rarely helps with situations, secret action does. had a friend who had a neighbor with a dog that crapped in my friends yard every day and the neighbors wouldnt try to stop it. my friends kids were always stepping in it when they played out side. he then bought a bunch of exlax and fed it to the dog after he just got done crapping in my friends yard. the dog crapped all over the dog owners house, on all the furniture and even on the walls. they got the message. some people need a strong message in secret.

birddog
07-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Yep,
Sounds like an episode I had In Wisconson. Pulled into the camp area early and set up in back to keep things quiet, well that went to hell in a handbasket. Got back from a ride and 4 young fellas had set up next to us. The **** roared until 4:30AM and as soon as they went quiet I got up and proceeded to raise the dead, they left about 1hr later. I kicked the trailer and told em day light was wasting!!!!!
Charlie

izzyjoe
07-30-2016, 09:13 AM
I'd go talk to them first, and kill them with kindness, be as nice as you can possibly be, cause that will set the tone. Be honest and tell them you are having trouble getting rest, and you tolerated this as long as you could, but ask them to give you some respect and tone it down. I was a kid once, with hot rods, and rock music, but I tried my best to respect my neighbors. I would wait till I got down the road before I cut lose. A simple talk will resolve this issue, if not just tell them next time you calling the law, and nobody wants that! There probably just trying to fix there car so they can get it back on the road, you might offer to help them and get it fixed, and that way can get some peace.

imashooter2
07-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Wont your loud music keep you just as awake as their loud music? Why don't you simply walk over and ask the kids to keep their music down because you sleep at night? If they choose not to, then game on, but decency requires you ask first. It's how adults handle problems.

needausername
07-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Try the talk first, and if that doesn't work then get one of those recordings of 1950's bluegrass and show the bass lovers what nothing but treble sound like.

Premod70
07-30-2016, 09:32 AM
If you have a strong amplifier a strong dc key down will make the music disappear.A kid from up the street use to run loud thumper type music but after a couple of repairs to his system it all has gone away.
Please excuse my ignorance, what is a DC key and how does it work.

ole 5 hole group
07-30-2016, 09:54 AM
I think the term as used here is referring to direct current. Most electronic and computer hardware needs DC to function, so one can mess with that equipment if they have access. Not sure how one can alter the DC without having "hands-on" the equipment for a couple minutes?

Ballistics in Scotland
07-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Well yes, someone interested in firearms and other technology, who has spent a lifetime collecting tools and odd skills, might be able to earn a bit of goodwill with kids who haven't. At their age someone turning up and offering pizzas might have seemed a bit close to accepting sweets from strange men.

ol skool
07-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Had a similar situation a few years back. After a couple nights of this grabbed 3 beers out of the fridge walked over to the house and asked them what they were working on. Just like any wrench they were happy to take a break to talk about the project.

20 minutes later we talked about my little girl and brand new son, sleep, quiet at night, and a reasonable time to knock off. They thought 10:00pm would probably be all right, so I went back to bed. That was the end of that. Brought goodies from the garden or eggs from the chickens over once in a while to keep things neighborly.

Garyshome
07-30-2016, 12:33 PM
This should about cover it
Bet the Remix sounds pretty good out of this system

Johnch
07-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Well I got a call just after 8 AM from the mother
SHE said there will not be music from HER house after 10 PM again
I thanked her and offered her sweet corn

After talking to her , the son mouthed off and she told him to either turn off the music or find as new place to live

Not sure , but I think she rules that house

Also my music was not even close to as loud as the Heavy Metal Junk they were blasting

John

DoubleAdobe
07-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Sounds like you have some relief. I am so glad I am isolated where I live. I can only aggravate myself, and often do, haha.

Jake70
07-30-2016, 10:28 PM

I agree with this. There is no need to escalate the situation yourself (and also become a nuisance to your other neighbors). It's been my experience that car guys are basically a brotherhood. Go over and talk about the cars. Offer them help if they need it. That will get their respect, and your problem should go away pretty easily.

Budzilla 19
07-30-2016, 10:29 PM
If talking doesn't work, like it didnt for me.Try this, a 1600 sq ft shop with the only open door pointed towards my neighbors house, about a 200 yd range, 450 watt Peavey studio amp, AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" album on full power, and after 30 minutes! He said enough! (Yeah, the cops showed up too)We have a socialable beer, now and then ,and have gotten to be pretty good friends! But all is well now. His kids don't ride my property at all hours of the night, setting off the alarm systems on everything and I don't play my favorite music at full volume in anything other than my vehicle! Good luck.

oh, and by the way, I'm a truck guy. Dodge diesels are my specialty, only the 89-2002 models. I tried talking cars and trucks , didn't help so plan B! He really is a nice guy, by the way. Just needed a little reminder about how a two way relationship works as far as respect for other people! He doesn't do his thing at all hours of the night, and I don't do full power burn outs with my hot rod Dodge at2 am any more! Peace and calm abound now! Hahaha!

