PDA

View Full Version : Lost our Scottie today

shaper
07-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Our 14 year old Scottie was acting strange this morning. I got her in they car and headed for the Vet. About half way there I had my hand on her back when she had a heart attack. The Vet confirmed she had passed. Treacle was not a pet but a member of the family. When she was outside no furry critter was safe. She would challenge the coyotes at night and keep our doors guarded from strangers. Words can not say how much she will be missed. My wife was born in Dundee Scotland ands is proud of her heritage. Treacle was her dog and she is having a hard time with this.
By the way, Treacle is a condiment that is put on toast in the morning. It is very black and very sweet. It fits her.

RED BEAR
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM
my heart goes out to you i could not imagine losing one of my boys.

DCP
07-05-2016, 05:51 PM
It so hard to loose a member of the family. Dogs are truly a gift from GOD

Clay M
07-05-2016, 07:40 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.
Our pets are definitely family.

Ken in Iowa
07-05-2016, 08:00 PM
I know how you feel. :-(

Life is better with dogs...

OS OK
07-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Shaper...I wish I had some magical words that would erase the pain and make things ok but I can't. I share your pain in reading your post.
These critters leave a hole in the heart that is only filled with unconditional love...we know the source of that, It comes in furry packages that God sends directly to you. There will be others to salve the soul...but, there will never be another Treacle.

charlie

9w1911
07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Blackwater
07-05-2016, 09:22 PM
DAng, Shaper! I really hate to hear that! I feel for you and your family's loss. There's a reason dog is God spelled backwards. Nothing shows the kind of love God has for us as closely as our good dogs. It's a humbling thing to have a good one, and an awful thing to lose them. You're in my prayers.

lightman
07-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Sorry for your loss. Its tough to loose a beloved pet.

44man
07-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Very painful and I am so sorry.
Carol told me yesterday my little one is 9 years old. It seems like only a few days since I held her in my palm.

jaydub in wi
07-06-2016, 11:11 AM
So sorry for your loss. It's very tough to lose a family member. May the Lord comfort your family in these difficult times

44man
07-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Comfort is not everywhere, I sit and cry everyday at this machine for all of you and your pets. Does it really help? We just depend on the Lord but he never answers me. Pain is still there. But I will not give up, prayers for all of you will never stop. God bless everyone. God bless your little friend.
Sorry, I am out of it right now.

Lloyd Smale
07-07-2016, 07:18 AM
I know exactly what your feeling. Mine died 10 days ago and I still cant look at a picture or have a memory in my mind without tearing up. I'm not even going to try to find words to make you feel better because there is NONE. Its like part of me died with him. I'm sure time will heal but its taking its jolly old time happening. I will say a prayer that you and your family find the strength I haven't.

Hickok
07-07-2016, 09:09 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

44man
07-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I lost 2 Peekapoms from inbreeding, both had strokes. I got rough sawn, planed it to make caskets for them. I cut grass around where they are and tell them "sorry girls." My heart still breaks. To screw the lids on my girls was the most painful thing ever. I could not put them in dirt alone.
i don't have the strength either.

Ithaca Gunner
07-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Far too short are the lives of dogs, possibly the good Lord made them short so we could enjoy the company of more dogs. That's the way I've come to see it. I've enjoyed so many in my life and shed tears for each one gone, but smiled and thanked God for each one he brought into my life.

https://youtu.be/tWWgU7zjswM

white eagle
07-07-2016, 11:52 AM
they are not just "pets" as some say
members of the family for sure
so sorry for your loss hope you heal soon

Gaseous Maximus
07-07-2016, 11:01 PM
That is really sad. Believe me, have been there and know how it hurts.

Lloyd Smale
07-08-2016, 07:02 AM
I doubt more tears would have been shed if it would have been one of my kids. In my heart he WAS my son. Biggest difference is like my mother said. He didn't give me near the problems my kids have. He just gave love.
they are not just "pets" as some say
members of the family for sure
so sorry for your loss hope you heal soon

HABCAN
07-08-2016, 01:15 PM
As I said earlier to LLoyd, keep faith that you will be reunited at Rainbow Bridge as God had promised us, we who have had those Special Friends go on before us. This pain is not forever, knowing that memory will hearten us until the Day.

buckwheatpaul
07-08-2016, 03:27 PM
shaper I cant tell you how sorry I am for you and your bride. Dogs are family for most of us and I am not far from your position....my 14 year old schnauzer has cancer and I always say that she is graded as U.S.D.A. Choice Useless .... but she is mine as Treacle was your wife's and yours.....you will both be in my prayers and Treacle is at the Rainbow Bridge waiting on you. May God bless you all and watch over Treacle.

Lloyd Smale
07-08-2016, 04:21 PM
I thank you very much for that rainbow bridge post. My wife is having a picture of him framed with the rainbow ridge thing below him.

HABCAN
07-08-2016, 04:53 PM
You are oh! so very welcome!!

HABCAN
07-08-2016, 05:09 PM
......some here do not know of this 'Rainbow Bridge' we keep referring to, here's a copy:

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Images/Gate_pics/RB_Poem_Gate.jpg
RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....Author unknown...