PDA

View Full Version : When a problem arises....just who handles it?

GRUMPA
06-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Some time back I did a trade with a new guy (dangerous I know) and tried to get him to make things right with the trade. Well after 1 lie and another he's trying to hope like heck I either forget or blow it off, NOT A GOOD IDEA WITH ME.

Most folks here are great to deal with, and they know how I am, very on the spot, never even give a hint of being dishonest.

Just who do I send all those neat little PM's too?

I don't know about the rest of the folks around here, but I for 1 want to stop him in his tracks before he creates anymore problems.

montana_charlie
06-15-2016, 12:32 PM
I think that the Deadbeat subforum is your only outlet.

GRUMPA
06-15-2016, 12:37 PM
OH the Deadbeat part on my end just somehow doesn't provide justice. This guy waits a month then comes on the site and does whatever. I don't know how the Mods do it but keeping him from doing anything while logged in except PM's and resolving his misdeeds first would be nice.

Lie to me once is bad enough, twice is inexcusable, and dodging the issue...well....you know where I'm going with it.

Preacher Jim
06-15-2016, 12:42 PM
pm runfiverun or #1 give all info

OS OK
06-15-2016, 12:55 PM
Why not give a full report on the facts...making sure that you don't embellish....don't leave yourself open for repercussions? Mod's do their thing behind the scenes and resolve issues, we as the members are not generally aware of problems or the results. If he's guilty and receives only a tap on the hand and later, then continues his ways...I would want to be aware of that, of him as I don't think people who take advantage of others change overnight.

GRUMPA
06-15-2016, 01:08 PM
The only way to do that would be to plaster the PM's in open forum. We all know a simple word placed in the wrong place or order has at times bad results. To me PM's (Private Messages) are just that, and that's where it needs to be for right now. All I'm going to write is his first letter and his last letter of his screen name (j)(f) and that's it.

Char-Gar
06-15-2016, 01:23 PM
pm runfiverun or #1 give all info

That is a first rate answer.

runfiverun
06-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Matt.
report the pm's.
then the staff can see them. [we can at least make a decision of some sort from the posts]
we can't do a whole lot on the business end but we can stop him from visiting the site and try to prevent it happen to another member if things are warranted.

GRUMPA
06-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Matt.
report the pm's.
then the staff can see them. [we can at least make a decision of some sort from the posts]
we can't do a whole lot on the business end but we can stop him from visiting the site and try to prevent it happen to another member if things are warranted.

R5R.....I sent all of his PM's to #1 to look at. I was debating on sending them to you since you seem to have a lot on your plate all the time and I didn't want to further burden you. I have no idea how busy #1 is and his style is like mine, cut and dry, rules chiseled in stone.

I just don't want this person to get away with his morally corrupt stance on things. There's right and wrong in my book, I have no gray areas in my thinking.

DerekP Houston
06-15-2016, 04:26 PM
I've only had 1 hiccup on this site, and that was my fault (check lost i transit). Hopefully you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

runfiverun
06-15-2016, 09:57 PM
okay,,,, i'll talk to Robert about it.
hopefully we can get this taken care of quickly.