PDA

View Full Version : We now have BOOB LUBE,thank you very much!

Fireball 57
10-22-2005, 10:33 PM
My fellow BOO-LETT Partners; While I'm still in training for that elusive ten-shot single hole cast boolett, at 9:30 p.m. BOOB LUBE RED was crafted and fabricated by the inspiration and perspiration of THIS Cast Boolit Forum. With the guidance I have gleened from this tireless bunch of experimenters, I stepped into the Sanctium Santorium; my wife calls HERS and concocted a mix of intelligent thought AND absurbity. Yes, this is a variation of the Famous Felix Lube with a FEEL (PUN INTENDED) of readily available materials. The wife, in disbelief, that I needed her stove took the dog and went to her Mother's. The dog really didn't like me, anyway. I might miss my wife's meatloaf, though. At any rate, I have followed the Felix Famous Lube recipe but, started with Dextron III ATF, about two measured teaspoons of Mink Oil, 7 grams of Murray's Australian Beeswax from the hairproducts section of Wally World, and just for KICKS, two teaspoons of Mothers' California Gold Car Wax for that soft shine and light touch down the bore. I kept the temperature to a constant 240 degrees on the stove. Since the house is quiet, at least for now, I'll have to test the BOOB LUBE RED on my tight chambered 1903 with it's favorite Lyman 311289GC and 22.5gn. of 5744, tomorrow at Sight In Days at the firing range. Tonight, I have to figure how to get my MEATLOAF and HONEY BACK! We must make sacrifices in the name science [smilie=b: Shoot straight and bring a new shooter! Regards

famous

felix
10-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Fireball, a most excellent improvement over FWFL! Let's see what it can really do at the range and in the home!!! ... felix

Fireball 57
10-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Felix, I'm pleased to report, BOOB LUBE-RED functions as advertised! [smilie=s: The wife and her dog returned to find soft music, candles not used for lube making flickering on the darkened dining room AND the kitchen cleaned :groner: and back in place. Meanwhile, at the range, the 1903 shot a little higher (about 1/4 inch higher and to the right). The group was an inch and five eighths down from close to two normally if I do my part! I am impressed! Usually, after shooting a string with 50/50, the barrel will display a line of dark black crud at the bottom and length when using AA5744. I did not see that this session. Since my load is minimal (about 1600fps) and gas checked using lino, leading has not been a problem. I suppose I can even soften my lead fodder a little without worry. BOOB LUBE, using the Murrey's Hair Preparation has beeswax and petroleum so an extra "sugar cube of parafin' sweeten to taste, maybe necessary. Try it, you'll like it :lovebooli

felix
10-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Keep it up, Fireball, and you won't need to think about guns ever again! You won't have time for this extramarital non-sense. Just how good is this new lube? ... Felix

The Nyack Kid
10-24-2005, 12:00 AM
ok dumb question form a dumb logger . where do you get the mink oil? can i make my own by stuffing a bounch of mink inside a apple juice press ? or is a extra special process (like softing in side of a microwave) needed before pressing. will cats work better than mink ? how about packrats ? i beleave some more spearmenting may be in order.

lcg119
10-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Why "boob" lube ? Are there boobs in it ? Or, does your wife lube her boobs with it ? Sorry, but inquiring minds want to know.

Buckshot
10-24-2005, 02:02 AM
............I wish I could do that. Everytime I get near the stove I end up with a couple grilled cheese sandwiches :D Seriously though, good work. You'll have to take that slug on up and see how the lube does up around 2200 fps and beyond.

...............Buckshot

Bass Ackward
10-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Fireball,

Personally, I believe that your problem hasn't been lube, but that you need a harder bullet. Don't let this get around, but I have been able to get 2000 fps outta jacketed WITHOUT using any lube what so ever.

And you guys with the dirty minds.

MTWeatherman
10-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Have you know that for the past two years I have been the happy user of the original, REAL version of BOOB LUBE.

Made by following the FWFL formula except for the substitution of bag balm (available at your local ranch supply) for anhydrous lanolin on a 2 to 1 basis. It's a 50/50 mix of lanolin and petrolatum.

A direct quote from the container "for chapped teats"

Need I say more....

lcg119
10-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Aha ! It IS designed for boobs ! A more unimportant bit of information probably doesn't exist....but I was curious. Can't blame a guy for being curious.....

Bret4207
10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Mink oil- boot dressing.

Boob= dummy, fool, moron, stooge, putz. At least thats what my Mom told me when I asked what it meant when the other kids called me boob.

BOOM BOOM
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
1) skin cat
2) scrape fat into pot at low heat
3) after rendering pore into lube mix ,apply & shoot another cat.

waksupi
10-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Saw a bumper sticker at the gun show last weekend

Cats
Nature's little speed bumps

six_gun
10-25-2005, 01:14 PM
You can call it what you want to but if it is called "Boob Lube" it definatly needs to have a little "Bag Balm" in it.

Just as a side line. My teenage sons used to complain about helping me milk cows, night and morning. I told them they were lucky. They handled more titties, every morning before school, than any of their friends would handle in a lifetime. And yes, we used lots of Bag Balm. I never even thought about putting it on cast bullets. The neat cans with the tight fitting lids are great for storing lubed, cast bulets in though and I have several dozen of them in my reloading room.

Sixgun

ps. please don't show this post to my wife.

fiberoptik
10-25-2005, 09:44 PM
1) skin cat
2) scrape fat into pot at low heat
3) after rendering pore into lube mix ,apply & shoot another cat.

Ya left off cook cat with carrots/onions/mushrooms/jalapenos/taters/garlic & eat! :lovebooli

mama always said, "Ya shoot it, ya eat it..." [smilie=l:

PatMarlin
10-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Cheers... and it's a good thing you didn't burn the house down.

Didn't someone do that here?..:shock: