PDA

View Full Version : I'm just sayin'

2HighSpeed
07-25-2016, 12:02 AM
I don't know what I would have done without some of you wise fellers (and ladies) the past few years. Y'all have helped me with everything from learning how to smelt lead, child raisin', medical issues with Cory, moves to new places, Corys retirement, va and their dirty games..... I swear you all know it all. I only need to go to one place to have just about any question awnsered. I know I've barely been here for the past year, I apolize. Please bear with me while we are still settling into our new normal. This ish ain't easy. But somehow, were chuggin along and keeping sane. It's been quite a roller coaster ride lately. I really think va and dod makes things complicated so people will give up. My daddy didn't raise a quitter.

runfiverun
07-25-2016, 12:26 AM
lotta vet's I know just pay out of pocket rather than deal with the VA.

Bzcraig
07-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Thankfully for Cory you're not a quitter! Keep at it girl!

Wayne Smith
07-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Andrea, check the post just above or below this. I rely on this site for most of my questions, too. The amount of experience and knowledge here is amazing.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Yep, lots of life experience here and hard earned knowledge and wisdom, on nearly every subject.
It's humbling to say the least.

2HighSpeed
07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Thats probably where we will end up. He has Tricare too, but tricare standard. Because if I move everyone to prime our boys can't see the pediatrician they have seen for over 2 years now. And we just adore her. So navigating tricare standard is pretty much a nightmare. So much of it makes 0 sense.

lotta vet's I know just pay out of pocket rather than deal with the VA.

2HighSpeed
07-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Its very sad. Because I guarantee most got the knowledge by fighting the va. Veterans should NOT have to fight for what they earned. It boils my blood like no other.

Im fighting my dads claim right now. They bumped him 10 to 40. And he had 2 other things deferred which he had a C&P for. Their verbiage in the C&P results makes me feel like they will dent those two things. At 40%, he's not allowed to collect his va pay because he is a 20'year retiree. But, at 50%, he can. This has been 20 years in the making, he retired at 10th mountain in 96... When I was 16 years old.

Yep, lots of life experience here and hard earned knowledge and wisdom, on nearly every subject.
It's humbling to say the least.

quilbilly
07-25-2016, 11:36 PM
I guess I have been lucky. I use Tricare for my meds and VA for medical issues while my wife uses Tricare for all and both of our experiences have been pretty good so far. My problems have been with skin cancers (many and rare kinds) and the VA has done right by me. The problem has been the long drives to the VA hospital then horrible parking but this morning the VA Derm. head nurse called me at home out of the blue to tell me she found a local Derm surgeon that is good and is scheduling me closer to home for my upcoming surgery (Yippee!!). I know this local surgeon is good because my hunting partner (a retired surgeon) uses him. I am much pleased. The secret may be that the VA docs I know like me and spend time talking hunting and fishing and swapping outdoor stories while I am there. On the other hand, it could be that these weird skin things I have have been a good training tool for the med students and interns coupled with an easy going attitude on my part which doesn't scare the "youngsters". Whatever works I guess.

Olevern
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear you are having that kind of trouble; hang in there and know you are being supported in prayer.