PDA

View Full Version : Boise!

Echo
05-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Wow. I like Boise! Nice city, clean, scenic, good food. Could seriously think about moving here. Had coffee this AM with some local casters, and they were - well - just what we would imagine. Good guys. My memory got shot off in the war (My story, and I'm stickin' to it), so handles and names mostly escape me now, but if any of you casters ever come to Boise, for any reason, announce yourself, and the local gang will share coffee and chat. Super!

shoot-n-lead
05-19-2016, 04:36 PM
I would love to get out that way...but it is a fer piece, from GA.

runfiverun
05-20-2016, 12:22 AM
it reminds me of salt lake in the late 70's early 80's.
hopefully it doesn't take the same path.

trebor44
05-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Boise is well on its way to becoming SLC or WORSE. If you can't afford a McMansion don't think for a minute you are going to find affordable housing or a job. We have ALL of the big city amenities: crime, murder, bad drivers, ignorant bicyclists on the roads (they refuse to use the bike path). I could go on and on but suffice it to say it is in no way, shape or form a haven for anyone except the delusional. I have lived here for many years and the corruption of local and state politicians is appalling, they will speak one way and act the opposite. I used to have deer and elk in my neighborhood, now I have smog (yes we do) and noise. The local LEOs are trying to find the white van that cause the wreck that killed a motorcyclist this past Friday. Oh yeah I almost forgot, we are the dumping ground for all the refugees the State Dept. brings to the USA. We are diverse and then some.

onceabull
05-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Trebor44 paints a fine picture of polictics hereabouts, But,Boise & Ada county still have a two party contest often enuff to keep things closer to parity.. The rest "of the state, well, Idaho has the shame of sending George Hansen," Take a Bite out of Washington" Symms, and "Wide Stance" Craig to D.C. Just since I moved here.. None of that wondrous trio was from Boise..Enuff said... Onceabull