PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in June

FISH4BUGS
06-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Well, I finished loading some 4000 9mm (H&G #331 and 4.1gr 231) and 1000 subsonic 9mm (Berry's 147 plated and 3.9gr. 231) for the supressed guns. I am set for a while.
Next?
I had found 500+ Winchester 125gr JHP 38 bullets in a coffee can a while back and I am kind of low on 357 so I set up the Dillon 550 ready for 357. I dug out the 5 gallon bucket of 357 brass and lo and behold.....500 shiny brand new Starline 357 brass in 2 bags on top.
I have no idea where they came from or that I even had them. Somehow I vaguely remember a trade for who knows what.
What a treat! I'll save them for a special occasion.
Christmas came early!

Thumbcocker
06-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Straightening up my loading area is like a treasure hunt... or a box of chocolates.

FISH4BUGS
06-02-2016, 07:57 PM
I kind of trade for stuff, often time not really needing it right away but KNOWING that SOME DAY I will need it. Loading and casting is done in fairly large lots anyway so all those components come in handy. I think someone could make an argument that I am somewhat of a hoarder of all things reloading and casting.....but that describes most of us anyway.
The goal is to create enough inventory that I can go shooting and not have to worry about running out of ammo or "...only shooting 50 rounds 'cause it is too expensive". Choose which gun(s) you want to shoot, go to the closet, pick your ammo, and go blast away.
Like you, every time I clean my reloading bench and surrounding area, I find stuff I forgot that I had. I finally made a list last time so at least I know what bullets I have in stock.
I recently found a 2 cavity Lyman 429421 that I had no idea I had. I am sure I traded something for it in the past. Nice looking mould and I will try it out in the next run of 44's. Winter is casting time for we people here in NH.
I have found myself quitting work at 5, working in the garden and yard at 5:05, a quick dinner then into the casting shed for an hour or two. By that time it is bedtime.
Cheap therapy!
My SO calls it "man knitting". She really DOES have a point.

Geezer in NH
06-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Sucks getting old don't it? :kidding: Know where your coming from .

RayinNH
06-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Sucks getting old don't it? :kidding: Know where your coming from .

Sure beats the alternative though.

Geezer in NH
06-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Sure beats the alternative though.
By quite a bit. [smilie=w:

Preacher Jim
06-04-2016, 05:35 PM
I been digging treasure for a year trying to relocate my shop. 58 years accumulated stuff, my wife always says nothing leaves our house. I think she is right.