PDA

View Full Version : Are we this desperate?

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Are we, that visit and populate gun forums, so desperate to protect our gun rights, that we are willing and supportive of pandering to transgenders?

Obviously, the forum linked below and at least some members feel that way...to the extent of Mod's editing thread titles to reflect it.

thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577058 (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577058)

JSnover
06-13-2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.pinkpistols.org

I don't know, are we?

Gwendolyn Patton, First Speaker of the Pink Pistols, an international GLBT self-defense organization, warns people not to jump immediately to the assailant’s guns as the object of blame, but to concentrate instead on Mateen’s violent acts. “The Pink Pistols gives condolences to all family and friends of those killed and injured at Pulse,” began Patton. “This is exactly the kind of heinous act that justifies our existence. At such a time of tragedy, let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns. Let us stay focused on the fact that someone hated gay people so much they were ready to kill or injure so many. A human being did this. The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul. I say again, GUNS did not do this. A human being did this, a dead human being. Our job now is not to demonize the man’s tools, but to condemn his acts and work to prevent such acts in the future.”

dtknowles
06-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Did you really mean to put this in the Chapel?

runfiverun
06-13-2016, 06:27 PM
well it got pulled [deleted] from the other place he put it.

the pit would have been a better place, but I'm leaving it here.

JSnover
06-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Get your hot dogs and marshmallows, folks, this one's gonna be ​hot!

Boaz
06-13-2016, 06:34 PM
well it got pulled [deleted] from the other place he put it.

the pit would have been a better place, but I'm leaving it here.

Just as a matter of curiosity ....why ?

Preacher Jim
06-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Perfect for chapel. Responses are not. The Bible tells us to pray for sinners and their salvation.
Notice the pink pistols reminds me of Deborah and Barak. This is a time we Christians need to pray for the Lord to be at work reaching and bringing these who are consumed by sin to change to the Lord and a natural life style.jmho

JSnover
06-13-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't think it's wrong to bring this up. I don't support the concept of gay rights because it transcends everyone else's rights. I also don't have any interest in the lifestyle but as humans and as Americans they have the same rights as we do, including the right to bear arms.
Read the statement I copied above. They're saying exactly what we've been saying for years.

500MAG
06-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Love the person not the sin.

Garyshome
06-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Well they have a God given right to life. Even if they are a bit mixed up. I know several first hand and very well, they don't try to convince me that I should go down that road. Also they are not really happy with their situation/life. They made the choice and they have to live with it now.

Preacher Jim
06-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Sin is sin and just because their life style repulsed us we still have the obligation to win them to Christ. The bible don't say witness to those you like, it say go into the world.

Boaz
06-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Perfect for chapel. Responses are not. The Bible tells us to pray for sinners and their salvation.
Notice the pink pistols reminds me of Deborah and Barak. This is a time we Christians need to pray for the Lord to be at work reaching and bringing these who are consumed by sin to change to the Lord and a natural life style.jmho

I see , Thanks .

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Well, actually, guys...I am not talking about their sin...we can all agree that their lifestyle is sinful...or at least the gay lifestyle is. I am not really sure how transgenders live and what they do...I would suspect that to some extent, they live a sinful way in their sexual expression, but I am not sure nor do I really care to know. Also, I am not talking about denying their basic human rights nor am I talking about treating them as the scourge of our society.

My Point...Must we pander to this very small segment of the population, to protect our gun rights? And, understand, by pandering to them, we are giving credibility to their lifestyle that is probably sinful...by simply acknowledging them as a group. To be quite honest about this, there are few things that I detest as much as I do, a person that will not stand against something that they believe to be wrong, when it seems that it goes against a considerable amount public opinion.

I personally think this is being done because, as a society, we have allowed the liberals to frame the debate and SO many of us are gutless to stand up and say NO...I will not do this.

Lastly, I despise the pit...that is the reason that I put this here.

JSnover
06-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Who is pandering??
If you had been in the area and had a gun would you try to stop the shooter or would you seize the chance to murder a few of them? Would you call the police?
Or would you walk away as if there was nothing wrong?

