PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte NC

gsdelong
06-20-2016, 10:23 AM
I am going to spend a couple of days in Charlotte, and I wanted to reach out and see if there are any recommended gun stores in the area?

thank you in advance

Greg

gsdelong
06-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Gun Free Zone ?

mold maker
06-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Only schools bars banks and Fed bldgs. Mostly gun friendly. Hyatts (sp) is one of the larger stores.
Do a google for "gun stores Charlotte NC".

Moonie
06-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Hyatt is a good one, have reloading supplies as well. Haven't been there in a few years, I used to work in Charlotte and would go some. Can't justify an hour and a half drive just for that when there are good ones locally.

10-x
06-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Just south on I -77 @ exit 73 in S.C. there is a huge gun shop, archery and fishing business in a " country store". Prices have gone up, but lots to look at. Bought a safe from them about 8 years ago, good deal.

JimB..
06-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Hyatts is big and their prices are high. I find the guys at the gun counter, actually on both sides of the gun counter, to be rather simple. The couple guys back in reloading have been helpful and knowledgeable.

There are two stores on South Blvd. The first is a tiny little place that was a really low-class strip club until about a year ago, it's a few blocks south of Tyvola on the west side of the street. The second is Carolina Sporting Arms, I rather like them and they have generally been reasonable on used guns; their range is run by a former Carolina Panthers cheerleader who is also quite the shooter.

Continuing south on 77 is the fairly new Cabela's and then the store referred to in a prior post is Nichols. You'll see their billboard just before you get to Cabela's.

Heading over towards Matthews there are at least three shops. Beltway Gun and Gold (or maybe It's Beltway Gun and Pawn) is just north of 485 on Independence, always good for use gun browsing, prices are flexible. Firepower is just North of Pineville-Matthews road off of Monroe and has the oldest indoor range that I know of in the area. Just across Monroe road is Point Blank Range, a new place with a reasonable selection of new guns and accessories but prices are kinda high and the place really makes money on its indoor range.

Close to downtown is Hill's Hardware. They sell a little ammo and a lot of reloading supplies, but they only sell them to people that ask. There is no display, it's all hidden in a back room. Used to have very good prices, but they went up during the shortage and last I was in there they seemed very high.

There is a shop 20 min east of the airport just off 85 either in Belmont or Gastonia. I've not been a fan but some obviously go there.

I'm running out of ideas for ya, and there are a few places on the Northside, I just don't get up there.

Safe travels,
Jim