PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is................

FISH4BUGS
05-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Casting all winter and during the cool spring loading on a Dillon 550. Sitting now with 2 50 cal ammo cans full of 9mm. H&G 6 cavity #331, 126 gr rn, 4.1gr 231 and mixed commercial brass. Probably more than 4000 loaded rounds.
Won't have to load for a while.....just shoot them up.

PS Paul
05-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Best get shooting so you can get back to casting and loading! Ha ha! Summer will be over before you know it.

blademasterii
05-17-2016, 02:40 PM
So that's roughly 6 to 7 minutes of shooting for you.

robg
05-17-2016, 02:41 PM
What will you shoot next week?

FISH4BUGS
05-17-2016, 03:40 PM
So that's roughly 6 to 7 minutes of shooting for you.

Well,. maybe a few visits to the range anyway.
I learned how to shoot full auto. The first lesson is NOT to load the magazines ahead of time. Load them at the range. The ammo lasts longer that way.
Second lesson is NOT to use a magazine loader. Do them by hand. One round at a time. The ammo lasts longer that way.
Doing it that way makes the difference between shooting 3-500 rounds at one range visit and easily over 1000 rounds.
Just as much fun either way!

blademasterii
05-17-2016, 06:58 PM
With the lage uppers you can get in lots of calibers a mac10/11 is probably in my future. Not my near future, but there none the less. Once I get my garage done with my tools useable I will start stockpiling cash towards one. I would LOVE an mp40, but WAY beyond my price range. I am more of a collector than a shooter so just once in a while trip to the range to burp off 3 or 400 rounds will last me a while. :D Not sure there are many things that can equal the smile of a full auto suppressed mag dump. I still have two stamps i'm waiting on from jan or feb. A sparrow and a liberty cosmic. I will be suppressing 45-70, 458 socom and a 44 mag desert eagle. I'm not sure what is more fun. Shooting them myself at the range or watching other people shoot things they only see in movies. Some things are just so much better shared.

FISH4BUGS
05-17-2016, 08:43 PM
With the lage uppers you can get in lots of calibers a mac10/11 is probably in my future. Not sure there are many things that can equal the smile of a full auto suppressed mag dump. I still have two stamps i'm waiting on from jan or feb. A sparrow and a liberty cosmic. I will be suppressing 45-70, 458 socom and a 44 mag desert eagle.
I agree. My UZI SBR is Hollywood quiet with subsonic 9mm. So quiet I don't need muffs. Most open bolt subguns are not quite as quiet but still very nice.
I don't know if you are aware of this, but most can manufacturers do NOT want you to shoot cast bullets through them. I would check with the manufactorers to make sure, excpet for the 22 cans, of course.
I have a few Macs over the years and like the Sten modified Mac 9. I bought some 40 Sten magazines for $2 each many years ago.
I think i am done buying full auto guns. I just can't afford to buy them any more. Lucky for me i bought most of mine 30 or so years ago when they were cheap.
My next will be the Lage 9mm upper that goes on the 380 Mac. 7 month wait for that.

blademasterii
05-17-2016, 09:11 PM
Take a look at the liberty mystic and cosmic. Both are full auto rated, as well as being rated for 50+ in the mystic and 70+ in the cosmic. They are both cast friendly as they are stainless monocores with titanium tubes and completely user serviceable and come with the disassembly tool. They also use the same mounts so I can use the same ones from the mystic I own on the cosmic with the exception of the piston from the neilson device. I need to buy a new one for my 1911 .45. The sparrow is also one of the best user serviceable cans on the market for .22. I went with function over size or asthetics. :D

jeepyj
05-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Couldn't agree more. During the winter, most nights that the Bruins play I have a group over and we cast, lube and teach. I was looking things over just a few minutes ago and was thinking i'm in pretty good shape for the rest of the season. I don't have any full autos but we generally shoot 250- 400 rounds a week mostly at steel and 95% revolver. It sure is fun to squeeze the trigger without worrying about running out of ammo!
jeepyj

FISH4BUGS
05-18-2016, 07:42 AM
It sure is fun to squeeze the trigger without worrying about running out of ammo!
There it is folks.....that hits it right on head. This is why we do this, I think.
My closet is full of ammo in Dillon 100 round boxes. When I go shooting, I just pick out what gun(s) I want to shoot, then go the closet and take what ammo I need, then add another box just to be sure. What shortage?
It is just like going to the grocery store. Pull what you want off the shelf. Even my significant other who doesn't shoot thinks this is a great idea to have plenty in inventory.
There is plenty of lead and components that are paid for. It ALMOST seems like the ammo is FREE!....just take the components and add labor and you are golden!
What a great hobby, no?