PDA

View Full Version : Angels

Boaz
07-12-2016, 05:32 AM
Psalms 91:11 (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-91-11/) - For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Hebrews 1:14 (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Hebrews-1-14/) - Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Hebrews 13:2 (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Hebrews-13-2/) - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Psalms 103:20 (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-103-20/) - Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Teddy (punchie)
07-12-2016, 06:24 AM
Yes Angel is a servant of the God. We have free will and he sent his son to cover our sins.

square butte
07-12-2016, 07:48 AM
All around us - especially when we need them

Pine Baron
07-12-2016, 08:05 AM
If you look, you will see them.

buckwheatpaul
07-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Very powerful....thanks for the reminder.....Paul

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
I think I've told this here before, but when Mom was in her last days, and knew she didn't have much time left, I got off work and went to see her. She had an extremely complacent look on her face, and I commented that she seemed very happy. She said "Why wouldn't I be when I know I'm going to see the Lord soon?" That hit me like a ton of bricks! Then, she looked at me with the most self assured smile I've ever seen, kind of like the Mona Lisa's, only less reserved and more overt, and said, "I saw my mother this morning, and she had the most beautiful wings!" And when she said that, she just turned her eyes back stright forward, maintaing her expression, and just seemed to be visualizing what her Mom had looked like. She was orphaned at the age of 15 in 1932, one of the worst years of the Great Depression, and hadn't seen her Mom in over 60 years.

Some say people "see things" when they're near death, but most don't. They try to explain such reports away. But I know Mom well, and there was nothing delusional about her demeanor whatsoever. She was always afraid of being fearful, and one heck of a scrapper. I believe she got fearful of dying, and the Lord sent her Mom to her to reassure her, and let her know it was all going to be more than just OK, and she'd be getting her own wings soon. With that reassurance, she never showed the least sign of resistance to crossing over into the next world whatsoever, and when she died, she just stopped breathing, and had a slight smile on her face. I know that she didn't want to leave this world, because she always tended to think that she needed to be here to keep me and my brother straight. I suspect she was reassured on that account, too.

We can't "KNOW" what all goes on in these situations, but they're so unusual we HAVE to have some sort of assessment of them. If the Bible speaks of angels, and says that we'll be counted among them if we just trust and love Him, why wouldn't the Lord give this wonderful woman a glimpse of her Mother, who she loved and missed so much, before crossing over, to reassure her and calm any fears she had? I believe it was real and she was simply stating what really, truly happened. Others will see it differently, but I knew Mom and the Lord, and enough of the Bible to know this report was in NO way out of line with what the Bible tells us our Lord can indeed do. For me, to disbelieve her, with zero reasons to do so, under the circumstances that existed at that moment, would be to disbelieve the Bible and our Lord's promises. So I'll always believe it.

And even if it was some sort of halucination, who sent it to her, and why? Either way, it was real to her, and I think it was real in the most complete sense, whatever mechanics may have been involved.

There have been other instances where I felt the presence of angels. How I sensed that it was angels and not just an "eerie feeling," I don't know, but I know I was sure it WAS one or more angels. We often say that God works in mysterious ways, but do we really mean it, or do we always feel compelled to seek earthly explanations for everything? This, I think, is one of the great tests we are sent to deal with. For my own part, I will not worry much about HOW I know, I'll just go with WHAT I believe I know. And that's all any of us can really do, isn't it? Those who go with more finite explanations can have it. I'll stick with the knowledge that God is SO much bigger, stronger, and more wonderful and loving than we can even appreciate, and let the doubters have their doubts. Just makes sense to me.