PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolit Logos

Gunload Master
10-25-2005, 03:23 PM
UPDATED**
After reviews and comments, here are your THREE options. May the best logo win.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/logo/castboolits5x1.jpg

grumble
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
"Boolits" (as opposed to "bullets") has sort of become our unofficial trademark. Let's not mess with the spelling.

I don't like the shiny boolits in the logo. If I wanted shiny, by gum, I'd shoot FLGCs! <GGG>

Personally, I don't much care for the slogan, either. Doesn't make much sense to me. A slogan should either be humorous or state a principle, such as:
-"Followers of the Silver Stream," or
-"Casters keep their molds hot," or
-"Big meplats are good meplats," or
-"Copper is for sissies."

Scrounger
10-25-2005, 04:15 PM
The art work is fine, don't do a thing to it. That slogan sucks. How about: Find 'em; Melt 'em; Mold 'em; Shoot 'em or??? Without a slogan is fine too.

imashooter2
10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
"Copper is for sissies." Great stuff there. No slogan is good too.

Junior1942
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
You have a dang good graphic artist!! I also don't like the slogan. How 'bout "Casters make better lovers because their meplats are bigger."

grumble
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
You have a dang good graphic artist!! I also don't like the slogan. How 'bout "Casters make better lovers because their meplats are bigger."

If you want to go the sex route, you need to keep it at inuendo, so as not to be crude. Something like, "Casters have big, hot meplats." Or, "Big meplat seeks slinkey ogive."

Gunload Master
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
So should we keep "Boolits" or change it to "Bullets" ?

How about "Dedicated to Cast Bullets" as a slogan?

grumble
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
"Cast Bullets" is an oxymoron in this mangy group.

"Dedicated?" Are we a religous order? Nope, don't like it.

wills
10-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Boolits.
Do people shoot j******* boolits? Probably not.
Are boolits used in typography? Probably not.
If you do a google search for boolits, what do you get?
If you do a google search for bullets, what do you get?

Jumptrap
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't care for 'BOOLITS'...much prefer Bullets. Perhaps "Pb Projectiles" is fitting.

As for a slogan.....if one is needed at at all....here is one:

"Try a Slug of this."

SharpsShooter
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I've done enough image work in the past ten years to know a good job when i see it. That's fine work. Boolits is a virtual trademark of this bunch of tinkerers. I vote Boolits!

Dutch4122
10-25-2005, 06:00 PM
"Boolits" is just fine with me.

I believe there was a similar thread a while back dealing with hats & t-shirts. IIRC one of the slogans suggested then was "We Pour Our Own." Kinda liked that one myself.

Lee W
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Another vote for "Boolits"
How about "The lost art of lead" as a slogan.
:lovebooli

Steelbanger
10-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Here's a vote for "Bullets". We have enough poor spelling everywhere these days.

waksupi
10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Cast Bullets
Pour it on!

Just got the new computer up and running. Haven't figured out how to make the font bigger yet. Pressing Ctrl and clicking the clicker doesn't do it. I shall seek, and I shall find.

Wayne Smith
10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I'll go with "Boolits" cause it's about who we are, not about who we ought to be. I'm no good with slogans, they all come out sounding strange, even to me! I like several of those, though.

Gunload Master
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok, well just settle it with "Boolits".
As far as the slogan goes.. here's a few more.. I think it would be nice to have a good slogan though..
After I get quite a lot more of these, I will toss up a poll with all the choices for everyone to vote on, best vote wins.. How's that sound?

...we put the "ooi" in bullets!
...to Pb or not to Pb. Duh!
...makers of fine cast bullets!
...Pb stands for Perfect Bullet!
...shaping the way you shoot!
...we broke the mold but, have a new one on order!
...casting a shadow over competition!
...because bullets are people too!
...powder really burns our ass!

Gunload Master
10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Let me throw this one out.. Should the logo have the website name on it?
http://castboolits.gunloads.com

wills
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Cast Bullets
Pour it on!

Just got the new computer up and running. Haven't figured out how to make the font bigger yet. Pressing Ctrl and clicking the clicker doesn't do it. I shall seek, and I shall find.