Preacher Jim
06-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Lead I personally think that our rights are being trampled by the minority because this president has pondered every cause for destroying the rights of everyone not agreeing with them. I see it as a spiritual war against God. And it is not just 2nd amendment but 1st also. The goal of democrats in power is get rid of anything that stops their liberal agenda. Like I stated a spiritual war. How do we fight a spiritual war,prayer, witnessing, getting out of our comfort zone and confessing our sins so God can work to protect us.
Just my answer not all will agree.

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Who is pandering??
If you had been in the area and had a gun would you try to stop the shooter or would you seize the chance to murder a few of them? Would you call the police?
Or would you walk away as if there was nothing wrong?

If you do not think that acknowledging them as a group, in order to get there political support is pandering...you do not know the meaning of the word.

JSnover
06-13-2016, 08:30 PM
If you do not think that acknowledging them as a group, in order to get there political support is pandering...you do not know the meaning of the word.

In case you haven't noticed, we need allies. Ignoring them as a group and turning a blind eye to the slaughter as you seem content to do, provides an answer to my question.

buckwheatpaul
06-13-2016, 08:31 PM
We are suppose to pray for the sinners....like the verse of love the sinner hate the sin....the problem is that the sinners do not want to change and to run their agenda....IMHO

Prayer can change only those that want to change.

It is kind of like a drunk or a doper.....until they want to change you can force them but they will resist....so prayer is the only way to try to interveen....

Blackwater
06-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Not to be a put down at all, but I think this is one of those cases where the question needs to be refined. "Pandering" to the LBGT groups is one thing, but not wanting to see them slaughtered like cattle in an abbatoir is quite another. To put it another way, they may be deviants, but they're OUR deviants, and what these terrorists do to them, irrespective of what might have motivated this one in this particular instance, they can do to any other group, which pretty well includes every man, woman and child in the nation. NO man, woman, boy or girl nor any who aren't sure about their gender, should EVER be slaughtered in hatred. That is up to God to do or not do, as He sees fit, and NOT to any of us mortals.

If it were in a legitimate battle, killing is often justified and righteous. After all, does not the Bible say "A man with a sword keepeth his house in good order?" But this and other terrorist killings are just slaughter - literally murder - and murder is against everything God and Christ EVER advised, and so clearly so that it's a wonder anyone could justify it by the fact that the people involved were probably "gay." Even deviants have a right to life. It's in the judgment that most of us believe they won't fare very well.

And yeah, they've been creating all sorts of problems and dissensions for some years now, but that again doesn't mean they should be murdered. Frankly, I find them and their practices disgusting, but nowhere in the Bible does it give me permission to murder them. It's the simple difference between human rights that we all have, and the righteousness of living as Christ and the Bible indicate we are to behave. To assess them as "troubled" and "troubling" is fair. To damn them and take their lives is justly done only by God, and no man has that right.

It's simple, really, but in emotionally charged matters such as these terrorism attacks, it's hard to keep our perspective. Hard, like most of Christianity, but not impossible. As Chesterton said, "Christianity has never been tried and found wanting, it's been found difficult and left untried." There's a lot of truth in that, and we all could use that advice from time to time.

The police were perfectly justified and righteous in shooting and killing the terrorist. The terrorist was NOT in his murdering. That's the difference.

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 08:38 PM
In case you haven't noticed, we need allies. Ignoring them as a group and turning a blind eye to the slaughter as you seem content to do, provides an answer to my question.

Well, when your wife and daughter have to use the bathroom with 250lb transgenders...tell them to just shut up and take one for team...gun owners need their support.

country gent
06-13-2016, 08:44 PM
If we condem these groups for their diffrent beliefs, religion, or lifestyles, How are we diffrent from the radical islamics and or radical groups attacking us for our beliefs religion and or lifestyle? Yes we are to convert the sinners but are we to judge, and or ostrize them? As these groups grow in numbers what will be the outcome. While I dont agree with their lifstyles and or choices its not for me to judge them.

Handloader109
06-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Can't say much about Blackwater's comments other than to say I agree. I've worked with a number of lesbians and a lot of them were driven towards their lifestyle by bad relationships with men, abuse being most common. Several have moved back to a "normal" lifestyle. I think it is imperative that we fight the problem. And it isn't that these folks are in the LGBT community, it is a large group of Islamic terrorists want to kill Americans. Don't lose sight of this fact.

