PDA

View Full Version : scrap lead

steif
05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi,
I just got back from the scrapyard and thought to ask, do you sell lead?
they said yep, thought it was about $1 a pound, so I might just have a source to get some good lead for right now...
the only thing I noticed was they have a buy sheet for all the metals they buy and they pay .08/lb for lead...lol...

I'm gonna go next week and look thru and see what they have, I'm pretty sure I seen some sticks of 50/50 and i'll try to snag that.

GabbyM
05-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Better get a price set before you go digging into the pile. Advise you don't tell them how much you wnat or what it's for. Stock car weights or sail boat ballast is a good line. The price WILL go up if they know you are pooring bullets with it.

Case in point. Place in Urbana, IL sold me lead for 71 cents until they found out what I was doing with it. Then it was a dollar. Guess they were afraid I'd make some money.

steif
05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi,
Thanks!
I never thought of that, but you are right... not only thinking you can pay more for boolit material, some people just have a aversion to anything gun related and flinch at the thought their lead might be used for boolits...lol...