PDA

View Full Version : How to send PMs, etc.

floodgate
05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Gunload master, 45 nut, wiljen:

I useta could PM a member by clicking his handle on a post or on the Members List to call up a screen giving basic info and offering the opportunity to send a PM or (if OK'd) e-mail. Now, it gives me a different type of screen with no PM option. Am I doing something wrong?

Doug

45nut
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
It did change a bit with the new software ,, but,,,its not too hard.

See under your name where it says "send message",, click on that,,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/f1.jpg

it drops down a menu ,, select send private message...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/f2.jpg

454PB
05-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Hmmm, all I do is left click on the user name and a menu drops down. One of the menu options is "send a private message to (user name)".

floodgate
05-13-2008, 12:42 AM
OK, Ken; that works. Thanks! Doug

floodgate
05-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Ken:

Now I've got another one. Let's say I run across something that answers a question wiljen asked a coupla weeks back, but I forget just when or on which topic. I used to just call up his name on the "Members List", click it and get a screen with - among other things - "find all threads started by wiljen" / "Find all posts by wiljen"; click on the "threads" one and scroll down until I find his question, then enter the thread and give him his answer. Now I can't find the "Find all..." options by going that route.

It should now be evident that I am a VERY slow learner, and pretty "sot" in my ways. Sorry to be such a dum-dum.

Doug

montana_charlie
05-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I used to just call up his name on the "Members List", click it and get a screen with - among other things - "find all threads started by wiljen" / "Find all posts by wiljen"; click on the "threads" one and scroll down until I find his question, then enter the thread and give him his answer. Now I can't find the "Find all..." options by going that route.
Call up his name (Public Profile) by whichever means you prefer, just as before. But now, click on the 'Statistics' tab to get links to his threads and posts.

Now, I have a question for the management.
What is a 'Visitor Message'?
CM

floodgate
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
CM:

Thanks!

Floodgate

ihuntbuck
05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
so thats how that works.

wiljen
05-13-2008, 01:20 PM
CM

They are essentially what we use the feedback forum for. They are messages that show up in a users profile and can be read by other members. They are a moderated function so have to be approved before they can be viewed by the general population.

montana_charlie
05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
CMThey are essentially what we use the feedback forum for. They are messages that show up in a users profile and can be read by other members. They are a moderated function so have to be approved before they can be viewed by the general population.
So, let's see if I undestand...

This is a feature which allows some 'visitor' to leave a message (in my Public Profile), that should be some form of 'feedback' (about me) which he wants the membership to be aware of.

With moderator approval, it might range from 'monatna_charlie is the best source of cannon fuse west of the Mississippi' to something like 'beware of montana_charlie...he'll burn you like a cannon fuse.'

Do I have it right?

CM