View >Text Size > Larger

grumble
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
-molding the future
-homemade accuracy
-from scraps to scores
-a lead legacy
-leaders use lead
-they're just better!
-keeping the tradition alive

wills
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I don't care for 'BOOLITS'...much prefer Bullets. Perhaps "Pb Projectiles" is fitting.

As for a slogan.....if one is needed at at all....here is one:

"Try a Slug of this."

Since we can size 'em to fit, how about "Pb projectiles are fitting"

waksupi
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks, Wills. That helped, but still not as big as it was. Guess I'll sit closer. Still using my old monitor. May have to try the new one.

SharpsShooter
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Cast Boolits...Leading The Way To The X Ring.

Cayoot
10-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Let me throw this one out.. Should the logo have the website name on it?
http://castboolits.gunloads.com

Yes I think you should, also I cast (pun intended) my vote for "Boolits".

Also, I'm strongly against any sexual content on the logo. I don't want anything I can't wear around my grandchildren. Besides, it plays into the liberal left image of us as low-brow slobs.

I think the graphic art is great! Also, lots of good sounding logos here. :lovebooli

SharpsShooter
10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Boolits.
Do people shoot j******* boolits? Probably not.
Are boolits used in typography? Probably not.
If you do a google search for boolits, what do you get?
If you do a google search for bullets, what do you get?

Wills,

I googled "boolits". Guess what I found? A link to the board is all.

:grin:

Scrounger
10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Wills. That helped, but still not as big as it was. Guess I'll sit closer. Still using my old monitor. May have to try the new one.

I don't know if this will help or not since I don't know what settings you're working with now. Anyway,

Click "Start", "Control Panel", "Accessibility", "Display", "Settings". About the middle of the page there is an arrow which will allow you to make your font anywhere from 'Small' to "Extra Large". Check it out.

David R
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Very nice logo. I think one needs a gas check.

Boolits is who we are.

Jackets are for Sissies Sissys?

Excelent job.

David

wills
10-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Wills,

I googled "boolits". Guess what I found? A link to the board is all.

:grin:

Exactly, easy to find, no stuff about "Jword bullets"

Jumptrap
10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, it appears we're going to enter into an age of officaldom with the site being called: Cast Boolits

Might as well make Elmer Fudd the official Mascot.....wif and pickshur of him shootin dat pesky wabbit wif a tast boolit in his dun.

shooter575
10-25-2005, 09:57 PM
I vote "Boolits" also.No gas checks
Waksupis "Pour it on" is good.So is Grumbles "Followers of the Silver Stream"

Bigscot
10-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I too like the use of "boolits".

Cast Boolits, Nuff said, Now Go And Pour Yourself a Hot One.

Bigscot

krag35
10-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Boolits
krag35

Tigger
10-25-2005, 11:05 PM
"Boolits" is cool.

How about "Silver Success"

"Casting Success"

StarMetal
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
"CAST BOOLITS....THE STARMETAL"

Joe

ammohead
10-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Definately "boolits" And I like "we pour our own" or "pour your own" I like the graphics shiney or not. The url should be included but in small font at the bottom so it is information not an advertisement.

What ever happened to the hat/shirt idea? Is this a continuation?

ammohead

ammohead
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM
"10 Million dead buffalo can't be wrong"

ammohead

The Nyack Kid
10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
I like "boolits" it is a unique word know only amoung the "enlighted" few.
as for a slogan how bout
" 600+ years and counting"
I thought up that one myself , which would explain that burn wiring smell.

crazy mark
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Cast Bullets
Pour it on!

Up on your tool bar area you will see view. Click and then go to text size and then pick the size text you want from smallest to largest. Mark

Gunload Master
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
I will get the Top 10 slogans and then put up a poll so everyone can vote for their best one. So far I think the top ones are these:

Followers of the Silver Stream
Casters keep their molds hot
We Pour Our Own
Pour it on
keeping the tradition alive
Pb projectiles are fitting
Silver Success
600+ years and counting

Blackwater
10-26-2005, 01:16 AM
This newbie likes "Boolits" for all afore said reasons, and I'll cast my vote for the motto: "We pour it on."

I also like "Followers of the Silver Stream," too, but "We pour it on" is simpler and more direct. According to a buddy who worked in advertising for over 15 years, those are two factors that tend, in time, to work better and more consistently. No bad ideas have been mentioned, but IMO (for the moment anyway) those are my picks & reasons therefor.

