PDA

View Full Version : Lead price? WW ingots

root
05-05-2016, 08:42 AM
What is a decent price for lead wheel weights that are processed into ingots.
I did this myself. and melted them at a low temp to separate the zinc from the lead and the clips from the WW.

( zinc wouldn't be for sale I use it to make my cannon balls for my 2 inch gun)

Was thinking of selling some in ingot form but don't know a far value.

Thanks
And sorry if this is the wrong forum for this didn't really know where to post it.
Rich

Lloyd Smale
05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
probably a buck a lb plus shipping costs

C. Latch
05-05-2016, 08:53 AM
There's a longtime seller on this forum who I trust that gets around $1.30/lb shipped for WW ingots.

If I set out to compete with her, I suppose I'd have to beat $1.30 shipped, and beat it significantly until I had some feedback built up. It's not a business venture I'd try, personally.

root
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM
No wasn't meant as a venture LOL to many things in my business now. And business is good.

It's really in the way and I have so much of it. I'm sick of moving it around out of the way once a week. Wasn't even looking to sell it all, just a few boxes to get it out of the shop and out of my way.
I need the room so bad I've even considered selling my Plymouth roadrunner for space.

Wife says NO ! ,on the sale of the car and she can't even drive it since it's a stick, 4 on the floor....

So the next thing is to get rid of things that are a surplus here. And ingot lead is on the list since I have 5 gallon buckets of cast boolits for each gun I reload for and buckets of ingots.

I need to clean my 1/2 of the yard. her 1/2 looks like June Clever and Edward Scissorhands my 1/2 looks like Barter Town from Beyond Thunderdome.

Rich

lightman
05-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Check out the swapping and selling section for a price check. A dollar a pound seems to be the going price plus shipping. Personally I would find a place to store them as lead will only get more expensive and harder to find at a fair price.

Love those Roadrunners! What engine is in yours?

root
05-05-2016, 09:59 AM
I just might put it out back behind the shed ( lead that is)
the RR is on page 43 ( I think) of the show me your ride thread. it's a 1978 catalog order only car one of 577 made that year.
has a built and stacked 318 that I can't get out of 1st gear in town and mostly coast around with the clutch pushed in in traffic.

It loves to eat rice! ya know hondas, mazdas, toyotas.
These kids brag that they have 250 HP but they don't understand that that is maxed with a turbo. I have the dyno paperwork from 1996 and my car was putting out that with just a 4bbl and dual exhaust. By far not the fastest thing on the street but a 440 will fit right in with just a motor mount swap and temporary removal of the master cylinder to get it in there.

I'm undecided on the lead. Trying to figure out if it is even worth moving one last time to the PO or out the back of the shed.

Rich