PDA

View Full Version : Managing Attachments in Windows 10 is not working on CB

DCP
07-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Anyone else having issues?

Managing Attachments in Windows 10 is not working on CB, its all jumbled and you cant see any photos.

It works just fine with Windows 7 had to use old computer to post photo.

Sent inquiry to No 1

2ndAmendmentNut
07-16-2016, 10:01 AM
If you can revert back to Windows 7.

My work computer was a 7 professional and I had professional copies of the various Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc.) One day I came back from lunch and the computer updated to 10 by itself. I couldn't reverse the update, my Microsoft Office was downgraded to a trial period version, and most offensively I couldn't run my Autocad/Carlson software. In the end I had to get a new PC just to finish a few pending jobs I had been working on. The new PC already had Windows 10 and honestly it seems to work fine. Still pissed about my old one going down, but if I ever get the time I'll give Linex or whatever it's called a try.

Sorry that doesn't really help your problem, just had to rant about how terrible the 10 update is.

DCP
07-16-2016, 10:12 AM
If you can revert back to Windows 7.

My work computer was a 7 professional and I had professional copies of the various Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc.) One day I came back from lunch and the computer updated to 10 by itself. I couldn't reverse the update, my Microsoft Office was downgraded to a trial period version, and most offensively I couldn't run my Autocad/Carlson software. In the end I had to get a new PC just to finish a few pending jobs I had been working on. The new PC already had Windows 10 and honestly it seems to work fine. Still pissed about my old one going down, but if I ever get the time I'll give Linex or whatever it's called a try.

Sorry that doesn't really help your problem, just had to rant about how terrible the 10 update is.

Cant use Windows 7 the new computer came with Windows 10

M-Tecs
07-16-2016, 12:24 PM
No issues for me on 10 using Edge.

bangerjim
07-16-2016, 12:32 PM
I have several associates using 10 with no problems. Wife's new HP came with 10 and no problems.

I plan to keep 7 PRO on my business computers due to things mentioned above. I like 7. No problems. Why shift to an unknown on a machine that works 110% all the time.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I also run high-end pro software and sure do not want to go thru that! You must watch those stupid updates! I do not allow my office computers to do auto updates EVER because there is one of those cryptic updates that DOES now install 10........without YOU knowing it! I manage the updates one at a time and determine which ones I want and which ones to leave alone. Have been doing that for years.

dave524
07-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Maybe it is a browser problem, I have some problems with IE 11 and Windows 10 Edge on some forums, maybe try Chrome or Firefox .

DerekP Houston
07-16-2016, 12:55 PM
I don't have any issues but there is a work around.

My job requires me to use windows XP and older software routinely to access old equipment. What you want (and is included for free) is to use "windows virtual PC"

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyperv_on_windows/quick_start/walkthrough_create_vm

They have changed the terminology from windows 7 a tad, but follow the instructions above and you can create a virtual machine that runs windows 7. I have one for windows XP, Linux, and Windows 7 running on my home pc, makes it much easier to access things when you run into occasional bugs. A bit of an advanced work around, but it lets you use the same PC instead of having to keep windows 7 box around. Feel free to PM me if you need assistance, I have a remote access program through my job and can walk your through it.

DCP
07-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Its Google Chrome problem with Windows 10. wont work

Went to IE and log in and it works fine. Windows 10
Chrome with Windows 7 works fine.

Robert is (working on it) or aware of issue.