Frank46
10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Gunload Master Keep the spelling as Boolits after all this is castboolits @ gunloads.com
and Followers of the silver stream is good with me. Frank

7br
10-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Heck, I kinda liked the "We broke the mould, but we have a new one on order" .

Other than that, I would like "Followers of the silver stream" or "We pour our own"

When is this going to wrap up? I would like either a hat to wear to the silhouette matches. I wouldn't mind a coffee mug as I broke the one I have used at work for the last 10 years.

45nut
10-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I really wanted to let you guys determine something before I tossed my thoughts into the fire,but it surely seems there is a grgwing consensus for "Followers of the Silver Stream" as the slogan and I am behind it 100%. That new logo is very cool,and "Boolits" is correctly applied to suit our needs and as the word is out around the world,it no longer seems to hinder finding us.
This is a continuation of the older thread,but with Gunload Masters pro-graphic artist submission. I really like it. Let the final vote tally begin soon my friends.
T-shirts with front pockets and ball caps,and coffee cups are all on the list.

Scrounger
10-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Heck, I kinda liked the "We broke the mould, but we have a new one on order" .

Other than that, I would like "Followers of the silver stream" or "We pour our own"

When is this going to wrap up? I would like either a hat to wear to the silhouette matches. I wouldn't mind a coffee mug as I broke the one I have used at work for the last 10 years.

I like the art work but I have yet to see a slogan I like. I probably wouldn't wear a hat or T-shirt showing the logo. Just the way I am... But I concede there are a lot of guys who will want that sort of thing so I hope someone will go to that effort and make it available to them. If it's GunloadMaster, he certainly deserves any profit for his efforts in designing the logo and running the board. Other than that, I'd suggest marketing rights be assigned to Sundog, where profits could be used to support Castpics.

Sky C.
10-26-2005, 10:23 AM
The graphic is GREAT!

BOOLITS is not a mis-spelling - it is unconventional - I like it!

for a slogan - I like:

Pour it on!
Followers of the silver stream

What all products are planned? Hopefully it will be available on a variety of high quality items!

Best regards-

Sky C.

Shepherd2
10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
To be meaningful to us I think the spelling has to be "Boolits".

I like "We pour our own" best.

45nut
10-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I like the art work but I have yet to see a slogan I like. I probably wouldn't wear a hat or T-shirt showing the logo. Just the way I am... But I concede there are a lot of guys who will want that sort of thing so I hope someone will go to that effort and make it available to them. If it's GunloadMaster, he certainly deserves any profit for his efforts in designing the logo and running the board. Other than that, I'd suggest marketing rights be assigned to Sundog, where profits could be used to support Castpics.

Actually the profit margin is bound to be minimal and dedicated to a reserve fund for cards and flowers and such for members and families of members lost as well as a fund to buy extra molds as available for re-sale.
This forum/website has never been about one man's future,I set this page up in the hopes of keeping the core dedicated boolit casters from the old long gone shooters.com website,now we have over 950 signed on and are gaining more at a rapid clip. "Cast Boolits" was and is about sharing the knowledge abd gaining the same through everyones efforts. The pride assigned in wearing a hat or tee will be the same for a rookie caster as well as the advanced.
I know for a fact that without the participation of everyone this forum would not have had a snowballs chance in south texas,but without individuals stepping forward on their own nothing would have ignited on its own.
Sundog has the greatest respect from me and my continued support of Castpics is in the list of priorities of course.
The future belongs to everyone,and everyone that signs on here is hopefully rewarded,but riches are not to be gained here in monetary form.
We have no high-dollar Sponsors blasting pop-ups or huge distracting ad's that send $ to anyones bank account,we subsist on member donations,the sales of caps and tee's will augment that and hopefully off-set the costs of hosting an ever increasing use of bandwidth here. As well as allowing us to "do the right thing" when some of our own face hardship and distress,the funds should and will be dedicated to the group.
Gunload Master Willy in hosting our furum of course has costs that must be taken into account. His help has been priceless,but he is a partner here and his motive is genuinely for the good of us all. We are in this together.
I hope this clears up any questions any of you may have and I am open to address any other concerns.

