PDA

View Full Version : Glue Boolits??

wfsdno
05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Somewhere I was reading about casting boolits with hot glue. Use no powder just primer and they shoot!!

Anyone else hear about these? Makes indoor shooting simple, so they say.

Roger

runfiverun
05-15-2008, 11:17 PM
look in the stickies

Buckshot
05-16-2008, 01:00 AM
.............wfsdno, welcome to the board! There are several threads devoted to 'Glulits' or 'Gluelits'. There is one in the Special Projects forum, I know. Just do a search using either spelling above. I took the easy way out and bought some 45 caliber clue sticks at Harbor Freight. I used a razor to cut one off about a half inch long, stuck it into a primed 45 Colt case. I fired it against the back wall of the garage aiming at a knot.

The back wall had been covered in T&G 6" pine at some time in the past. I was about 15 ft away and the Glulit hit perfect for windage but about 4" low. It put a perfectly round flat dent into the board and then went skittering around amongst a bunch of stuff I stacked back there. Once you find where to hold you can do evil things to alum beverage cans at a decent distance.

..............Buckshot

OLPDon
05-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I use parrafin wax just push the cartridge into the parrafin of proper thickness wax and presto wax Boolit, then next prime and you are good to go. If you use the wax make sure you prime after wax is seated the compression of air will push the wax out of the shell.
What needed to do is open up the flash hole alittle. Make sure you mark the shell as you don't want to mix up a opened flash hole shell with your regular reloads bad :holysheepthings can happen.
Don

wfsdno
05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks Guys!!

Roger