Pine Baron
07-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Thank you BW. There is Hope.

Preacher Jim
07-11-2016, 10:30 AM
good post thank you

Blackwater
07-11-2016, 02:20 PM
We often tend to claim that "they're all like that," but it's never been true. There are gradients to the degree of corruption that exists within those who represent us in Congress, just like there is among us who vote. And one tends to reflect and coincide with the other. Trey seems to be one of the brighter spots in Congress, and there are others. I just find it really heartening that a Congressman can and would deliver such a speech, and obviously men every word he's said. We're blessed to have folks like him in Congress. Let us not forget that they DO exist up there in that lofty post. Not all are corrupted. The way the laws on campaigning and so much else are now, to run for such positions is a bit like running a gauntlet of hazards and obstacles. This keeps many good men out of politics, unfortunately. Funny, isn't it, how most all those obstacles and hazards were put there to "keep Congress clean," isn't it? So much of our own intentions seem to be thwarted by so many things, and we often get the opposite of what we wanted and intended, when we try to "regulate" any and every thing that walks, moves or crawls. Rather, we probably should just have fewer and more general rules, and watch our reps and Sen's more closely? It just seems like the harder we try to ensure honesty in gov't, the less of it we get, except from those who are really there trying their best to keep and maintain our freedoms and our position in the world.

To deliver a message like that, at the time and place it was delivered, shows there's more within Trey than many who are jaded by it all would expect. I thought it might illustrate a timely point?

MaryB
07-12-2016, 12:33 AM
If Trey ran for president I think he would have a very good chance of winning. But he is not related to the Bushes, the Clinton's, and the rest of the past presidents... Yes if you go back almost all of the presidents are cousins of some sort or another or closer relation. This country has always been about sacrifice to make it greater and greater, it is time to bring that back!

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Amen, Mary! But we're SO easily led, as a people. It's OUR failings that always wind up being the cause of all our ills in this country. How else could it be, when we're the ones who put the idjits in positions of power? And that's the hardest part of it all to take. Nobody wants to acknowledge our own part in it all, but we all have had at least some portion in it, even if we voted "right." As much as we love our individuality, it's as a PEOPLE that we truly operate in this country, and that's really gone downhill since the Founding, at a seemingly ever increasing rate. I fear for my country, but I trust my Lord. For every problem and challenge, there's always a solution. It's just often not the solution we WANT. But the Lord is MUCH wiser than we are, and I thank Him that He's the one ultimately deciding the answers and not us ourselves. We tend to get things MUCH worse than He ever would!