Bullshop
10-26-2005, 01:17 PM
A couple ideas, could be parts of or combination of parts of.
1 - Boolits on tap - not in a can
2 - Poured not pushed - Silver stream society
3 - Poured Boolits - a higher caliber
4 - and my favorite - Bull Shop Boolits, Yea I know I know but I realy like it!
BIC/BS

StarMetal
10-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Dan,

Not a chance, nobody even made a joke about StarMetal Bullets.

Joe

Bullshop
10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Dan,

Not a chance, nobody even made a joke about StarMetal Bullets.

Joe
Thats OK Joe I'm not trying to be the one just a part.
BIC/BS

rvpilot76
10-26-2005, 03:48 PM
How about this:
Pourin' lead and burnin' powder!

I'm all for "Boolits".

Kevin

1Shirt
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
The first one is excellent as is!!!
1Shirt

cropcirclewalker
10-26-2005, 06:06 PM
I have lurked as long as I can.

I go with boolits

"Bor'n Leaders" "Born Leaders" "Bore n Leaders"

HTRN
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Copper is for pennies.

Spread the lead.

Recycling wheelweights since 19XX

HTRN

felix
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I agree with 1Shirt. The FIRST ONE. No additional lines whatsoever. Want teeshirts, ballcaps, and coffeemugs, but only HIGH quality stuff. Ballcaps and mugs should be major league quality. Integral lettering on the caps, and mugs which don't crack on the bottom from microwave use. ... felix

Cayoot
10-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I really like:
1. We broke the mould, but we have a new one on order"
2. Followers of the Silver Stream

However, I'll buy the hat, tee-shirt and mug no matter what the slogon is as long as it isn't sexual.

Gunload Master
10-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Check out the first post of this thread for a small updated image.

waksupi
10-26-2005, 07:29 PM
What ever it ends up being, it needs to be pretty short. It would get pretty crowded on a cup or cap with some.

How about Star-Bull Inc.?

8mmshooter
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
How about:" Use Lead Instead" Keeping the American tradition alive. I vote for cast boolits as well. It is unique to this forum. My .02 8mmshooter

versifier
10-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Artwork is great! "Boolits" is cool.
I'm kinda partial to "The Lost Art Of Lead". I like the idea of the web edress. Maybe one could have a gas check, but why mess with it when it's so good right now. Might need a bumper sticker to fit all that good stuff on it, though. That would also get the message to more people easily.
For just a logo, I like the higher contrast of the second image and would kill the other words at the bottom - simple and powerful, it would look good on the website, on letterhead, car window decal, and it would make a great patch, too. When can we buy them? :lovebooli

Bullshop
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
What ever it ends up being, it needs to be pretty short. It would get pretty crowded on a cup or cap with some.

How about Star-Bull Inc.?
Waksupi
NO NO NO that could never work, it would have to be Bull-Star. Yea that sounds better!
BIC/BS

Fireball 57
10-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I have smooshed with Ardito, C. Harris, F. Marshall Jr.(crabby) Sears and a few others but, this forum "bunch' is the best! I believe "BOOLITS" are about who we are and POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ie: Bullets is for condom lovers. Great graphics- like the shinny cast-not the frosted, overheated ones. :lovebooli

Buckshot
10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
.................Those Boolits in the logo look chrome plated. Howse about a couple REAL cast boolits, maybe one with the seam side showing?

Several good slogans, I like Jumptraps, "Try a slug of this!"

So far as saying something goes (slogan, whatever) in the field of projectiles launched via a firearm, jacketed slugs are still so new they squeak.

Something like: "Cast Boolit's ........ good enough for the last 600 years". So that's a possible avenue.

"Cast Boolits, here to stay"
"Cast Boolits, 600 years of success"

.................Buckshot

Gunload Master
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Cast your vote for the slogan:
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3129

Scrounger
10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I wish "No Slogan" was on that list.

Jumptrap
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I wish "No Slogan" was on that list.

You know, the farther along this goes.....I am in total agreement with you Scroungy. I think no slogan is the best.

I also think Buckshot's advice on having a BULLET with a side seam showing is spot on and more dull in appearance is correct.

floodgate
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
You know, the farther along this goes.....I am in total agreement with you Scroungy. I think no slogan is the best.

I also think Buckshot's advice on having a BULLET with a side seam showing is spot on and more dull in appearance is correct.

