PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Sale at NOE

Leadmelter
07-01-2016, 08:17 PM
NOE is having its annual 4th of July sale. 20% off all molds.
Just a FYI
Leadmelter
MI

GRUMPA
07-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Ole Al is bound and determined to get me in the 1K club. Already have a couple of things in the cart, but keep in mind that 20% off is for in stock items.

TXGunNut
07-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Don't fight it Grumpa, 1K club is a good thing. Guess I better check my e-mails, didn't know Al was having a sale.

dragon813gt
07-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Ole Al is bound and determined to get me in the 1K club. Already have a couple of things in the cart, but keep in mind that 20% off is for in stock items.

Being in the club means extra sales just for members. I like being in the club. I guess I should look at the site and buy now before people clean him out. That's what happens on Black Friday. I may have helped contribute to that :)

GRUMPA
07-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Being in the club means extra sales just for members. I like being in the club. I guess I should look at the site and buy now before people clean him out. That's what happens on Black Friday. I may have helped contribute to that :)

I don't know how to look at it, if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Since I went to using NOE moulds I've never considered anything or anyone elses moulds. Let's face it.....NOE moulds produce jewelry and the size and mould halves are perfect.

GSaltzman
07-01-2016, 09:08 PM
This could put me in the 2k club.

dragon813gt
07-01-2016, 10:12 PM
I knew I should have just deleted the email and not gone onto the site. He got me for another mold and some bushing sizers to round out my set.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Looks like NOE has another design in 6.5 (270-469).
I guess I'll order it :)

reddog81
07-02-2016, 01:36 AM
I got my order in shortly after the email went out. I've been wanting to try out some hollow point molds so I figured now was the right time to buy.

XDROB
07-02-2016, 01:52 AM
Ok, I give up. Who or what is NOE?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jcren
07-02-2016, 02:12 AM
noebulletmolds.com. frequently runs group buys here. Superb molds for the money.

GaryN
07-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Night Owl Enterprises in Provo, Ut. They make excellent molds and have excellent service. Try one. You will love it.

http://www.noebulletmoulds.com/NV/

Rebel Dave
07-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Just tried to order a mold, Didn't work for me. Is their something special you have to do, to get the discount,??.

Rebel Dave

dragon813gt
07-02-2016, 06:10 AM
Just tried to order a mold, Didn't work for me. Is their something special you have to do, to get the discount,??.

Rebel Dave

Go to regular checkout, not Paypal checkout, and then enter the code in the correct box. It's straight forward.

RogerDat
07-02-2016, 06:26 AM
Not sure if you have the discount code if you did not get the email. Is it available someplace on the site?
Heck if nothing else some gas checks at 20% off is pretty nice. Especially considering the price is good even without the sale.

I find that NOE molds offer a good value for a great mold. Especially like the combo of plain base and gas check in same mold. Four cavity with 2 of each is about perfect for my bolt action rifle needs. Some gas check for full power, some plain base for plinking rounds one mold.... Is good! Four cavity pistol is productive without being excessively heavy even though the aluminum Al uses is a whole lot denser than the Lee aluminum.

William Yanda
07-02-2016, 06:44 AM
"even though the aluminum Al uses is a whole lot denser than the Lee aluminum."

What universe does Al get this special aluminum from? Is it possible that the apparent heaviness compared to Lee molds is from the shape and size of the blocks? It has been a long time since Chemistry class but as I recall, density is a physical property all aluminum holds in common. I suspect there is minimal difference in the density even between aluminum alloys since aluminum is such a major constituent.
I ask in the search for truth, no name calling, just honest inquiry.
Bill

ShooterAZ
07-02-2016, 08:10 AM
For the life of me I don't understand Al's business strategy. I have been eyeing a few molds for a while now, they are never in stock even after more than a year. Why even bother listing them? Don't get me wrong, I love his products but struggle to understand why I can't get the molds I want from him.

Bodean98
07-02-2016, 09:03 AM
I was looking to buy some 30 cal. checks but I am unable to find them listed. Are they not available or am I just looking in the wrong area?

GRUMPA
07-02-2016, 09:26 AM
His site is set up to not show an item when they're gone. I just went and checked and those 30cal checks aren't on the list so he must be out. If I were you I would email him and ask if you can order them at the sale price, he's kinda flexible that way...

GRUMPA
07-02-2016, 09:29 AM
For the life of me I don't understand Al's business strategy. I have been eyeing a few molds for a while now, they are never in stock even after more than a year. Why even bother listing them? Don't get me wrong, I love his products but struggle to understand why I can't get the molds I want from him.

More than likely he'll wait until there's enough demand for that particular mould before he even sets up the machine. He has the program and tooling for it if it's listed but those onezies twozies orders take more time to set up than they're worth to produce.

