PDA

View Full Version : Denver CO

76 WARLOCK
06-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Are there any Cast shooters in the Denver area that can shoot on week days?

tja6435
06-23-2016, 03:37 PM
I almost never shoot on the weekends around here, way too many people at the shooting ranges. Where are you wanting to go shooting? I can probably meet up next week one day

swamp
06-23-2016, 06:15 PM
I am usually free. What range did you have in mind?
swamp

runfiverun
06-23-2016, 08:06 PM
hang on a bit, we got a couple more members from the Front Range that might interested.

C.F.Plinker
06-23-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm on the east side of town. Are you planning on shooting rifle or pistol or both? Where would we be shooting and what would be the cost, if any, for using the facilities?

Right now I try to get out at least once a week but the day and time seem to vary quite a bit from week to week. For me, Wednesday or Friday from mid-morning to afternoon if we are shooting indoors and earlier (before the heat sets in) if outdoors would work best.

Just Duke
06-23-2016, 11:50 PM
Watkins Gun Range still open?

TXGunNut
06-24-2016, 12:43 AM
I'll be in Raton July 6, blowing thru Denver on the 7th.

RPRNY
06-24-2016, 12:55 AM
I shoot at Great Guns way to heck up north. I am on the waiting list at Boulder Rifle Club and there's a slim chance I'll make it while still alive...

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

C.F.Plinker
06-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Watkins Gun Range still open?

That range was bought by the Golden Gun Club 20 years ago and is open. http://www.goldengunclub.com/ Their matches are open to the public but otherwise you must be a member or a guest of a member to shoot there. They capped their membership several years ago and now have a waiting list in order to get in. One of the fellows I shoot league with said he was on it for over 2 years before he got in.

Just Duke
06-24-2016, 08:13 AM
That range was bought by the Golden Gun Club 20 years ago and is open. http://www.goldengunclub.com/ Their matches are open to the public but otherwise you must be a member or a guest of a member to shoot there. They capped their membership several years ago and now have a waiting list in order to get in. One of the fellows I shoot league with said he was on it for over 2 years before he got in.

Wow Pretty stark still. At least they have covered shooting bays now. I did most of my shooting out off Piccadilly but I believe someone came along and dropped and airport on top of my buddies dairy farm. Eman-en-t Doe-mane. :(

Just Duke
06-24-2016, 08:16 AM
Stay away from that Gunsmoke gun shop. The fella is a fraud but I knew his wifey Renae back in the 80's when she was an NG nurse in Aurora.

Just Duke
06-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Don't drink the water there especially in Thornton.

Just Duke
06-24-2016, 08:23 AM
Are there any Cast shooters in the Denver area that can shoot on week days?

Were you at Ft Carson? We were at Nor----------- Ad for years.

tja6435
06-24-2016, 10:57 AM
I like the Pawnee National Grasslands during the week or any day during the winter. You can at up and shoot out to 1500y pretty easily in some spots where the land lays right for that activity.

76 WARLOCK
06-24-2016, 01:49 PM
I shoot at the Colorado Rifle club north east of Byers, look it up. It is very busy on weekends, but wide open weekdays. I can take a guest for free, you can join as well.

rancher1913
06-24-2016, 02:42 PM
anybody in the denver area interested in a joint project for lead removal from a dirt berm. I have a club, maybe more than one, that would like me to clean the ranges. I have the "heavy" equipment but could use some screeners and help. still in talks to get particulars but we would take all the range scrap and pay them a percentage of the value. this could work into a regular yearly event.

380AUTO
06-24-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm in Fort Carson I would love to meet up with some members here

swamp
06-24-2016, 06:54 PM
I have been the Pawnee grasslands. Nice range, but a long drive from Denver. Same for the area down by Woodland Park in the Nat. Forrest. Seems like it is a two hour drive from Denver to a shooting area that is not a private club. If nothing else it would be nice to get together for coffee and chat(BS session). Maybe figure out someplace.
swamp

Just Duke
06-24-2016, 07:16 PM
My old stopping grounds http://www.auroragunclub.com/

rondog
06-24-2016, 07:47 PM
anybody in the denver area interested in a joint project for lead removal from a dirt berm. I have a club, maybe more than one, that would like me to clean the ranges. I have the "heavy" equipment but could use some screeners and help. still in talks to get particulars but we would take all the range scrap and pay them a percentage of the value. this could work into a regular yearly event.

Hmm, whar 'bouts? Send me a pm with details, I might be interested. I'm in Parker.

Porterhouse
06-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Rancher,
I might be interested, too. Send me a PM or start new thread.
76 WARLOCK,
I also love to get together for weekday shoot or coffee. I belong to 2 ranges but I drive a lot. I think I'm spending more on gas than powder and primers...