I'm totally with Jumptrap and Scrounger on this: REAL-looking boolits (Yes, BOOLITS) and NO slogan - nice and clean, and if anyone at the range asks about the funny spelling, well, it's a chance to introduce them to our REAL world.

floodgate

fecmech
10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd kind of like the no slogan option Nick

MTWeatherman
10-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I just caught this thread. 66 posts in two days....shows a lot of interest in the future of the board.

There appears to be no lack of suggestions but here's mine:

"600 years of bullet innovation".

I like the "600 year" theme. Innovation is what we do on this board and putting the word "bullet" in the slogan will represent both the "boolet" and "bullet" camps.

That said, I've already voted. "Followers of the Silver Stream" has a nice sound to it. However, I also agree that no slogan is really necessary here. I believe that "no slogan" should be added to the voting list.

P.S...I like the graphic. Nice artwork.

Gussy
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Just checked in on this too.
Vote for Boolits

Art is a perfect cast bullet

Gus

Bear4570
10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I think the first logo is perfect just the way it is....nice job.

Hats'...T-Shirts???

Gunload Master
10-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Poll has been updated to include "No Motto"

imashooter2
10-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Poll has been updated to include "No Motto"

Oh sure... after I've already voted! [smilie=b:

Gunload Master
10-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Should I reset the polls?

HickoryCreek
10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I just "cast" my vote. Only 39 votes so far, thought there would be more.

Bullshop
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Gosh Joe we didn't even make the top ten, bummer!!! OK OK how about this Bull - Metal sounds like a winner to me
BIC/BS

StarMetal
10-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Dan,

Worse then that even is not even Carpetman made fun of us. Gosh, are these fellows going soft on us? Bull Metal sounds greats ...When you need to bring down the biggest bull in the herd you need a boolit that is up to task...a cast boolit..by Bull Metal.

Joe

waksupi
10-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Either way, it sounds like way too much BULL!

StarMetal
10-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks Ric.....that's more like it.

Joe

Tigger
10-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I think the bullets and the word cast look good shiny. The word boolits is gray and the contrast sets it off just right.

Haywire Haywood
10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi, new here but I like the idea. You can count me in for a T and a mug (and no wussie mug either, a 12ozer, I'm no novice coffee drinker :coffeecom). I voted for the 600yr theme. It has some tradition and "been around awhile" kinda feel to it. I also like the idea of dulling the boolit image a touch and having one of them a GC.

Ian

MTWeatherman
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Should I reset the polls?

Don't know how much additional effort you want to put in on this, but seems to me the fairest way to decide if voters want a motto or not would be to have a final vote between "No Motto" and the winning motto.

That way you'll truly know what the majority of voters prefer.

Gunload Master
10-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Don't know how much additional effort you want to put in on this, but seems to me the fairest way to decide if voters want a motto or not would be to have a final vote between "No Motto" and the winning motto.

That way you'll truly know what the majority of voters prefer.
I'll do just that. Great idea.

waksupi
10-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Having just looked at the logo again, I would suggest, along the lines of Pablo Picasso, maybe just a touch of red somewhere.

porkchop bob
10-28-2005, 07:48 AM
If we have to have a logo, the second one looks better.

However, I do not think we need a logo. I am sure I would not divert funds from powder, lead, or caps to buy a shirt or coffee cup with a logo.

Bob [smilie=6:

Shepherd2
10-28-2005, 07:59 AM
One thing that has been bugging me about the logo is the "S" in boolits. It looks like it's a different style than the rest of the letters. The "S" in cast is the same style as the other 3 letters and looks fine. Maybe there is a good reason for it or maybe it's just me but it doesn't look right to me.

Wayne Smith
10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Shiney, Schimiey! I don't think it matters much on a T-shirt or hat!

C1PNR
10-28-2005, 05:10 PM
One thing that has been bugging me about the logo is the "S" in boolits. It looks like it's a different style than the rest of the letters. The "S" in cast is the same style as the other 3 letters and looks fine. Maybe there is a good reason for it or maybe it's just me but it doesn't look right to me.
Looks like the font in "Boolits" is different from the font used in "Cast".

I do like the design, and am not too concerned with the saying.

