PDA

View Full Version : Texas washing away

SSGOldfart
06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Anybody flooded out yet?? we are flooded in at the time only 8 inches of rain in three hours:coffee:

w5pv
06-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Not yet but there is plenty rain here and the ground is saturated just have to wait and see.

swamp
06-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Talked to my sister in Wichita Falls this morning. No flooding, but plenty of water. Pond and all containers are full. Moisture seems to have brought a bumper crop of chiggers and buffalo gnats.

The news is all about the Brazos and its flooding.
swamp

SSGOldfart
06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
At least we still have power this time,it was out two days last week due to flooding, :neutral:

rl69
06-02-2016, 07:27 PM
1/8 of inch yesterday 3 inches so far today

I started keeping up with rain totals med March. I totaled them up today 31 inches

Boaz
06-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Same in North Texas , rain every day nearly . South and East Texas is the worst looks like, too much water .

Nueces
06-02-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm out west of Austin, elevation of the driveway is 1230', so no flood worries. However, there are many low water crossings in this area. The ground is so saturated that nearly all rain turns instantly to runoff and these crossings flood quickly.

DCP
06-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Stay safe guys, your in our prayers

starmac
06-02-2016, 09:20 PM
3 soldiers dead and 6 missing after trying to cross a low water crossing at Ft Hood, sad day.

Ural Driver
06-02-2016, 09:33 PM
4.5 inches in the last 2 days......I know some might think that is a lot, but to those of us that went thru the recently ended drought, I will take every drop I can get.....I can always find higher ground.....oh look, it's raining again.

Boaz
06-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Feel sorry for the farmers . Was going to be a dang good harvest but it's gone , it was turning 3 weeks ago . It will rot in the field .

SSGOldfart
06-03-2016, 01:23 AM
3 soldiers dead and 6 missing after trying to cross a low water crossing at Ft Hood, sad day.
Yes Sir very sad news,I've got to cross a low water crossing to get out of the community,one of the draw backs to living in the National Forest,that and hogs coming through.to much water for the van. I'll stay out of the water as long as I can.

bedbugbilly
06-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Our prayers are with all of you in TX. Hated to even watch the news this morning to see even more damage and hear the sad news of those lost as a result.

SSGOldfart - you folks take care and keep dry and on high ground! Been thinking of you and wondering how bad you've been getting it. From the number of counties that were mentioned as disaster areas this morning, it's prey wide spread. I hope all of you in TX will keep us posted.

Jim

OS OK
06-03-2016, 10:08 AM
As a kid, the rains brought a wonderment to the entire landscape, a place to play. Outside Houston we would pull each other behind the pickup on inner tubes or skiffs, canoes, whatever…we'd drive and splash as high as we could without drowning out the engine.
As an adult, I doubt there is any wonderment to it…other than that…"I wonder if it will ever quit?"

Boys, my heart goes out to you…hang in there, this can't last forever, I hope! When you are wet and miserable though…It's hard to be optimistic!

Bob65
06-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Stay safe people.

The southern half of the Australian East coast is about to be hit with some rain this weekend as well. Predicted up to 300 mm (12 inches) in places.

SSGOldfart
06-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Hmmm more heavy RAIN??? I'm really getting tired of this weather I've got a pair of woodducks on the front porch,the sky is so dark the street lights are coming on.I'm glad I fixed my boat last week end now
Warning guys wheelchairs and mud don't mix.

Freightman
06-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Dang! high and dry here, of course I live in a high desert at 4000' send some our way tired of paying the water bill.

SSGOldfart
06-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Dang! high and dry here, of course I live in a high desert at 4000' send some our way tired of paying the water bill.
Frank come and get all you want,we'll even help you load it,
Weatherman said we'll have more tomorrow after all

SSGOldfart
06-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Well I'm still here,even with more rain this evening,I've had A number of members ask how they can help,I am really lost for words, We have had some damage and delays,be are doing okay,there are many others who have lost everything,and they need help much more than I do
Only thing I ask is that the guys I have a deal with understand their payments could be running a little late,it's not a cash flow problem it's a mail service problem,I've already had two packages/ wet letters(mail drop box flooded) returned to me yesterday and another that came back Friday,
Carrier said they are unreadable,so I'm mailing every thing out again tomorrow,just don't give up on me, it's coming
I don't think the damage is going to be too much to repair or replace.Again I wanted to thank these who offered to help, I feel sure there would be many more if We asked for help Remember all those that still need a roof over their heads or a hot meal, I feel very lucky to have this family of friends.

TXGunNut
06-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Been five days since the last rain hereabouts, water still standing in parts of the yard. May be able to mow a bit more tomorrow but thinking about taking along a shotgun for the skeeters.

DLCTEX
06-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Florida is getting it now.

rondog
06-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Enough with the dang rain! I work in fiber optic cable maintenance nationwide and it's playing havoc with our projects, not to mention cables washing out, getting cut, sites getting flooded - such joy.....