Ickisrulz
06-13-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't think I'll be joining Pink Pistols. But why not support them and wish them well? On this issue anyway, if they believe what we do it can only help everyone.

JSnover
06-13-2016, 08:52 PM
Well, when your wife and daughter have to use the bathroom with 250lb transgenders...tell them to just shut up and take one for team...gun owners need their support.

Uh, yeah. Cause it's the same thing, right? How does my opposition to gender-neutral bathrooms equal pandering for 2A support?

runfiverun
06-13-2016, 10:16 PM
gun ownership and whose tail you wanna chase are 2 separate issues.
one is a choice, one is a right.
they have nothing to do with each other.

MaryB
06-13-2016, 11:45 PM
I know 3 transgender people, all three are what would be called asexual. No interest in the other sex, same sex, any sex.

Well, actually, guys...I am not talking about their sin...we can all agree that their lifestyle is sinful...or at least the gay lifestyle is. I am not really sure how transgenders live and what they do...I would suspect that to some extent, they live a sinful way in their sexual expression, but I am not sure nor do I really care to know. Also, I am not talking about denying their basic human rights nor am I talking about treating them as the scourge of our society.

My Point...Must we pander to this very small segment of the population, to protect our gun rights? And, understand, by pandering to them, we are giving credibility to their lifestyle that is probably sinful...by simply acknowledging them as a group. To be quite honest about this, there are few things that I detest as much as I do, a person that will not stand against something that they believe to be wrong, when it seems that it goes against a considerable amount public opinion.

I personally think this is being done because, as a society, we have allowed the liberals to frame the debate and SO many of us are gutless to stand up and say NO...I will not do this.

Lastly, I despise the pit...that is the reason that I put this here.

MaryB
06-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Name the rights that are being trampled? None are! Just because they want to use he bathroom that matches how they look(and it is a major safety issue to force them into the other bathroom!) doesn't interfere with ANY of your rights. They want to live life and have the exact same rights as you have! That includes not being fired from a job just because the boss doesn't like their sexual choices! If you had a gay boss he could fire you for being straight, how would that fly? You would howl bloody murder about it. Being treated EQUALLY is not infringing anyone's rights!

Lead I personally think that our rights are being trampled by the minority because this president has pondered every cause for destroying the rights of everyone not agreeing with them. I see it as a spiritual war against God. And it is not just 2nd amendment but 1st also. The goal of democrats in power is get rid of anything that stops their liberal agenda. Like I stated a spiritual war. How do we fight a spiritual war,prayer, witnessing, getting out of our comfort zone and confessing our sins so God can work to protect us.
Just my answer not all will agree.

MaryB
06-13-2016, 11:50 PM
90% of the LGBT people in this country just want to be left alone to live their lives. Only a small percentage is active in pushing ****. Blaming the whole group is no different than the dems blaming all gun owners for crimes!

We are suppose to pray for the sinners....like the verse of love the sinner hate the sin....the problem is that the sinners do not want to change and to run their agenda....IMHO

Prayer can change only those that want to change.

It is kind of like a drunk or a doper.....until they want to change you can force them but they will resist....so prayer is the only way to try to interveen....

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Name the rights that are being trampled? None are! Just because they want to use he bathroom that matches how they look(and it is a major safety issue to force them into the other bathroom!) doesn't interfere with ANY of your rights. They want to live life and have the exact same rights as you have! That includes not being fired from a job just because the boss doesn't like their sexual choices! If you had a gay boss he could fire you for being straight, how would that fly? You would howl bloody murder about it. Being treated EQUALLY is not infringing anyone's rights!

The problem is...they don't want to use the bathroom for those that look the way they do. They want to use the "other" bathroom. If they are born with male parts...they should use male restrooms.

Honest to goodness...it is no wonder this country is going down the toilet.

We are talking about the Bruce Jenner's of this world...those born one sex (and looking like that sex) but, they claim to identify more with the other sex.

richhodg66
06-14-2016, 07:04 AM
gun ownership and whose tail you wanna chase are 2 separate issues.
one is a choice, one is a right.
they have nothing to do with each other.