Gunload Master
10-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Just to keep production going. Here is the final poll. Winner takes it:
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3158

Gunload Master
10-30-2005, 12:46 AM
I believe we have our answer of having NO MOTTO. With that being said, look at the third picture down and tell me what you think?
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=34106#post34106

Scrounger
10-30-2005, 01:00 AM
I believe we have our answer of having NO MOTTO. With that being said, look at the third picture down and tell me what you think?

Willye, I can be happy with any of those. You done good.

waksupi
10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
I like the second one, replacing the print with castboolits.gunloads.com

StarMetal
10-30-2005, 02:08 AM
I like the second one also. It's more colorful then the third one. I don't care if the cast bullets look dull like real cast or not.

Joe

Dutch4122
10-30-2005, 06:39 AM
My vote goes for #3. Maybe a different color background (green, red, etc.) to contrast everything else?

David R
10-30-2005, 07:33 AM
My $.02............the second one looks best to ME.

David

Powderpacker
10-30-2005, 08:23 AM
I would be happy with any of the logos but now I'm wondering if we need something like 'research group' or 'research center' or 'research site' between the 'cast boolits' and the web address - sort of a sub-title. Smaller font size than 'cast boolits' but larger than the eddress. This would also change the entire logo from a long rectangle to more of a square, which would make a better belt buckle - just thinking ahead here.

Haywire Haywood
10-30-2005, 08:46 AM

The dulled boolits do look more realistic but after seeing them, I don't think they make a good logo. I am in complete agreement with Waksupi.

Ian

imashooter2
10-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Number 2 with the same text as number 3 underneath. Lose the "feature" that the motto text is encapsulated in.

Cayoot
10-30-2005, 09:57 AM
My favorite is number #2, with the "Traditions" statement, but then again I'm a history buff.

I'll go with it no matter what ya choose in the end though.

Too Cool! [smilie=w:

45nut
10-30-2005, 11:38 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/logo/castboolits4.jpg
that looks cool !

Haywire Haywood
10-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Yep, but it's kinda lifeless, add some color to it and I could get behind it.

Ian

mike in co
10-30-2005, 12:18 PM
how about #2 with dull boolits, and without the url.....
the site can be listed outside the logo on what ever its on.
( and no slam to gunboards...but aint this the third site for us ??)

and yes thanks to all..lots of good work shown here...

floodgate
10-30-2005, 02:45 PM

I'm with Waksupi on this one: No. 2, with the motto replaced by our url - I sorta like the little flash the motto is in; should take the url equally well. I'm in for a cap and a mug; I don't wear T-shirts.

Floodgate

Gunload Master
10-30-2005, 02:47 PM
I think we decided then!
We will go with the #2 image with the URL underneath? I am having him put the URL underneath and will update the image when I get it.

Gunload Master
10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Ok, we got three variations of the prefered logo. Winner takes it.

Gunload Master
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I've created the very last poll. Check out the three logos and make your choice on the best one. The best one wins.
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3179

Tigger
10-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Well they all look good. I do prefer #2. :cool:

C1PNR
10-30-2005, 06:04 PM
1 or 3, but SANS URL!!

Good heavens, now we'll look like a buncha nerds from Santa Clara County PDRKalifornistan!!

What happened to the plain Logo? A motto is one thing, but a URL???

Well JMHO, and worth every bit you paid for it.8-)

Gunload Master
10-30-2005, 06:08 PM
If we decide on #2. We could probably do two various versions. 1 with the URL and 1 without the URL. That way, if you want a T-shirt, you can get one without the URL or with it.. Sound reasonable?

C1PNR
10-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Either 1 or 3, but NO URL!!!

What happened to "with or without a motto?" A motto is one thing, but a URL??? To paraphrase mike in co, how many urls are we going to list?

Now we look like a buncha nerds from Santa Clara County PDRKalifornistan! (With apologies to bltsandwedge and others of our beleaguered CA friends).

Oh well, JMHO and worth every bit you paid for it.:cry:

MTWeatherman
10-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Hopefully, this will be the last URL for this board in awhile. However, as mentioned, this is the third site that has hosted this board. That, to me, makes the case for putting the URL on the logo...it identifies the latest "home" for all to see. I don't find the URL offensive in the least, many logos carry a URL as a form of advertisement.

I also don't have a problem with the shiny bullets (or boolets). They look like freshly cast linotype to me.

