PDA

View Full Version : RCBS does it again.

jsizemore
07-28-2016, 01:31 PM
I bought a Littleton shotmaker from a fella. Bolted to the top is a RCBS Promelt to supply alloy to keep production going. Missing was the base plate and mold guide rod. Called RCBS to get the replacement parts. After a not to long wait, the nice lady took my order and wouldn't let me pay. I said it wasn't their fault and I feel like I should pay. She said they had no way to charge me. I told her that meant I'd be buying more of their stuff. Great company with great products.

osteodoc08
07-28-2016, 05:04 PM
I broke a decap stem and expander set up on one of my 300 BLK dies when I stuck a piece of brass. Sent it out and all was good with the world. They wouldn't let me pay either. All I've bought lately have been RCBS dies.

Hornady has not been as kind or friendly for me lately.

mold maker
07-29-2016, 08:54 AM
On the few occasions in over 50 years, that I needed parts for my RCBS equipment, They have provided everything needed, including shipping. Usually, the fault was mine, but it didn't matter, even on very old presses and related stuff. Even when I lost parts, or bought used, they graciously replaced them.
We are indeed lucky to have suppliers with no-nonsense warranties and CS like that.
Imagine if we were dealing with GM, GE or Sears, and they're pretty good.

yancey
07-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Several times i have had parts missing or broken and RCBS sends me new ones At no charge . I have tried to pay and i get the same answer as others have said. RCBS gets an A+ from me also.

OS OK
07-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Everything I bought in, I think 74...was RCBS, didn't know any better with limited selection at the time and location, but...those dies and that chucker are still in use today...amazing huh? As far a service...
Heck...I'm still amazed that you actually get to talk to a human being on the other end...nothing frustrates me more than to have to climb a phone tree or have a computer call me.

I've lived past my era.

Stewbaby
07-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Ditto. Bought a used 8mm die from an older gentleman. He had somehow changed out the neck sizer to 308. Sent an email explaining and that I needed to buy a new neck sizer and they send one out free! All my dies are RCBS and will stay that way! (Except my 7.5x55 Swiss Redding [emoji6])