PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Tip

sirgknight
05-11-2016, 04:57 PM
This may or may not be of interest, but I have been reading a lot of threads on "dirty powder". Well, while working in a correctional setting for almost 25 years, the prison system used a product called NeverDull. Inmates used this product for cleaning water fountains, shower heads or anything chrome or stainless. It's use then bled over to the firing range by assisting officers in cleaning their revolvers. I must admit that it is extremely efficient in cleaning firearms. It's appearance looks like an oily wool or heavy cotton and a "little dab will do ya". A large pinch of the material can be used and re-used and it will completely remove any and all powder residue from your firearm, almost immediately. This product is available at many retail outlets including wally-world for about $5 and will last a long, long time.

country gent
05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
I used it for keeping aluminum and chrome bright on motorcycles and polishing stainless parts at work when needed. Its very good stuff. Works on steel, stainless, aluminum, brass, copper and some other materials. Its a wool wadding cloth teatedwith something. A little rubbing and it turns black the part turns shiny and it seems to last. Even when a piece is back it still will do a good job of polishing. Just put it back in the can and it seems to rejuevenate.Its been around for years my grandfather even used it.

redriverhunter
05-11-2016, 06:03 PM
we used it when i was in the navy to shine brass. I must caution all do not put any in your pocket, it will burn something like zippo lighter fluid. I had never thought of it to clean guns I think I will give it a try.
thanks rrh