PDA

View Full Version : soft cast boolits

Frank46
10-26-2005, 04:00 AM
I have a buddy who has a ruger redhawk, and smith and wesson model 29 in 44 magnum. Since he started shooting store bought hard cast bullets he has been complaining about all the time he has to spend cleaning out the leading
in the cylinder and forcing cones of each revolver. I kept telling him to bring them over one night so's I can measure the cylinder throats to see what he's dealing with. My redhawk has .433 throats. And I kept telling him that the hard cast bullets are not what he should be shooting. Nice wheel weight bullets of a proper diameter, with a proper soft lube and a gas check. He said he did a web search for anyone out there who sold soft cast bullets. Did not turn up any sites. Has anyone got a handle on such a site or where he can get what he wants?. Frank

Lloyd Smale
10-26-2005, 05:46 AM
best bet is probably mount baldy bullets. He usually casts a little softer then most and would probably cast them in about any alloy youd like.

Bullshop
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Frank
Right here.
BIC/BS

Frank46
10-28-2005, 03:06 AM
lloyd, will give him the info. Bullshop will give him your website also. He does not cast and I have been trying to get his butt over to my house so's I can measure his cylinder throats. Thanks, Frank