PDA

View Full Version : verse 7/28

DerekP Houston
07-28-2016, 06:48 AM
Ok verse and a prayer today, not sure which it counts as but i liked it.

A Prayer for CleansingPsalm 51 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive [1] (http://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=Psalm+51&ver=kjv#f1) me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

buckwheatpaul
07-28-2016, 07:04 AM
From the time of Adam, God knows that man sin.....it is through his grace that we can get to be with Him by professing that Jesus is you savior and then work as hard as you can to not sin....but sin we will.....thank You, God, for Your grace toward me, my friends and true Christians that work daily for You.

Pine Baron
07-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Amen and Amen.

Boaz
07-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Amen .

claude
07-28-2016, 11:12 AM
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Good choice Derek; we all stand before Him naked as baby birds for He knows our very thoughts;

1Ch_28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:...

Isa_66:18 For I know their works and their thoughts:...

Mat_9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said,.....

We can't put anything over on Him, He sees all of us, even those things we might not want Him to.

Boaz
07-28-2016, 12:24 PM
.Amen

Preacher Jim
07-28-2016, 03:04 PM
When you think God does not forgive Psalms 51 and Psalms 32 are the repentance of David for adultery, murder, and disobedience of God.
If God forgave David your sins are easy. Ask, follow David's example and get back in step with the Lord.

Blackwater
07-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Derek. Just had someone ask me what I think of the Chapel now that we're really getting into the meat of it all, and much real and deep study is going on. I told him I was very grateful. Thanks to all who've made it possible.

Isn't it funny how folks who are really serious about their faith CAN, even if we're all imperfect, get things going that are so good for us all? And how when we cooperate together, and see beyond any differences we have to the common core that's within us all, how great thing can be done? All lessons are humbling, but this one's a real hummer! And we can do it as a nation, too. What's that old saying? "Let it begin with me?" Even the worst and most "unworthy" among us (in their own eyes, usually) CAN and DO make huge differences in this world! And it's GOD to be the Almighty that makes the difference, when all we really have to put forth is some honest and care-filled effort, and God provides the rest. And if we falter a bit now and then, He uses it to teach us how to do better next time, and few "mistakes" we ever make are uncorrectable. Is our God an amazing and awe inspiring God or what?