PDA

View Full Version : Anvils or steel .22RF targets

root
05-24-2016, 06:05 PM
OK there fellow casters and lead luv'rs.

I've got a piece of RR track 80 inches long out of Endicott NY last week and a piece of 1/4 inch mild sheet steel 48x48. Out of Moscow Pa.

I'm off from my normal job of three days a week and swing'n a hammer the other 4 days a week.

I'll have the time to either bust out the torch and cut anvils ( this is solid RR steel ) not the smaller mining track I had last fall.
or fire up the plasma cutter and burn out zombie steel .22rf targets.

I've always found the targets to sell well.
BUT this track is the stuff that can be used to not just straighten stuff but MAKE things.
I know this as I used a RR iron of this type for 20 years before I got the Hay Budden anvil.

So I'll only have Thursday to burn and swing. Then back to work until Sunday.

What ya'll think I should forge out?

Anvils, or 22rf targets.
They would be Zombie knock down targets and anvils that fit in a large FRB made of true still issued RR trax.

Rich

starmac
05-24-2016, 08:15 PM
60,90 or 130 pound track?? Just asking as folks will want to know. I already have a nice old antique anvil.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-24-2016, 08:20 PM
OK there fellow casters and lead luv'rs.

I've got a piece of RR track 80 inches long out of Endicott NY last week and a piece of 1/4 inch mild sheet steel 48x48. Out of Moscow Pa.

I'm off from my normal job of three days a week and swing'n a hammer the other 4 days a week.

I'll have the time to either bust out the torch and cut anvils ( this is solid RR steel ) not the smaller mining track I had last fall.
or fire up the plasma cutter and burn out zombie steel .22rf targets.

I've always found the targets to sell well.
BUT this track is the stuff that can be used to not just straighten stuff but MAKE things.
I know this as I used a RR iron of this type for 20 years before I got the Hay Budden anvil.

So I'll only have Thursday to burn and swing. Then back to work until Sunday.

What ya'll think I should forge out?

Anvils, or 22rf targets.
They would be Zombie knock down targets and anvils that fit in a large FRB made of true still issued RR trax.

Rich
Rich,
This is very borderline.
You can not sell in the "our town" forum.
If you choose to sell, please use the sell and swap forum, and please follow the rules.

root
05-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Sorry didn't mean to offend.
Wasn't meant to be borderline anything.

Was just a interest thing since so many of us have so little time.

Rich
Maker of things.

PLEASE edit or lock this thread.

Geezer in NH
05-24-2016, 09:35 PM
I vote anvils, target for 22lr would be a waste of good rail