PDA

View Full Version : Post office adventure

abunaitoo
07-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Went to the post office to drop off a box for a member here.
Parking lot is kind of small. About 25 stalls.
All the stalls were filled. Lucky a car was pulling out just in front of me.
As I was walking in, a soldier was walking by. She looked like she was packing a box to ship.
Cute as a button. Probably a 4"10" tall, not more than #90.
As I walked by I said hi. She smiled and said hi.
I went into the counter and there were less than three people in there.
I wondered where all the people parked in the lot went.
When I finished, I walked to the PO box area. Empty. Not one person there.
As I walked out, I passed the cute soldier and said bye. She smiled and said bye.
As I was driving away, the lot was still full, I wondered where all the people who parked in the post office lot were.
Also how that cute tiny girl made it through basic.

SSGOldfart
07-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Maybe you should have asked her MOS? Zzz
Our post office is across from the bank so I know why there five spaces are full. Good luck with the post office,I don't go unless I have to.

OS OK
07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
You described our little PO here in Greenwood...could be they mailed themselves somewhere more desirable. Did you look into the drop box...'out of town mail'?

PaulG67
07-05-2016, 08:50 PM
The entire parking lot at our post office consists of exactly one space, and it's a handicapped space. All other parking is on the street, it is a small street right off the main road and the PO is located right at a 90 degree corner of said street. Very dangerous especially in the winter as it is on a hill.

rancher1913
07-05-2016, 09:01 PM
ours is always full of somali refugees trying to get there benifits from the gov. pisses me off everytime I go in there.

abunaitoo
07-05-2016, 09:51 PM
The drop box for packages is inside the building, so I have to go inside anyway.
Had to cash a money order too.
I always hear MOS. I know it means what they do, but what does it stand for?????

Nueces
07-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Military Occupational Specialty

DLCTEX
07-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Our post office has about eight spaces including handicap but there are so many Chuck holes as to make them dangerous. It is owned by a Chicago lawyer and he does nothing until they get postmaster on it. I have done work on the building in the past but quit due to taking months to get paid.

waksupi
07-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Our PO can park maybe a dozen vehicles. Our post mistress is a National Guard member. She is also quite voluptuous. I find myself stopping by for unneeded individual stamps. She is enjoyable to see.

44man
07-06-2016, 01:34 PM
To be so nice to any soldier makes you have a place in my heart. Little girl was tough. My daughters were Marines. I was army. Never, ever regretted.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-06-2016, 02:21 PM
The Post office in my town is a joy to visit. Rarely crowded and the clerks are friendly and on a first name basis with most everyone. They always make jokingly comments about heavy small flat rate boxes...I rarely ship any ingots, so they are not that heavy. Parking lot has 2 handicap spots, 3 non-employee spots, about a dozen spots for employees and mail jeeps, and about 5 diagonal spots on the street...and rarely ever completely filled.

Skunk1
07-06-2016, 04:17 PM
My PO is open 4 hrs a day and 1 hr on Saturday. 2 parking stalls and 1 is handicap. Usually use the big PO in town and the lady behind the desk is so much more polite than ours and she knows who I am already when I walk in.

mold maker
07-06-2016, 05:21 PM
I bet all those cars appeared within 10 min. and will leave the same. Our lot is a meeting place for drivers that carpool or catch a tour bus. If it weren't for all the curbs and trees, the lot would equal a football field, but it's cut up in tiny areas with VW size spaces, alleys, and sidewalks.
The PO folks are extra helpful especially if you didn't remember to buy stamps.

DerekP Houston
07-06-2016, 06:20 PM
I guess that is one upside to living in a large city. I am fortunate to have a good post office nearby, and a few "decent" ones that I don't mind using for USPS MO or grabbing a stamped envelope occasionally. The parking space is limited at most I see though, and yes a lot of car pool people could use lots that aren't really designed for that purpose. The only real hang up is when I needed our passports redone, but it was fairly non-eventful with just some waiting around.