MrWolf
07-02-2016, 09:52 AM
You are killing me Al. Can I get a special divorce discount to use when mine is finalized hopefully by year end? This not being able to stock up is really wearing me down [smilie=b:

Bodean98
07-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks Grumpa!
I was unaware of that. I'll ask him in an e-mail about them.

Beagle333
07-02-2016, 10:39 AM
MrWolf... there are always the Black Friday and Christmas sales. :-) Save up!

MarkP
07-02-2016, 10:53 AM
"even though the aluminum Al uses is a whole lot denser than the Lee aluminum."

What universe does Al get this special aluminum from? Is it possible that the apparent heaviness compared to Lee molds is from the shape and size of the blocks? It has been a long time since Chemistry class but as I recall, density is a physical property all aluminum holds in common. I suspect there is minimal difference in the density even between aluminum alloys since aluminum is such a major constituent.
I ask in the search for truth, no name calling, just honest inquiry.
Bill

It is the volume; NOE starts with a large block, the newer Lee molds have what looks to be a Tee shaped extrusion.

osteodoc08
07-02-2016, 12:34 PM
The problem is I've bought all the molds that I've wanted so far, may have to venture and find something else. Maybe start casting for my quarter bores

Found a 460-325 RG4 and a 460-315 that seems to be missing from my collection. Gotta love 20% off.

RogerDat
07-02-2016, 02:49 PM
It is the volume; NOE starts with a large block, the newer Lee molds have what looks to be a Tee shaped extrusion.

Yes Lee is missing some metal at the bottom where NOE has a full block under the groove the handle attaches in. The Lee seems like it is a somewhat softer alloy. As this list shows there is some variation in weight to volume for different aluminum alloys.

http://myaisb.tripod.com/densities.htm

Lee makes a decent mold at a very good price point, NOE makes a better mold at a good price point for how high quality the molds are.

dragon813gt
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM

This is why he has the forum. Start a post about an Inventory Run for a mold you want. When others chime in they want one he will run it. The inventory runs have a low number to get them run. I think it only takes five people. New designs take ten. I've been able to get molds made both ways.

The aluminium that NOE uses is a different type than Lee uses. There are many different types and they are not all created equal.

DerekP Houston
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Sighhhhhh you guys are the best enablers. off to browse the sales now.

You are killing me Al. Can I get a special divorce discount to use when mine is finalized hopefully by year end? This not being able to stock up is really wearing me down

Can us still married folks get in on this before we get the boot too?

Bohica793
07-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Of course, I bought my latest mold from Al a week before they all go on sale. Such timing I have.

DerekP Houston
07-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Of course, I bought my latest mold from Al a week before they all go on sale. Such timing I have.

well yeah, but now you've seen how a good mold casts...just order another you are in good company here.

Scharfschuetze
07-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Just ordered the 215 grain .325" 5 cavity mould for my Mauser.

JMax
07-02-2016, 07:39 PM
I made my contribution yesterday. Al uses a harder Al alloy.

leebuilder
07-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Ordered one yesterday about 10 minutes after I got the email. Can't wait to try it. 314 198gr. Could not find the place for the discount code. Know now. Arg. Every bit helps with the exchange rate. Oh well. Still a happy caster.
Great moulds, great service.
Be well.

Paper Puncher
07-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Leadmelter thanks for the FYI. I didn't get the email. A quick trip to Al's forum and a pm got me a discount code. Well I am a little poorer but my first NOE mold will be on it's way soon. You guys are such great enablers. :smile:

shooter bob
07-02-2016, 09:26 PM
He must be busy i pm him over at noe didnt get the email yet. But it is getting late and iam sure he needs some time for him and his family. Bob

DerekP Houston
07-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Leadmelter thanks for the FYI. I didn't get the email. A quick trip to Al's forum and a pm got me a discount code. Well I am a little poorer but my first NOE mold will be on it's way soon. You guys are such great enablers. :smile:

What do you mean I missed a discount code.....

shooter bob
07-02-2016, 09:44 PM
I think so i think there is a 20% discount code i didnt get the email.Over at noe it says to pm swede and he will email it to you.But i didnt do it till after 9pm eastern hoping i get it soon.

DerekP Houston
07-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I think so i think there is a 20% discount code i didnt get the email.Over at noe it says to pm swede and he will email it to you.But i didnt do it till after 9pm eastern hoping i get it soon.

lmao serves me right for being an impulse shopper. ain't like I won't be back for another....

