PDA

View Full Version : Old-style Dipper Pot Questions

montana_charlie
05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I have an interest in a melting pot once sold under the RCBS name.
It was called the Pro Melt, and was strictly a dipper pot.
I am wondering these things about that unit...

What was the alloy capacity?
Did it have an adjustable thermostat?
How much power (watts or amps) did it draw?

Does anybody have one, or knowledge enough to answer these musings?

CM

Pepe Ray
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi CM'
According to the 12th Ed. of the Handloaders Digest, Pg 290, the RCBS Pro Melt was a 10 Kilo (22 lb.) with a bottom pour valve. Temp control from 450 to 850 * Pot liner was stainless steel. Adjustable mould guide. On/Off switch w/indicator light. 800 watts 120 vac--- $226.00
240 vac---$242.oo
Pepe ray

HeavyMetal
05-22-2008, 01:52 AM
I think the current RCBS pro melt was originally made by another company RCBS "adopted". I seem to remember an ad for another pot ?

But I might be confused on this: suggest you keep checking the older Relaoding and shooting digests from the mid 60's usually they had a catalog section at the end and you might get lucky and spot some specks on it.

I would try the public library.

Bret4207
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Made by Ohio Thermal. One on Ebay now. Yes, I'll be bidding too....

montana_charlie
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi CM'
According to the 12th Ed. of the Handloaders Digest, Pg 290, the RCBS Pro Melt was a 10 Kilo (22 lb.) with a bottom pour valve.
You must have missed my mention of it being "strictly a dipper pot".

Made by Ohio Thermal. One on Ebay now. Yes, I'll be bidding too....
So...are you e***0, or t***a?

CM

Pepe Ray
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
No, I didn't miss it. I've misread things before and make a concerted effort to not make that error again.
I included all the facts at my disposal on the chance that you may have been misinformed and further evidence would be valuable. I apologize for the presumption. It won't happen again.
Pepe Ray

montana_charlie
05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
No, I didn't miss it. I've misread things before and make a concerted effort to not make that error again.
I included all the facts at my disposal on the chance that you may have been misinformed and further evidence would be valuable. I apologize for the presumption. It won't happen again.
Pepe Ray
As you wish...

CM