Actually, all three logos look fine to me but I do think the URL looks better as a part of the logo rather than below it. I settled on #2 but damn near had to toss a coin to decide between #2 or #3.

...and Gunload Master, you deserve a lot of credit for taking this on...its not easy to get a consensus on any issue. You certainly went the extra mile in giving all the members a voice in the final decision. Thanks for your effort!

45nut
10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Actually,this site is on host number two,shooters.com never called the cast section "boolits",that was all internally formed nomenclature. Aimoo,the company I started CB on became less and less responsive to our needs. I asked Willy if he would be willing to host us and about 5 minutes later he showed me a ghost copy he was willing to host. To say I was impressed would not be giving him the credit he deserves,then or now in the face of the many,many hurdles he takes on in our days on gunloads.com .
Public thanks my friend are but a small part of my appreciation of how you really stepped forward back then and continue today with your help with our logo .
Three Cheers to you and the ever increasing membership in making CB a success then,now and in the bright future of Cast Boolits.

versifier
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I'd go with #2. Fantastic job. When can we get hats and/or patches?

Springfield
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
I like #3 first, #2 second. But then I am from Santa Clara County in Kalifornistan, so what do I know.

Cayoot
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Although they all look great, I think that in #3 the boolits stand out better.

I kinda had to stare at #1 & 2 to get the full image of the boolits.

In #3 the boolits just kinda jump out at you and grab your attention.

After all, it's boolits that we are about isn't it? :mrgreen:

BeeMan
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I've created the very last poll. Check out the three logos and make your choice on the best one. The best one wins.
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3179

#3 (frosted boolits)

BeeMan

Griff
11-05-2005, 10:21 AM
For my $.02, would love to have T-Shirts in heavy weight long sleeve versions, colors ok. But, I know how this works, gotta have the numbers to go along with that. I have a source, but need orders in multiples of a dozen.
If more are interested than just me :coffee: I'll volunteer to HELP organize. Here's site that shows quality of t-shirt I'd suggest: http://www.hanes.com/HanesCommerce/en-US/Products/Product+Detail.htm?CS_ProductID=6319&CS_Category=Men_TShirts_Outerwear_Tees&CS_Catalog=HanesCatalog&CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=HanesCatalog;Men;Men_ ByCategory;Men_TShirts;Men_TShirts_Outerwear_Tees&CanBuy=True
They'd end up, price wise, at about this price to cover the cost of silkscreening. (If enough were ordered per color).
(I drive a truck OTR for a living and am not at home for long periods, {but still avail online thru the magic of wireless} so if someone else wants to volunteer to do the receivin/shipping stuff, I can be contacted @ sass93@sbcglobal.net.

Bullshop Junior
11-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Waksupi
NO NO NO that could never work, it would have to be Bull-Star. Yea that sounds better!
BIC/BS
How about "bull star junior".
DANIEL/BS JR.

Hairtrigger
11-12-2005, 01:15 PM
How about

Lead is not just for pencils anymore

??

Four Fingers of Death
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
I haven't read all of the posts as its late and I have an early start tomorrow.

Boolits is us, that's all there is to it.

As for a logo:

"Cast Boolits-the Black Art!"

Keep up the good work.

Goatlips
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Dang, way too late for this new kid's offering:

"The Ultimate in Recycling"

Goatlips

montana_charlie
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Consider - The ORIGINAL Silver Bullet - if the question ever comes up again.
CM

JOE MACK
04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I like the second one with a little more color. I also want a dang mouse pad, coffee cup, and window decal.

JOE MACK

imashooter2
04-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I like the second one with a little more color. I also want a dang mouse pad, coffee cup, and window decal.

JOE MACK

You're in luck. Click the link to the online store at the top right corner of your screen.

Sailman
04-16-2006, 12:32 AM
I like the " We Pour Our Own "

Silman

Gunload Master
04-16-2006, 12:41 AM
I am going to Unstick this thread. You can click the store logo on the top of every page and get yourself some cool stuff. I think we did a good job for getting a great logo.

Bucks Owin
04-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I like the shiney boolits. They look like my own!
I also like the term "boolits" as I think it's sorta "trademark" for the forum.....

Dennis :Fire:

(Window decals would be cool...)