PDA

View Full Version : Might need some prayer

Boaz
07-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Becky is 17 , got her drivers license yesterday . You can pray for her but it's me that needs it . I'll be a nervous wreck every time she drives off till I get 'acclimated' to her new mobility . It's crazy out there ! lol

Pine Baron
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm still nervous and pray for my children's safety when they're out driving. My children are 36, 31 and 21. I always ask them to call/text me when they get to where they're going. It's kind of a running joke to them, NOT to me. With that being said:
Heavenly Father, please bring peace of mind to Boaz and be with Becky, keep her safe and focused. In Jesus name. Amen.

jcren
07-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Prayers sent. I have 2 girls that will be driving in a little over a year.

w5pv
07-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Prayers sent but stay with her and keep the bad habits at bay.

Hickok
07-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Heavenly Father, give your protection and care to Becky as she learns to drive. Grant her wisdom in decision making as she learns and progresses. Lay peace on her Dad Boaz, and give him confidence in Your ability to protect her. All for Your glory we pray, in Christ Jesus Name, amen

Preacher Jim
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
boaz brother i hate to be barrer of bad news. as the father of only child a daughter i will pray for you and becky. It gets harder with every flap of the wings.

buckwheatpaul
07-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Becky will be fine and you will be as well.....been there and done that with our girls.....you have taught her well and now let her soar, at a slow pace....remind her that she should never drive faster than her guardian angle can fly and she will be good to go....Paul

Blackwater
07-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Every parent and grandparent goes through this. I remember the first time my on went off on his own in his truck. I coudn't sleep a wink until he got home! Recently now, my eldest grandson got his license at 16, and now it's him I worry about! He's proven extremely reliable for a kid his age, but I can't help but worry about the crazies and drunks on the road who aren't. My son's best friend and the closest thing I've ever had to a 2nd son got killed within 200 yds. of our house as he turned in to go home, from studying at the library in our little college town. He and my son were both 21, my son being the older by 3 days. He was hit by a deputy that was going at a very high rate of speed and hit him squarely broadside at the driver's side door. The deputy who hit him was also a friend, a very good black deputy who subsequently quit law enforcement because of this wreck. His son Dion is still on the force here. Sometimes, accidents happen, and people make tiny mistakes or lose a calculated risk, and there's never been anything discovered yet that can assure of of life, as long as we breathe.

All any of us can do is turn the things we can't control over to the Lord, and just accept that He's in control, and not us. He didn't put us here just to titilate our every desire, but to test us, and let us confirm and display our faith and trust in Him. But these are definitely the hardest time parents and grandparents can ever go through. We have SO much invested in our young! But we still have no control over them. They'll always belong to God. He just entrusts their care to us for some years before they HAVE to get out on their own and prove their own selves, just as each of us has had to.

That won't take away your fears, of course. But at least it might help keep your perspective a bit???

shoot-n-lead
07-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Prayer sent...I know where you're coming from...I am there.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-08-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm still nervous and pray for my children's safety when they're out driving. My children are 36, 31 and 21. I always ask them to call/text me when they get to where they're going. It's kind of a running joke to them, NOT to me. With that being said:
Heavenly Father, please bring peace of mind to Boaz and be with Becky, keep her safe and focused. In Jesus name. Amen.
YEP...
I'm 51. My parents are a 3 hour drive (one way) from me, in Northern MN. My Mom almost always calls about 4 or 5 hours after I leave their place, to see that I made it home OK.

Prayin for ya Boaz...

Boaz
07-08-2016, 03:49 PM
YEP...
I'm 51. My parents are a 3 hour drive (one way) from me, in Northern MN. My Mom almost always calls about 4 or 5 hours after I leave their place, to see that I made it home OK.

Prayin for ya Boaz...

She loves you , you will never not be her child . It's a good deal . Thank you !

Boaz
07-09-2016, 02:54 PM
I thank you all .

country gent
07-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Im sure you taught her right and instilled saftey with her so while its hard She has to go out on her own and continue to learn and grow. It is hard to watch them grow up and become adults but its a part of becoming an adult. When my children started driving it was especially hard for me ( My wife was killed by a young driver who ran a stop sighn) but If you teach them well and teach them to pay attention to others and what they are doing it goes pretty well. And trust me this is just the start, driving, then comes the first date ( thats a real hard one to), The first boy friend, the first break up ( again nothing you say or do will seem to help) marriage, the first grandchild. And then it starts over with the grandkids LOL. Its a fun process to go thru and is a great time but is full of worries also.

Boaz
07-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Im sure you taught her right and instilled saftey with her so while its hard She has to go out on her own and continue to learn and grow. It is hard to watch them grow up and become adults but its a part of becoming an adult. When my children started driving it was especially hard for me ( My wife was killed by a young driver who ran a stop sighn) but If you teach them well and teach them to pay attention to others and what they are doing it goes pretty well. And trust me this is just the start, driving, then comes the first date ( thats a real hard one to), The first boy friend, the first break up ( again nothing you say or do will seem to help) marriage, the first grandchild. And then it starts over with the grandkids LOL. Its a fun process to go thru and is a great time but is full of worries also.

I'd say your pretty well spot on !

Blackwater
07-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Boaz, just kneel and thank the good Lord that you have a really great young daughter. Not everyone does, even those who've done their best to be good parents. We parents are just a part of the influence that our kids get these days, and lots of those other influences are very, very bad, and worse than they appear to our young at first. Becky's one you can really be proud of. She's fallible just like you and me, but it makes SO much difference if they're at least "good." And she sure is. You've done a wonderful job with her. Now comes the hard part where you have to entrust her to God. Good luck with that. I doubt any of us really does all that well with that kind of thing.

Best assurance I ever found was the promise that no matter what happens in fact, it'll all be to the greater Glory of God and all of us who trust him. But we'll always want to KNOW what we simply CANNOT know. And that's the hardest part. Keep the faith, pray, and love her. Just keep on keeping on doing what you've been doing. It all matters.

square butte
07-09-2016, 07:32 PM
The both of you will remain in my prayers

USMC87
07-10-2016, 08:50 AM
Prayers sent Charlie I'm in the same shoes with twin girls 15 years old who have their learners.

Boaz
07-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Prayers sent Charlie I'm in the same shoes with twin girls 15 years old who have their learners.

Wow ! You trumped me , 2 at a time ! I'll be praying for you . Sounds like my problem is not uncommon here perhaps we all need to pray on this one . We all love and try to shelter our children from harm . It's bad out there and getting worse but we must teach and they must learn . The journey of our lives will look like a cake walk compared to the world they will live in . They are going to need faith in GOD and skills to live it .

Blackwater
07-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Amen to that! And they need to be taken to church consistently, and to a good one that TEACHES, just like you said, and not one that tries to create converts by "fire and brimstone" scare techniques. Kids are naturally curious and have millions of questions. They generally respond to those they get answers to. With all the answers out there to the "bad" questions, it's imperative that we expose them to and give them the answers to the "good" ones! At least then they have a fighting chance in our "modern" world. And we need to spend our TIME with them when they're young, and laugh and play and have good times, so they'll know it's really not necessary to use alcohol, drugs and sex just to "have a good time." Too many adults today give WAY too much time to their work, and not enough to family and children. Good on y'all who spend time with your kids. It matters.