Beagle333
07-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Just placed my order. And only three days ago I announced around here (my house) that I have all the molds I need. LOL
Well, I found another one!!! ;)

dragon813gt
07-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Just placed my order. And only three days ago I announced around here (my house) that I have all the molds I need. LOL
Well, I found another one!!! ;)

I said the same thing. Then I bought a 357 Sig barrel and realized I "might" not have a mold that will work. The one I just bought "might" work. If not I guess I will have to buy another ;)

Got the notice that the package shipped today :)

shooter bob
07-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Just got my email discount code and promptly ordered the 360-172 swc rg4 pb.Very impressed with the how fast they got back to me about 25 min. Now have to tell the wife what i have done .O well she is at the Kenny chesney concert i think thats fair.Dont think i spelled the last name rite. Bob

maxreloader
07-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Is there a generic discount 20% off code or is each code specific to the request?

dragon813gt
07-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Is there a generic discount 20% off code or is each code specific to the request?

I don't know this time around. In the past it's been the same code for everyone. The code was longer and more random for this one.

Scharfschuetze
07-02-2016, 11:31 PM
The code was in the E-mail from NOE. Of course that doesn't help if you are not on his list.

I was going to post my code, but apparently it is random for each customer.

Echd
07-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Great deal, I just wish the stuff I wanted was in stock more often. I like unusual designs, but they're rarely in stock and often I can find an original or other make of the mold I want before a run or rerun is completed.

Love my new bushing size die!

GWM
07-03-2016, 04:46 AM
I too have more than enough molds. I ordered the 358-124-TC GC. Well I didn't have one of those.

Bohica793
07-03-2016, 08:32 AM
well yeah, but now you've seen how a good mold casts...just order another you are in good company here.
Already had half a dozen of Al's quality molds before this one. I have been singing his praises for years.

maxreloader
07-03-2016, 08:35 AM
As far as marketing goes... if Al is looking to tell where his business is coming from, he could generate a Cast Boolits-only code and post it in a thread here. I guarantee it would attract more business from our members. The email is great but unless you are not on the list, then you are SOL. It's sad because I have ordered from Al 4 or 5 times in the last few years and yet I am not on any NOE email lists. If I had the code I would order but I'm not going to chase a code.

DerekP Houston
07-03-2016, 08:58 AM
As far as marketing goes... if Al is looking to tell where his business is coming from, he could generate a Cast Boolits-only code and post it in a thread here. I guarantee it would attract more business from our members. The email is great but unless you are not on the list, then you are SOL. It's sad because I have ordered from Al 4 or 5 times in the last few years and yet I am not on any NOE email lists. If I had the code I would order but I'm not going to chase a code.

I was not aware of said list and yeah, I've seen his praises and spoken highly of him on here too. It is a shame but oh well. Next time I'll ask ahead of time but nothing detracts from the quality of the mold I received or his customer service in other threads (not related to me). Thanks for the heads up though guys.

Turns out I *was* on the mailing list, but like so much other spam I completely ignored it and it went to the junk pile. Live and learn, no hard feelings.

SwedeNelson
07-03-2016, 10:07 AM
OK - lets give it a try!
Here is a discount code just for CastBoolits
CB16gun1

Good for 20% off any stock item in our web-store
Good through 7/8/16
Lets see what it will do!

Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

rintinglen
07-03-2016, 10:08 AM
I had to spring for a 314-89 WC 5 cavity. Al makes more good stuff every time I turn around. I have to quite turning--it's getting expensive.

DerekP Houston
07-03-2016, 10:09 AM
OK - lets give it a try!
CB16gun1

Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

LMAO enabling at its finest....thank you sir for a stand up offer. I will revisit the instock items again. Any particularly new and exciting molds for the 380acp? Ive got the RN 92gr version from you already and the similar for 40 cal both have performed outstanding.

osteodoc08
07-03-2016, 10:44 AM
If I'm correct this 20% code is not just for molds, but everything in stock!

GRUMPA
07-03-2016, 10:45 AM

That's correct..

DerekP Houston
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM

well ******...that seals it. Now to see if they have the 38 S&W expander for use in 9mm dies for cast. Yall hurt my bank account some days but it's my own fault

shooter bob
07-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Thank you Swede Nelson.You sent me the code yesterday and it was after business hours in about 20 min.That is outstanding on a holiday weekend.That is how you get return customers.I have only ordered lube in the past but yesterday ordered a mold.And from what i read here at C/B i know with no doubt it will be an outstanding boolit maker.Thanks so very much for running such a great company. And also passing such great savings to your fellow C/B members. . Hope You and yours have a safe and happy 4th. Bob

Paul_R
07-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Got me some gas checks, thanks Al!

Valley-Shooter
07-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the discount.
I just ordered a 358-155-TC 4 cavity PB Brass (ELCO).

