PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 6/16

rl69
06-16-2016, 06:46 AM
The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.Psalm 103:13 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

square butte
06-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Amen - And appreciate the good start to this morning. Thanks rl

Boaz
06-16-2016, 07:58 AM
Thank you rl69 !

Pine Baron
06-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks, rl.

buckwheatpaul
06-16-2016, 01:46 PM
God is doing what we as parents should be doing....He is the guiding light for us all.

Blackwater
06-16-2016, 02:17 PM
As we, considered as a nation in its whole, have gotten further away from traditional fathering and mothering in our families, and things like video games and TV and childhood factions have replaced what was once good, Christian principles for raising our families, the whole of society has consistently degraded and fallen to every new lows in its arc through history. And it shows. Christ provides the greatest example we could ever have of what a good father does for his children. Let's use it more often and judiciously.

Pine Baron
06-17-2016, 08:38 AM
As we, considered as a nation in its whole, have gotten further away from traditional fathering and mothering in our families, and things like video games and TV and childhood factions have replaced what was once good, Christian principles for raising our families, the whole of society has consistently degraded and fallen to every new lows in its arc through history. And it shows. Christ provides the greatest example we could ever have of what a good father does for his children. Let's use it more often and judiciously.
Very astute, BW. We must all try harder to set an example.

Blackwater
06-17-2016, 02:59 PM
Biggest challenge any of us have or ever will have, is being a father, and trying to raise them right and to be intelligent and independent. In my own case, I wasn't sure at times I didn't raise mine to be TOO independent! But I now realize it was no mistake on my part. It's just his heritage coming out in him! [smilie=l: