PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day !

Boaz
05-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Today is mothers day !
Lets treat all mom's special today . I will not even try to explain how important they are because you already know .

Every year we forgo bible study in the morning and the men cook breakfast for the moms (and everyone else , lol) . Followed by the usual worship service . It will be a good day .

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE !

matrixcs
05-08-2016, 08:38 AM
It is a good day to do something special for Mom.
Thanks for the reminder.

USMC87
05-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Amen, Boaz. GOD gave me the very best mother who is a very special lady and has always took good care of us!

1989toddm
05-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Amen amen Boaz! God bless our mothers and wives, they are so important!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pine Baron
05-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks Boaz, It will indeed be a good day. Happy Mother's Day, to ALL MOMs.

buckwheatpaul
05-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Mom has been gone for years....but think of her almost every day.....thanks for the post......to all the mothers out there you are special and I hope you each have a wonderful day.....Paul

Blackwater
05-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Sounds like USMC87 and I had the same mother! Seriously, a really good Mom is the greatest asset we can have in life, and not all of us get good ones, so if yours was really good, thank God for that, because you were truly lucky and VERY richly blessed. Mine passed the veil in '99, but she's still with me, whispering in my ear on a regular basis. Like salvation, none of us truly deserves a really great Mom, but if we get one anyway, it's always a very humbling thing. Mine certainly was strong and very loving, but she was never my "best friend" as some seem to think they're supposed to be. She was always Mom, and that was aplenty, and she was an officer and I was enlisted, so pretty well followed orders, or paid the price for not doing so.

Just got back from the family's mother's day get-together at the river, and got to tell my DIL how often I thank God she's the Mom of my two grandsons. It was a great get-together. Hope yours was as good. Just wish MY Mom could have been there.

woodbutcher
05-08-2016, 03:57 PM
:drinks: Happy Mothers day to all Mothers.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Preacher Jim
05-08-2016, 05:03 PM
My sad question is why do we not honor them everyday?

Pine Baron
05-09-2016, 08:29 AM
My sad question is why do we not honor them everyday?
I agree.

Blackwater
05-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Jim, you're SO good at looking at the flip side of every coin, and asking all the right questions. The "secular progressive" theology that seeks to permeate our entire culture surely doesn't give any honor or homage to Motherhood! And it's culture that drives a nation. Our traditional culture, that made us so great, is being inundated on every front from many angles, and the reverence for Mothers is just one of the things that are being attacked and attemptedly eliminated. Woe be unto us if we let them succeed!