I've been wanting that mold for awhile.

:p

maxreloader
07-03-2016, 07:14 PM
I need one of these: H&G #34 (http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=41_159&products_id=323)

dragon813gt
07-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the second code. Forgot all about needing a 300BLK subsonic mold :beer:

Beagle333
07-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh my! A second code!!!! Aiiiigghh! I can't resist! I gotta shop!!! :roll:

wddodge
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
OK - lets give it a try!
CB16gun1

Good through 7/8/16
Lets see what it will do!

Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

Thank you Sir. You just got my first order with this post.

Denny

TXGunNut
07-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Been holding off to order a mould for my Rossi R92 because I had an old stash of store-bought cast boolits stashed around here. Somehow overlooked Al's e-mail but thanks to a few enablers around here I'll have a mould waiting for when (if) I run thru that stash.

Budzilla 19
07-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Dang it!! There goes my NEXT paycheck allowance!! Guess I gotta have a HP mold for .45 ACP now! AND a .358 HP mold of SOME kind!! (truck parts might have to wait for now,lol)! Al, a business man indeed!!! Thanks for the discount code.

Well, that didn't take long to satisfy the urge!! LOL One .45 cal. 230 grn HP (large) on it's way now!! Closest thing to the old "Flying Ashtray" I have found. Thanks, NOE!!!

SwedeNelson
07-07-2016, 08:16 AM
We have a gun give-away going now too
Check it out if you haven't already
http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php?topic=1601.0

Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

LAH
07-07-2016, 08:29 PM
I need one of these: H&G #34 (http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=41_159&products_id=323)

Pretty good boolit there.

HiVelocity
07-07-2016, 08:35 PM
+1 on the 1K club.............it works.

HV

DerekP Houston
07-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Dang it!! There goes my NEXT paycheck allowance!! Guess I gotta have a HP mold for .45 ACP now! AND a .358 HP mold of SOME kind!! (truck parts might have to wait for now,lol)! Al, a business man indeed!!! Thanks for the discount code.

Well, that didn't take long to satisfy the urge!! LOL One .45 cal. 230 grn HP (large) on it's way now!! Closest thing to the old "Flying Ashtray" I have found. Thanks, NOE!!!

You need at *least* 10 molds in .358 varieties ;). That's what they taught me here first :D.

PoisonIvyMagnet
07-07-2016, 11:10 PM
My new 460-405 RF mold, handles, and push through sizing die setup came today! Gonna be tough waiting until this weekend to do a little casting. Thank-you NOE for making fine tools!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

winelover
07-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Go to regular checkout, not Paypal checkout, and then enter the code in the correct box. It's straight forward.

I tried checking out, both ways........no box to be found to enter code. Sent an e-mail through his site and still haven't heard back from Al. Told him what I wanted and asked to be sent a Pay-pal invoice, reflecting the discount......still waiting.....been a couple of days.

Winelover

SwedeNelson
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Winelover

Got well over 200 e-mails last night - buried!
Give me a phone call and will get your order in
801 377-7289

Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

Beagle333
07-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Thank goodness it's the last day. I woke up this morning and ordered another one! :mrgreen::roll:

DerekP Houston
07-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Thank goodness it's the last day. I woke up this morning and ordered another one! :mrgreen::roll:

Thank goodness! I got tied up with work and forgot to order, I needed this like a kick in the pants.

LAH
07-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I ordered, no problem, mould is here. [smilie=w:

Rebel Dave
07-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I received mine yesterday, a black powder .44/40 mold, can't wait to use it. Fast shipping.

Rebel Dave

Loudy13
07-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Just heated my new molds for the first time last night and ordered some GC's today had to get in on the discount. Couple more seasoning sessions and I will be dropping bullets!!

Thanks Al

GWM
07-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Just had to order a couple more before the sale closes...

Victor N TN
07-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Looks like I got ANOTHER 45-70 mold on the way. Does he use mind control...? My wife says I need a mind first to control.

labradigger1
07-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Ok, I may be to dumb to order from Al again. How do I add items to my cart? There is no add to cart tab

dragon813gt
07-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Ok, I may be to dumb to order from Al again. How do I add items to my cart? There is no add to cart tab

Then that mold is out of stock. His site shows the number he has. If it's zero there will be no add to cart button.

I tried checking out, both ways........no box to be found to enter code. Sent an e-mail through his site and still haven't heard back from Al. Told him what I wanted and asked to be sent a Pay-pal invoice, reflecting the discount......still waiting.....been a couple of days.

Winelover

The box is 100% there. It's on the Payment Information screen. Big bold letters that say "Discount Code" directly above the "Add Comment" section, which is the last thing on the page.