PDA

View Full Version : hi all i will be able to post agien

BOOM BOOM
05-20-2008, 12:40 AM
HI,
As you know I nave been unable the post for about 9 mo. as I was locked out by the reactionary public school system computer filters.
School will be out in about 3wks. Yeah.
Found a moment on a none school computer.
So just wanted to say HI to all my old friends here.
Really missed you guys.

Was wondering if dep. Al ever did any work on those 7MM Mag loads?

Was also wondering if anyone was able to do the experiment on the case length shorting myth with a datum line measuring device?
As opposed to my old experiment using just overall case length measure. It was the best I could do with the tools I have. I think I was able to shed some light on the "MYTH" but my experiment was not definitive.

NVcurmudgeon
05-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Welcome back Boom Boom. My personal share of the rimless case shortening question continues, but very slowly. To condense: .35 Whelen cases partial full-length sized begin to shorten to the misfire point at about ten firings. Cases sized in a true neck sizing die so far have given twenty plus firings with no trouble. The above is with a load of 20.0 X 2400 and NEI 220358 boolit, at 1700 fps.

9.3X62AL
05-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Boom Boom--

I loaded the boolits for the guy, he hasn't been shooting since I did so. Some nonsense about work, new assignment, place at the river needing work. Very poor prioritization, in my view--but some consider me harsh and opinionated.

scrapcan
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Boom Boom, welcome back. I too have been off on other tangents and have not gotten to shoot the rifles as much as I would like. I did get a chance to mount a different scope on the 7mm-06 but have not gotten a chance to wring it out.

The case shortening question will be interesting to read about.

BOOM BOOM
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
HI ALL,
WELL GOT TO GO SHOOTING FINALLY!
EVEN SCROUNGED RANGE BRASS HAPPINESS!
GOOD GOSH .22'S ARE $7.00 /100 HERE. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!
WAS SURE HOPING SOMEONE WITH A -CONSISTENT -WAY TO MEASURE THE THE CASE LENGTH FROM THE DATUM LINE HAD CONTINUED MY OLD EXPERIMENT .
AS MINE WAS NOT TRULY DEFINITIVE ( EVEN THOUGH I HAD A LARGE SAMPLE SIZE) AS ALL I COULD DO WAS A CONSISTENT OVERALL CASE LENGTH MEASUREMENT.
AM PROBIBLY GOING TO GET A RASSMUSSON IND. PISTOL BULLET TRAP TODAY TO SOLVE THE Pb SHORTAGE PROBLEM.

scrapcan
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
BoomBoom,

Is that a currently made trap or an older one that you found? Do you have a link or sales info if it is new?

BOOM BOOM
06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
HI ALL,
1. In the 1000's of cast squib, midrange, & 100's of full house loads I have shot I have never had case length shortening to the point of a misfire. some of the squib cases I know I have shot way more than 10 times.
2.This is why I did the "CASE LENGTH SHORTENING MYTH OR REALITY?" experiment.
3. AL all I can say is BOAT PEOPLE! CHEECH!
4. The bullet trap is the prototype of a pistol trap that I bought all the raw material & did some minor grunt labor on to help w/ the cost. I came up w/ the 1st design which was improved on a lot by the fabricator who runs a small 1 man shop,here in Ut. Rassmusson cut the wt. in1/2, cut raw material costs,improved angles, strengthened it , & made it portable.
IT CAN BE MOVED LIKE A VERY STEADY WHEEL BARROW. OPENING IS ABOUT 15" X 15".
5. 35 Whelen nice ! Oh how I wish I had one!
6. 7mm/08 nice! Oh how I wish I had one!
Both are about perfect for cast.

BOOM BOOM
06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi,
Just Posted 1st Test Of New Bullet Trap & A Brief Description On The Old Bullet Trap Tread In The Stickies. Of Classics & Stickies. Will Post There The Rest Of The Story For Those Who Are Interested.