This is the issue. Even animals have an inherent right to defend themselves, just being gay doesn't mean they don't understand this.

nekshot
06-14-2016, 07:40 AM
I do not judge these folks but it is obvious they are being tormented by mixed up values and such and I will gladly help and work with them to get free from their plight. We all come short on the scale of perfection but it is funny how this specific groub of folk will never be happy or have enough freedoms because their choices have no foundation for society and history proves that. Thank God. He solved the problem if we so choose to accept His way of deliverance.

shoot-n-lead
06-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Reading comprehension on this forum is very lacking.

This thread was started about TRANSGENDERS and everyone is talking about "gay".

I don't support, for a minute, aligning with "TRANSGENDERS" (that want to infiltrate bathrooms that are not for their natural gender)...to gain a very few votes in support of gun rights.

This place sounds just like the Republican party, that has done a dismal job protecting our culture, because they have been so worried about offending everyone. They have simply thrown the baby out with the bath water...for the sake of appearing to be inclusive...

Y'all rail about what has taken place in this country over the last 8yrs...yet, you sit behind your keyboard and support it. The way some of y'all see it...everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want to do...there are NO standards for acceptable behavior.

Do y'all have ANY standards?

runfiverun
06-14-2016, 11:16 AM
I think we just got called libertarians.:lol:

I got plenty of standards and morals.
but mine don't need to be imposed on someone else, unless what they are doing is interfering with what I'm doing.

imposing your thoughts and morals on others is part of the problem with this country,
it's similar to throwing 4 pieces of bacon on the floor and expecting your dogs to share the goodies evenly.

Preacher Jim
06-14-2016, 11:33 AM
there is no one more concered about the direction our counrty is heading than me.
that said, my reason is that i know that the judgement of God is going to be brought upon America by our acceptance and tolerance of all sin. Do not single on issue, God judges sin period and all sin is equal in his eyes.
that said i feed 4000 people per month and i do not care if they are white, black, green, srtaight, homo, or what their problem is. Jesus commanded us to love one another not the sin or lack of.
there is one thing i do after i help them all, i witness Jesus to them. over 31 years 4320 of them have accepted Him as savior. i know where half of those go to church, work in church, some have gone on to become missionaries, pastors, sunday school teachers. some have given up the homo life style and are happily married, some asexual. druggies have become straight, some have fallen back and some have died.
saying all this to say if the liberals had their way i could not witness or tell folks the cause of your problem is the choices you have made, you go on doing the same thing the same way, why would you expect different results. i have people who are closing family businnesses rather than be sued for not participating in things against their belief system.
never had a sinners business closed or be fined for refusing to serve a christian.
yes this battle is a spiritual war against Christians in our country today. Folks we are losing the war for the milk toast reasons given by some in this post.

Blackwater
06-14-2016, 12:19 PM
You know, there's validity on all sides of this issue, and not a post or opinion here that can't be supported by some good, decent principles. This tends, in my view, to indicate that we've yet to deal with or even find the right question yet. As Einstein said, finding the right question is the biggest problem in solving complex and deep problems. With so much virtual anarchy in the opinions stated, it seems evident that we're really still in search of the right question here on this issue, the one that will make the answer seem self-explanatory, as Einstein observed.

I have a suspicion, though it needs to be fleshed out more, that the real problem the LBGT crowd are posing us with, is the one that relates to culture, and its sustainment, more than one of legal rights or theological principles.

When it comes to the theological issues, it's clear that we've been advised very strongly to love everyone, but we've also been told that it's perfectly OK to kill someone in self defense (if you can read between the lines, at least). And we've been told that the LBGT crowd are most likely doomed to hell if they don't change their ways and repent, as are any other type of sinner. But what's hard to do is deal with people whose personal choices are actually just plain disgusting to many of us. I know. I've done it. And yes, it IS hard to do, and hard to do objectively and effectively. But it's not quite impossible. Just difficult. And it's certainly not as pleasant as doing the same thing with someone who's not as personally disgusting as some of the LBGT's tend to be (not all, but definitely some).

And the LBGT crowd are FAR from all being alike! VERY far! I know two ol' country boys you'd never suspect were gay, who worked together in a business one of my best friends' wives did. One died not long ago, and the other is just a lost little puppy in the world now. I don't understand it, but I CAN recognize what's clear, even if I can't and don't and likely never will understand what makes some homosexual. I just plain don't understand it at all.

