PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Guns Show yesterday..

oldfart1956
05-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Rode down to the Gettysburg Gun Show yesterday. Always an interesting show. Sarco wasn't there and sadly missed but there was stuff in abundance. Dealers are awash in powder!! Every brand and type and prices while not pre-2008 were better than I'd hoped. Average was $30 pr pound and some slightly less. Primers still running $30 and up but available. Brass and bullets by the buckets full. Guns of all variety and flavor. Still gobs of ar's overpriced but available. Got to coon-finger a neat Flobert in .22 rimfire. What a neat old rifle! $250 and I may regret passing on that. Also looked but didn't coon-finger a new Chiappa 1911 in .45 acp for.....$389. New. It looked really nice. Had fibre optic front sight. $389. Neatly finished, no huge billboard at least on the side showing. Nice rear sight also, not a G.I. version but a slight upgrade. I really don't need another 1911. Arrrghh. They open at 9 a.m. 10 hours to ponder it. Mosin Nagants hit a new high....$300.....seriously? WalMart sells a Weatherby for that don't they? Audie....the pondering Oldfart...

jonp
05-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Audie, The last couple of shows I went to I also noticed the huge increase in Mosin prices. Anyone have an explanation? I remember buying a couple not long ago for $89.

Themoose
05-29-2016, 08:31 AM
I was also at Gettysburg yesterday... as for the Mosin's, I too was scratching my head on the prices... the only thing I could think of was that they took them out of the crates and cleaned all the cosmoline off and cleaned them up nice... I guess that is worth some $$$, but that is part of the "investment" when you get a mil surplus rifle... I picked up a 30-40 Krag that had been Bubba'd, but the bore looks really good...I can use this one if my current project doesn't work out..