PDA

View Full Version : Why I do it! And the money don't hurt either.

nagantguy
06-20-2016, 12:50 PM
At the defensive pistol class I ran on Saturday we had a great mix of people, there was a mother daughter duo though that made the day special. These ladies could shoot but did not know how to react to someone in their face in their space, yelling through them off, they had timid little voices when they gave commands to back up, leave, get outta here. When someone grabbed their training gun they just let go. I watched these ladies start on the road to being sheep dogs. Before they left they asked about further training, they asked if we could set up a security protocol for thier church, they have armed decons but they have never trained as a unit. What made it worth while on the last few live fire drills the youngest lady said "I can do this I'm not a sheep!" The other lady in the class wanted further training but she was already no push over and with a little fine tuning she will be a fierce warrior. We also had a few big bruiser type guys in the class, and they got to see first had that the thing we teach will work against big scary wolves.
I train sheepdogs, those who will not submit to werewolves! What we learn in a carry class Isn't enough, being a great target shot Isn't enough, it helps but great target shooting isn't required to survive a fight. The attitude skills and mindset to stay in the fight, put metal on meat until the threats are no longer threats that's what counts. These are my thoughts not yours.
I've been doing this for years now that Reality Check Defense Consulting is in fact a reality it feels good to pass this knowledge along to good people.

BrassMagnet
06-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Our followers of the religion of peace want to attack churches just as much as they want to attack gay bars.
This training is needed!

osteodoc08
06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Once again a sleeping giant is being awakened.

country gent
06-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Ladies can be firece fighters and most dont fight to a level but to end the problem. Women while weaker and smaller can be taught tactics that make them truly formidable. I believe in the group senerio with a few armed males a few armed ladies scattered thru out the gathering would be more or less ignored by attackers giving them the advantage of surprise.

nagantguy
06-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Ladies can be firece fighters and most dont fight to a level but to end the problem. Women while weaker and smaller can be taught tactics that make them truly formidable. I believe in the group senerio with a few armed males a few armed ladies scattered thru out the gathering would be more or less ignored by attackers giving them the advantage of surprise.
Yes I agree, with the caveat that you'll only fight as you've trained, any group that plans to sucure a larger group really really really must train together.

RogerDat
06-20-2016, 02:25 PM
You can frighten an angry man, but an angry woman? Not so much. They get rolling and simply won't stop for "scary". Guys might assess odds and do a strategic retreat, the gals don't seem to from what I have seen. Thing is if they are not angry they tend to go along and get along more than guys. Heck we will argue about two completely acceptable powders for a load for pages with no thoughts of trying to get along. You can use that burning dirt you call a powder, me I'm not a fool I am going to use something modern that works! Oh you want to hit the BBQ place this weekend? Maybe do a picnic with the family? Now about those second rate primers you insist on using....

Men don't seem to fear a woman either. Even with a gun. I tell my wife don't let them know they face death, they won't believe you. Show them that they are here to get shot unless they are running too fast to hit. As soon as a firearm comes into it in terms of home defense it should be with the trigger half pulled on it's way to firing the first shot when the barrel aligns with target.

nagantguy
06-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Our followers of the religion of peace want to attack churches just as much as they want to attack gay bars.
This training is needed!

I didn't know how right you are, in just the short time since I've opened my own dojo, two separate people have asked me for security /firearms training for their church, I guess late is better than never, took us a long time and lots of blood in the last 2 generations to remember finally the WE ARE OUR OWN FIRST RESPONDERS! our saftey and our families are up to us, in this state; Michigan the best 911 average response time is 17 minutes, that's in the small area of Waterford township, the worst or longest response time is a tie with iron county in the UP and metro Detroit tied at 50 minutes. One cause or rural area and distance, the second cause it's a third world battle.field, so for 17 minutes to an hour you are on your own. No police bashing intended in that statement, it just how it is.

crowbuster
06-20-2016, 08:16 PM
Good on ya. It's a great thing you do. keep it up. You changed those ladies lives. For the better

trapper9260
06-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Good that you are doing that . But I need to let you know for how you wrote about how the ladies where. It remind me of the movie Police Ach. . For how one of the women was at first for the training and how she was after.

Geezer in NH
06-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Mindset is over half the battle IMHO

nagantguy
06-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Good that you are doing that . But I need to let you know for how you wrote about how the ladies where. It remind me of the movie Police Ach. . For how one of the women was at first for the training and how she was after.

You are right, I should have worded it differently, I wasn't poking fun, being sexist or laughing at anyone's expense, most students first time with force on force training they freeze a little, are very apprehensive about a large man running at them yelling or getting quickly in their face and grabbing them, fighters, hockey players and such and dancers seem.to be well keyed in on how to deal with it, not even every combat vet does well with it at first, it's similar but what we do in defensive pistol craft 101 is dirty loud and in your face, but with full explication of what is going to happen before it does, and with no.disrespect and what ever you do to your various training partners they get to do to you! I not, will not disrespect a student, I do not run the course like a DI, though I could. We strive for everyone to excel! We don't dress like mall ninjas , dismiss no questions or concerns and will listen to any suggestions or alternative methods. Lots of our students already have MONSTER skill setswhen they walk in the door, we require 101 to see where people.are at and mastery of any skill is simply mastering the basics, Bruce Lee didn't invent any brand new kicks or punches , he took the best techniques he could find, throw out any wasted movement and became an absolute master of hand to hand combat. The ladies and gents in our class learned a basic skill set that they can build as large as they wish, or forget it all in two weeks, totally up to them.

runfiverun
06-21-2016, 12:31 AM
that's why they call it training.

leftiye
06-21-2016, 07:11 AM
Once again a sleeping giant is being awakened.

So be it!

Duckiller
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Where are you in Michigan? I have Friends in the Flint/ Brighton area that would benefit from such training. So would I, wife, sons and daughter but the commute is a bit much.