Probably, every one of us knows gays who just don't appear that way, and likely have made jokes and made derisive statements about gays to people who unbeknown to us WERE gay themselves. Some even laugh these off! It's not like they've never heard them before. Some even make them themselves! That's true, whether some will believe it or not. I suspect (?) that they've simply come to the point they recognize the irony in it all themselves, and just accept that they are sinning, but won't change, and they're just awaiting the final judgment, hoping they'll be forgiven? It's not something non-LBGT's don't do themselves, is it? Maybe from a slightly different angle, but it winds up being the same thing, in any practical operative or theological sense.

The biggest operative and non-theological problem arises when these people try to impose their will and principles and beliefs on a majority of others who find them and their practices simply disgusting to them. That can only engender severe and marked resentments, which is what we see in the issue all around us today, and that serves nobody.

Gays, etc., are a fact of life today and every one of us lives amongst at least some of them. Mostly, they pretty wisely keep their private activities private, just like most heteros do. It's mainly those who like to priss around and flaunt their lifestyles, and shove it in people's faces, that are really creating the problems now. Others of the same or similar type lifestyles probably agree, but not even all of those! The two ol' country boys I cited above are pretty conservative, and vote Republican consistently, and they keep their own habits to themselves except for a very few who know their "secret."

So it's really an issue of preserving a good (even if not perfect), basically decent culture that's liberal enough to "live and let live" but yet strong enough to withstand assaults on its essential character by the more flamboyant and antagonistic of their type. And nobody seems to "get" this part of the whole real question.

I don't have it all figured out to my satisfaction, because I put little time in thinking about it, really, but maybe it's time we all did a little more of that? What we're doing, casting aspersions due to our aversion to the thought and idea of what they do, surely isn't working very well for any involved. So the only thing that appears clear in all this is that we've got a lot of thinking left to do on it IF we're to find a workable and fitting, if not "perfect" answer to it all.

I've also talked to and done some degree of counseling with heterosexual whores, and of all of them, these may well be the most tortured lot of them all, at least in my meager experience with them. Sexuality, in what I've seen, seems to extend down deeply into the soul, and how that all works, and why it works as it does, I do not understand, but I know it's significant and real. I only have a bare surface level understanding of it.

But it's still clear that what we're doing - simply arguing and casting aspersions over this or that or other contrived issues - just ain't workin' out for us. So we really NEED to find a better way to resolve the matter, lest it be yet another fire on the log that seems to be destined to cook our goose. And time's a'wastin' in the matter, too!

michael.birdsley
06-14-2016, 01:03 PM
I don't care at this point. If this is what has to happen to knock the anti-gunners totally out of the pitcher than so be it. The left, some on the right and anti gunners want not only the 2nd but, the rest of our rights wiped out. They Want us to be more docile like The liberal Utopia of Europe. Except this is America we havn't spent most of our history living under a Monarchy and social Aristocracy that rules us and know what is best for for their subjects. I may not agree with the transgender or gay lifestyle but, they are still independent free thinking Americans who do not and should not have the government trying to protect them. When as a American we protect our selves and don't need help from anybody. If they are willing to fight and protect themselves that has gained my respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnson1942
06-14-2016, 02:02 PM
be careful on judging some of these people. i saw a documentary on humans born with no sex organs at all. they were neither man or woman. nothing down their. they had no sex drive but felt lonely because they just wanted to be loved as a human with no sex involved. as they go older they took hormones or testosterone so they would look like a man or look like a woman so as not to stand out in a group of people. they lived with each other and showed love to each other but no sex interest or desire and couldnt if they wanted to. you have to have compassion for these people as they didnt make a choise to be born this way. non of us would like to be like them and im sure we would not see them as different if we were with one. they know but we dont. just a thought.

shooter93
06-14-2016, 06:10 PM
I don't "pander" to any group but gay or not I don't care. If they support the Constitution then they are on my side. While I may be called a totally failed Christian I seriously try not to judge people because of they way they look or their ideas are different from me. Had I been near the place knowing it was a gay bar and saw it happening I would have responded the best I could. " People" were being murdered because of their beliefs. What kind or person would I be to just watch it happen? God will make the final judgment, I am not afraid to face him.

shoot-n-lead
06-14-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't "pander" to any group but gay or not I don't care. If they support the Constitution then they are on my side. While I may be called a totally failed Christian I seriously try not to judge people because of they way they look or their ideas are different from me. Had I been near the place knowing it was a gay bar and saw it happening I would have responded the best I could. " People" were being murdered because of their beliefs. What kind or person would I be to just watch it happen? God will make the final judgment, I am not afraid to face him.

