PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my first wheel weights

Jimlakeside
05-20-2008, 09:14 AM
I have not learned to cast yet, but I have been reading this forum for weeks now. I stopped by my local tire shop and he gave me between 40 and 50 lbs of wheel weights. I got them home without my wife seeing them!!! When I told her that I wanted to start casting boolits, she just said "Oh Lord!" I'll just blame it on you guys!!! LOL

My wife and I shoot IDPA and practice a lot, so we could really use cheaper boolits. Thanks ofr the great forum and all of you who are willing to share information with us new comers.

Jim

Sig shooter
05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
When I told her that I wanted to start casting boolits, she just said "Oh Lord!" I'll just blame it on you guys!!! LOL

Thanks buddy , you'll fit in here nicely .

Vly
05-20-2008, 09:53 AM
My wife and I shoot IDPA and practice a lot, .....

Jim

I see 6 cavity moulds in your future. :)

jleneave
05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I wish that I could get my wife into shooting like that, at least I thing I do. Wait a sec.... that would be just another person shooting up all my ammo I have stockpiled. Ok, maybe not. Anyway, welcome to the site. There is a wealth of info here and all the guys are more than willing to help a fellow out.

454PB
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jim.

Perhaps you haven't been married very long. Don't worry, your wife will get used to the weird smells, and since she likes to shoot, she may even have some interest in casting her own.

If not, she might be happy to just get you out of the house once in a while.

I've been doing this so long that my wife just accepts it as part of my personality, and she's glad I go away and leave her alone for a while. Since I retired, she likes having some space to herself.

runfiverun
05-20-2008, 06:08 PM
my wife will help cast but there is no way she will smelt the ww's...