Skunk1
07-31-2016, 12:07 AM
What's a neighborhood? Decided a long time ago I didn't need to live anywhere I couldn't pee off the porch!

Live in in a small town but still do the same thing. Only really have one neighbor.

izzyjoe
07-31-2016, 10:54 AM
Funny thing is when I was younger I loved a good sounding engine, a nice rumbling exhaust tone, but not too loud. But kids nowadays slap these racing mufflers on stock engine, and they sound like **** to me! Kinda funny but years ago my wife and me went cruzing just for old times sake in my 57 Chevy pu, and I had just finished building the 350/350hp engine, and man it sounded great, but some redneck kids were messing with us in newer dodge pu, they was wanting to race me, and I just wanted to ride around and have a good time, so I'd finally had enough, and the next time they came by i push the clutch in, and revved it to 6000 rpm, it literally scared the **** out of them, and pretty much everyone one else on the next two blocks! But they left us alone, and we enjoyed the rest of our evening. Sometimes you have to get you're bluff in.

kenyerian
07-31-2016, 11:15 AM
Thank goodness that I live in the country!!

dtknowles
07-31-2016, 11:30 AM
Thank goodness I have great neighbors.

mold maker
07-31-2016, 02:33 PM
My new neighbors didn't know how to appreciate me smelting and casting under the carport. He put up a 6' fence right on the line.
I told him that my Dad always told me that, "Good fences make good neighbors".
Funny, but he didn't get my meaning. He even turned down a cookout invite, saying something about the smell of my cooking.

woodbutcher
07-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Hi mold maker.Different take on"Good fences make good neighbors".Good fences make good neighbors.12ga shotguns make PERFECT neighbors".Hehehe.About 40 years ago had a similiar problem in my neighbor hood.The neighbor went over to have a friendly talk with noise makers.They got a little smart mouthed with him.Soooooooooooo he pulled out his ID shut them down real fast.His ID said FBI.Hehehehe.Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.Leo

therealhitman
07-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, what is a DC key and how does it work.

A CB Radio with a big linear amp and good antenna can blow stuff up. Search CB Keydown Competition Videos and you'll see some where the radio waves are so strong they effect the camera's electronics.

Ballistics in Scotland
08-01-2016, 05:40 AM
Wont your loud music keep you just as awake as their loud music?

Oh dear, however was anyone to think of that? It sounds like the mother was well worth keeping up good relations with. You will always find people willing to hold your coat and watch any nice, interesting fight you get into.

mold maker
08-01-2016, 10:42 AM
I never internally used my CB for such a purpose, but at one time I had a vibrant and penetrating base rig. I never cranked it up except in the early morning hours before the neighbors woke up. I thought I was being considerate.
One morning at a little after 3:oo AM there was a very loud knock, and when I opened the door, there stood my neighbor from a block away. Her hair was in curlers and her house coat was barely on. She had a scowl that you knew not to mess with.
Her first words were, "Have you been on that %#&* radio this morning"?
I said, "Yes, why?"
She answered something to the effect, that my voice boomed from her stereo, even after she unplugged it, and it wasn't the first time.
I had an attention tone (paper clip fastened to the mike) that rang like a church bell, and it appeared that I had gotten more attention than I intended.
All this to say that indeed, a highly amplified CB will ruin your inconsiderate neighbor's music and the tranquility of everyone around you for half a mile.

casac47
08-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Most kids today don't seem to understand the old adage about not crapping in your nest.

leeggen
08-01-2016, 10:18 PM
John you done great. With your headaches and all the mucis from both would have sent you into convultions.LOL
Get some well deserved sleep.
CD

Regulator.
08-03-2016, 07:11 PM
I never internally used my CB for such a purpose, but at one time I had a vibrant and penetrating base rig. I never cranked it up except in the early morning hours before the neighbors woke up. I thought I was being considerate.
One morning at a little after 3:oo AM there was a very loud knock, and when I opened the door, there stood my neighbor from a block away. Her hair was in curlers and her house coat was barely on. She had a scowl that you knew not to mess with.
I said, "Yes, why?"
She answered something to the effect, that my voice boomed from her stereo, even after she unplugged it, and it wasn't the first time.
I had an attention tone (paper clip fastened to the mike) that rang like a church bell, and it appeared that I had gotten more attention than I intended.
All this to say that indeed, a highly amplified CB will ruin your inconsiderate neighbor's music and the tranquility of everyone around you for half a mile.
Talk about a hard lesson learned

Storydude
08-04-2016, 10:23 AM
I said, "Yes, why?"

And done enough, will get those cool white vans with no windows and a bunch o antennas on the top parking in front of your house, then nice men in blue suits showing up to talk to you about your illegal CB setup..

Johnch
08-04-2016, 11:09 AM
OK step 1 is done
I found about 500 of the blanks the other day

So they are now setting in a box on the end of the reloading bench

Now I have to make myself , to take the cover off the small lathe and start that part of the project

John