More reading comprehension problems....

Everyone respects their right to defend themselves...not everyone chooses to acknowledge them as a credible group, just to gain their political support. AND, there is a difference...

I don't want to hear you belly aching about what Obama has put forward in this country in the last 8yrs...you are helping him.

justashooter
06-14-2016, 06:22 PM
the high road is full of homos.

Blackwater
06-14-2016, 07:47 PM
It's been said that "Politics makes for strange bedfellows." Of course they meant it in the figurative sense, though it's sometimes literally true in a few cases. But whenever policies come up for vote, there are only two ways TO vote - up or down. This in and of itself generates a lot of that quote's truth.

And it's no shame in an important contest to take all the support you can find, wherever you can find it. It's far from unheard of for men in battle to be saved when a person of other than heterosexual bent sacrificed himself for the rest. "Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for another." So it's not like deviants of any variety can't or never have made contributions that maybe let some of us BE here today. That ain't no small thing in the view of most.

Also doesn't keep what they do from being disgusting to me, and many more, but that's a whole separate issue. I have talent in some areas, and none in others. I wish to heaven I could play guitar better, but alas, 'tis not to be. I have little to no idea what makes people go against "nature" and become homosexuals. I have a sense that part of it MIGHT be organic, and part psychological, but I've learned enough to know that I really don't have a clue, ultimately.

Some things, it seems, are best left up to God, while we tackle things that we really CAN grasp, with some real effort on our part. But some, it seems, like to beat dead horses and pursue wills of the wisp.

They'll never have the right to flaunt their deviance just to incite derision. Nobody truly has that right. But they also DO have a right to live. I can't see how these simple things escape so many people. But, there are lots of things I don't understand besides that.

JSnover
06-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Reading comprehension on this forum is very lacking.

This thread was started about TRANSGENDERS and everyone is talking about "gay".

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.
To clarify then, you like gay people, you hate transgender people.
That makes a lot more sense.

dtknowles
06-14-2016, 10:27 PM

Where was the Purple Font. I am sympathetic to Transgender people the truly misidentified. Tomboys should get to be boys and the effeminate guys need to be girls. If later on the get turned around let the turn around.

I have a problem with Homosexual guys. Lesbians not so much, I can understand finding attractive women desirable. I can't imagine wanting some guy to poke me in the butt or something worse.

Tim

shoot-n-lead
06-14-2016, 10:33 PM

Well if you aren't struggling with comprehending what you read...you are just making it up as you go.

Sounds just like a typical liberal...

Just because I do not want to reach out to men folks that want to use ladies restrooms...I hate them.

Yep, typical liberal spin.

You can't argue it merit...so, you have to spin it to where you think it fits.

runfiverun
06-14-2016, 10:42 PM
shhot-N-lead from where I sit your pretty much Trolling the crowd here.
stop it.
make a point clearly, or i'll close the thread.

shoot-n-lead
06-14-2016, 11:24 PM
They'll never have the right to flaunt their deviance just to incite derision. Nobody truly has that right. But they also DO have a right to live. I can't see how these simple things escape so many people. But, there are lots of things I don't understand besides that.

Blackwater...do you struggle with reading comprehension, also. Nowhere, have I suggested that they do not have the right to keep and bear arms. Nowhere, have I said they don't have a right to live. Y'all have twisted what I said, every way you can to make it something it is not...and that is exactly what liberals do at every opportunity when faced with something they cannot counter on merit. My point with the link that I posted was...the mod on the forum modified a thread title to force that they be included in a very generic title that was in the form of a statement that has always been considered to be inclusive of everyone that reads it. This was not done in love, to reach out to these people in an effort to help them, this was done to be politically correct and give this group social standing so as to perhaps gain their political support. That is PANDERING...to a VERY small group of people, a group so small that it is politically insignificant. Now, y'all can love and kiss on all of these misfits that you want...to try to get the votes that you will most likely never get anyway and if you do, it will never make a difference in any election, anywhere.

