PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Customer service

chaos
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I purchased a lyman lubracator/ sizer model 4500 within the last month. Bumped into it on my loading bench this past weekend ansd the *%*^*(^&* handle snapped off of the thing. I e-mailed Lyamn about the it and they agreed to send me a replacement part for free, which I thought was MIGHTY fine of them.

Is this a common problem with this model, the piece in question looks to be made of pot metal.

Should I have stayed with a RCBS model like my sheep loving friend Carpetman suggested? :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Jack Stanley
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
It was very nice indeed of them to send you the part , from what I've experienced them in the past ......... I didn't think they had a customer service department .

Staying with RCBS would have been a good thing . They few times I needed help they had people to do just that . :-D

Jack

Lead melter
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Lyman is a four-letter word to me. Read my posts on 314299 problems and the three month wait for service [or should I say I was serviced...like a cow gets serviced] and you'll see why anything looks good except Lyman.

Matter of fact, I have a couple Lyman sizers and top punches I'm going to donate auction when I can dig them out of the mess in my outbuilding.

warf73
05-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Same with me and there service or lack there of it.
Was the problem fixed sure it was at the cost of a new mold and handles on my part, they did pay for shipping.

I'll never send them anything of mine again.

Warf

gasboffer
05-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I called Lyman when the thermostat went out in a Lyman melting pot. Lady told me they could sell me a new pot, but the thermostat was not available. I may be getting senile, but I don't think I'll get bad enough to buy any more Lyman products!
Clyde

NVcurmudgeon
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I called Lyman when the thermostat went out in a Lyman melting pot. Lady told me they could sell me a new pot, but the thermostat was not available. I may be getting senile, but I don't think I'll get bad enough to buy any more Lyman products!
Clyde

I've had nothing but good from Lyman. About thirty years ago I sent a letter pricing a thermostat for a Lyman furnace, and received a termostat quickly, with a hand written "no charge" note. About fifteen years ago, I sent in a leaky 450 for repair. They sent me a new one free. Just last week I ordered sme small parts, and realized the next day that I had forgotten to order one item. I phoned them again the next morning, and the nice lady said, "I remember you. We can just add it to the same package so you won't have to pay double shipping." Try that at some prominent mail order houses. Hah!