PDA

View Full Version : Engaged!

OptimusPanda
05-13-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm a couple days late on getting this post up but it's zipped by. Some of you may remember my 2 engagement ring sales. Some of you looked, said kind words, left funny jokes, even bought the stuff I was offering for sale. Many thanks to everyone included in that list. On May 11th around 630PM I asked Erin to marry me and she said yes. Next May, I thought I might get her a set of those new 5.11 tactical yoga pants as a reminder of the day :D

country gent
05-13-2016, 09:38 PM
WHen did you figure out you were engaged. LOL SHe knew well before.

runfiverun
05-13-2016, 09:42 PM
her Dad seen it over a year ago.

OptimusPanda
05-13-2016, 09:44 PM
LOL I did ask her dad a few weeks ago. He was kinda stunned but gave me his full blessing.

Houndog
05-14-2016, 06:54 AM
LOL I did ask her dad a few weeks ago. He was kinda stunned but gave me his full blessing.

Not too many MEN left that respect the parents enough to do that! GOOD FOR YOU from a dad that didn't get asked. BTW, The son in law would have got my blessing! he's better than I could have ever asked for. I'm proud to say they just celebrated their 20th aneversary last week.

osteodoc08
05-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Congrats. Just remember that you chose her and she also did the same. With marriage comes responsibilities a single person could only imagine. It will have its ups and downs. Sometimes it will be a struggle. Stay in it to win it. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Teddy (punchie)
05-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Congrats. Just remember that you chose her and she also did the same. With marriage comes responsibilities a single person could only imagine. It will have its ups and downs. Sometimes it will be a struggle. Stay in it to win it. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

well said your better marry a good friend best friend if you can. Congratulation on engagement!!

Only thing I would add is be in good temperament, life can push our buttons so easy we come home in a stressed out mood.

When I ask my wife's Dad he just said what did she say?? And said yes, but it is all up to her.

blackthorn
05-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Congratulations to you and your future bride! Gail and I wish for you both the happiness we have found with each other. It took each of us one failed try but the second time we got it right.

lightman
05-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Congratulations!

jonp
05-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Not too many MEN left that respect the parents enough to do that! GOOD FOR YOU from a dad that didn't get asked. BTW, The son in law would have got my blessing! he's better than I could have ever asked for. I'm proud to say they just celebrated their 20th aneversary last week.

Kid I went to college with asked his prospective wife's dad for his daughters hand. I didn't know anyone still did that anymore either. Good and congrats.

Our 9th is coming up on 6 June. Yeah, D-Day. I didn't realize the day for some reason and also didn't realize it was the day my father passed away. Her name is also the same as my step-mothers spelt the same way so it was kinda odd all the way around.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
05-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I am kinda shocked that some men WOULDN'T ask the future father-in-law AND mother-in-law. I guess it was just the way some of us were raised.

Anyway, CONGRATS on the engagement! I have only been married for a bit over a year so I am still learning the ins and outs of married life. I wouldn't trade the last year for anything.

1989toddm
05-15-2016, 07:18 PM

I'll second this. All of it. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooterg
05-15-2016, 07:35 PM
The first 30 years are the hardest....

Echo
05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
I've heard that a man chases a woman until she catches him - we were married 55 years, some rough spots, but - my last words to her were 'Love You' - she replied (through about 5 hoses going into her mouth ' Love You 2'...
Love her, respect her, confront her every now & then to let her know that you aren't a 'Yes Mam' type - but love & respect...

Bookworm
05-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Good luck to you and your wife-to-be.
Been 17+ years for us. I quit drinking 18 years ago.

Some say the 2 things are related....