This is all just proof to me of how far left this country has gone over the course of 4 decades...and it shows me that there is not a lot of hope that America's best years as a society, are ahead of her.

So, to answer my own question....Yes, we are desperate, but it is in a different way than I thought.

Y'all have fun...I am done here.

Blackwater
06-15-2016, 01:18 PM
My comments weren't directed at you at all. Just my thoughts on the issues here. Few issues evoke the kind of emotional intensity that this one does, but just because our emotions are spurred, doesn't mean we have to give in to them. And it's hard for heteros to understand homos, if not actually impossible. Therefore, we need to approach the matter soberly and with caution. I'm NOT saying that we need to put up with the "gay pride" marches and outlandish displays of THEIR sexuality (or lack of it?). Their sexuality is irrelevant to us, and a matter really between them and God himself. Not a matter for parades to be spun around! But nobody wants to deal with the issue of their "human rights" under the law unless and until they do something like that, so I can at least see SOME point to it all. They just use them to flaunt their sexuality, not to advance their cause for "human rights." That's what I think we all resent and find so repugnant about their "efforts" to draw attention to some of the issues they face that we don't, like visitation in hospitals, etc. Here in Ga., a person can leave anything they want to anyone they want in a will, so that's not a problem for them here, unless they die intestate, which is THEIR fault, not a problem in the law.

My experience with the ones I've known and had an opportunity and motive to discuss things a bit with them, has shown those I've talked with to be very troubled people, emotionally, and sometimes mentally. Even their thinking seems to be willful and removed from what would normally be recognized as "logic." But I am at least aware that I simply don't understand them, and I'm really not motivated TO understand them, so I leave it mostly up to God. Gays and deviants have sacrificed themselves for others, and some have kidnapped and tortured and killed people, including minors, so it appears they're capable of good acts and bad, apart from their sexuality, just like us heteros are.

I wouldn't trust them in much of anything in life as far as I would someone I have reason to believe is hetero, and more "normal." My experience has been that there's just more reason to NOT trust them than in other large groups of humanity. But I'm not a very trusting person anyway, so that has to be a factor, but in this case, I believe reasonable. The two gay country boys I cited above are probably trustworthy in most anything, but I'm still hesitant to trust them with anything I value, even so. Is that rational or emotionally based? I think it's both, working together.

Awfully tough to deal with something we don't understand. It's like trying to understand what to do if aliens landed on the planet. Homos of any sort will always be "alien" to us heteros, I think. So I just leave it up to God to handle. I don't really think I know how, rightfully.

1_Ogre
06-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Personally Mary, if I'm in the bathroom and a he/she dressed in a skirt comes in, there's gonna be a BIG problem. There's a "SIGN" (imagine that) on each bathroom door. If they guys in dresses wanna go to the bathroom, then they darn sure better use the one that accomidates dresses, same for the gals that "THINK" they are a male. I'm not a prejudiced person, but privacy is privacy. Guess by your thoughts, I should be able to go to a restaurant, order a $200 dinner, then say "I'm a millionare in my mind, but don't have the money to pay" and get away with it? Don't think that's ever gonna happen either. This sick PC world today makes it impossible to do anything without the whinners crying about it. Boy Scouts "HAVE" to allow females in their ranks, but ya know what? There aren't any males in the Girl Scouts. And since this sick PC world is on a roll, why aren't females drafted into the military? Seems they want everything that suits THEIR needs, but when it isn't to their liking, it's a BAD thing. Makes me sick.

Boaz
06-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Personally Mary, if I'm in the bathroom and a he/she dressed in a skirt comes in, there's gonna be a BIG problem. There's a "SIGN" (imagine that) on each bathroom door. If they guys in dresses wanna go to the bathroom, then they darn sure better use the one that accomidates dresses, same for the gals that "THINK" they are a male. I'm not a prejudiced person, but privacy is privacy. Guess by your thoughts, I should be able to go to a restaurant, order a $200 dinner, then say "I'm a millionare in my mind, but don't have the money to pay" and get away with it? Don't think that's ever gonna happen either. This sick PC world today makes it impossible to do anything without the whinners crying about it. Boy Scouts "HAVE" to allow females in their ranks, but ya know what? There aren't any males in the Girl Scouts. And since this sick PC world is on a roll, why aren't females drafted into the military? Seems they want everything that suits THEIR needs, but when it isn't to their liking, it's a BAD thing. Makes me sick.

