PDA

View Full Version : first casting session in a while

nagantguy
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
with work and crops and garden and chicks hatching and getting my shooting academy up and running I haven't had a good casting session in a while, we'll today I sat at the work station with plans to use several molds for boolits I'm running low on but in the process of breaking in my new 6 cavity 452 rn mold it was dropping such pretty boolits and going so smoothly that no other mold was used today, but I've got a season of idpa boolits cast, this is only the second 6 banger mold I've owned , wow I'll be upgrading the entire pistol revolver lever gun inventory to these, you sure can make a whole pile quick, when I took my first break to get the other pot fired up.to.melt some range lead and picked through with a fine tooth comb any cull to go back I to the pot I had 440 first rate boolits, I'd say these 2500 or so there now. just a guess by weight. tomorrow will be fodder for the 38s and 357s my girls seem to use up like kleenex, large ziploc bags full don't quench the need, definitely a 6 holes or two in the works for those.

murf205
07-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Is that a Lee mold? I like a pile of boolits when I cast too.

nagantguy
07-05-2016, 03:07 PM
yes sir it's a new lee, I purposely left that out to further my post count when the question came up, or I just forgot. the only trouble was the first cavity, it dropped wrinkled boolits unless I filled it first, so I filled it first and problem solved, so glad I got that little piece of iron j channel to rest the mold on, makes it a lot simpler on the wrists! I cast in one 3 hoir session what it would take me days to do with my 2 holer. and I don't feel as though I'm settling for lower quality boolits, they are nice and round with sharp bands and good bases, the few I miced were all at .4522 sized to 452 after powder coating and they will be good.to go!