PDA

View Full Version : PM - How to Attach Photo

bullpen7979
07-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to attach a file to a PM? Finished up a powder coating project for another CB'er and can't seem to find a way to attach the spreadsheet file.

No_1
07-23-2016, 02:19 PM
The only way I know is to use a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com to host the photo then link to that photo in the PM.

OBIII
07-23-2016, 11:26 PM
Bullpen,
Is it a spreadsheet file or picture of the spreadsheet? One of the editing icons allows you to insert an image, from a url as Robert said, or from Cast Boolits, if you have uploaded an image here. As far as I know, there is no way to attach any other file types like .pdf or .xls.
OB

daengmei
04-23-2020, 09:29 AM
I posted a couple photos that I could only use .pdf until I could figure out what was a problem. Just now I tried uploading a 16 page pdf file in the test area. It posted ok, though the pdf extension is not listed. I don't know if it was all photos or not. Now to find a pdf spreadsheet.

Sasquatch-1
02-01-2022, 08:27 AM
I just ran into this same problem. Why is it that in a regular post I can upload photos directly from a file but in a pm the upload would have to go through a third-party site? I have no problem attaching photos in the open forums.