I agree .

JSnover
06-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Personally Mary, if I'm in the bathroom and a he/she dressed in a skirt comes in, there's gonna be a BIG problem. There's a "SIGN" (imagine that) on each bathroom door. If they guys in dresses wanna go to the bathroom, then they darn sure better use the one that accomidates dresses, same for the gals that "THINK" they are a male.
But then you'd have an actual, anatomically correct male in the ladies' room. To me that is a disturbing thought.

Boaz
06-15-2016, 02:09 PM
I let my daughter watch cable shows till she was 10 years old . Saw a popup promoting the children's sexual identity hot line . Severed the cable .
I pity young people growing up now . They have no social gage to go by , social training every where they look .

JSnover
06-15-2016, 02:14 PM
I let my daughter watch cable shows till she was 10 years old . Saw a popup promoting the children's sexual identity hot line . Severed the cable .
I pity young people growing up now . They have no social gage to go by , social training every where they look .
That's the real problem and I believe it's part of The Plan. You won't be able to determine who you are or what you stand for if you can't figure out what you are. The Radicals that have taken over are in the process of destroying our will by destroying our identity, alongside other methods.

1_Ogre
06-16-2016, 08:14 AM
They will only accomplish that if "WE THE PEOPLE" let them. Time for us to take our country back from the self serving Politicians that worry only about their future and income and influence peddling

Boaz
06-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Agreed .

Blackwater
06-16-2016, 02:13 PM
That's the real problem and I believe it's part of The Plan. You won't be able to determine who you are or what you stand for if you can't figure out what you are. The Radicals that have taken over are in the process of destroying our will by destroying our identity, alongside other methods.

What a great point in this matter! That is EXACTLY the crux of the matter. It's about the destruction and dismantling of our essential character and culture, and it's the libs who are trying to drive it all down our throats. And Obama and his minions have the baton right now, and are trying to pass it off to Hillary, so it can be REALLY implemented when she stacks the Supreme Court with rubber stamps for anything she wills to do! Truly, we live in perilous and trying times, where everything we are, as Christians and as Americans, is being attacked from all sides. THIS is the part that gays are rightfully criticized for. The rest is really between them and God. It's when they as a group and "type" assail everything we hold most dear, that we have a right and a duty to counter them. THAT is the righteous battle in this. And we need to quit falling for all the bait they throw us. It harms our position rather than helping it, and in so doing, harms our nation, the great ship of state we all ride in that keeps us afloat. Sink the ship and the people go down with it, and so very, very much is wasted and dies.

Folks, it's time for us to be smarter and more incisive than we've ever really HAD to be in the past. If we're to survive as anything the Founders would recognize, and anything like what Christ intended for us to be, we're going to have to be a LOT smarter and more fair and less reactive than we've ever been before. It's as though Christ himself were making it that way as a test for us, to further separate the real wheat from the chaff. And as the whole world seems to be choosing up sides, between those who believe in God and liberty, and those who believe in "No god" and liberty only for those in power, it really kind'a makes sense that we'd be put in this position now. God help us to live up to it!

MaryB
06-18-2016, 11:37 PM
So SHE should use the men's rooms with your son's? Dr. Christine McGinn, former NASA flight surgeon... and transgender

The problem is...they don't want to use the bathroom for those that look the way they do. They want to use the "other" bathroom. If they are born with male parts...they should use male restrooms.

Honest to goodness...it is no wonder this country is going down the toilet.

We are talking about the Bruce Jenner's of this world...those born one sex (and looking like that sex) but, they claim to identify more with the other sex.

MaryB
06-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Straw argument and invalid!

jcwit
06-19-2016, 12:23 AM
So SHE should use the men's rooms with your son's? Dr. Christine McGinn, former NASA flight surgeon... and transgender

Frankly, I think it's sick he/she is even working for the government.

In my day he/she wouldn't be!

1_Ogre
06-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Straw argument, invalid? How so other than the vast majority disagrees with you. Sorry Mary but I do believe in the Bible and it's contents, and IMHO they are not outdated