PDA

View Full Version : John Wayne Day

Hickory
05-04-2016, 07:53 AM
We, here at cast boolits should celebrate May 26th as John Wayne day, mostly because its his birthday, but, more so because the left in California refuses to because the Duke is 'racist'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3564362/California-lawmakers-reject-John-Wayne-Day-debate.html

mold maker
05-04-2016, 08:29 AM
If Dule said it, I agree. We all need to be educated to accept responsibility for our deeds.

smokeywolf
05-04-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm all for a John Wayne Day. His persona and that of the characters he played in his movies went a long way in shaping the character and morals of young boys and men and as a result, strengthened this country.

Taylor
05-04-2016, 08:36 AM
You got my vote.

Iron Whittler
05-04-2016, 09:43 AM
You get my vote. He has earned it.:guntootsmiley:

runfiverun
05-04-2016, 10:03 AM
they ain't against him cause he is racist.

okay he did say the N word a lot,, the NRA was something he supported.
I suppose that would be just about enough to black list you from holly weird.

OptimusPanda
05-04-2016, 10:14 AM
The characters John Wayne portrayed are the exact opposite of what they seem to want men to become. They have more reason to vilify than honor him.

country gent
05-04-2016, 10:19 AM
From what I have read one of the biggest issues was a talk he gave to colledge students and He came down really hard on draft dodgers, not taking responsibility, and not standing up for whats right. He was a very outspoken gentleman from what Ive read and didnt tell anyone " what they wanted to hear" to be polite or save an argument. He was a role model to be followed not just in the movies he did but also in life.

Smoke4320
05-04-2016, 11:03 AM
From what I have read one of the biggest issues was a talk he gave to colledge students and He came down really hard on draft dodgers, not taking responsibility, and not standing up for whats right. He was a very outspoken gentleman from what Ive read and didnt tell anyone " what they wanted to hear" to be polite or save an argument. He was a role model to be followed not just in the movies he did but also in life.

agreed with above .. and we are quickly becoming the lard of fruits and fruitcakes

OS OK
05-04-2016, 11:25 AM
John Wayne day…HELL! Let's make it John Wayne Decade.

"Well…Pilgrim, looks like we need to join up and take this Country back! A decade oughta do it!"

OS OK

Fishman
05-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Well today is Star Wars Day, which is much more important don't you know. "May the 4th be with you". Personally, I don't think it is funny to make fun of people with a lisp, but what do I know.

claude
05-04-2016, 11:54 AM
"May the 4th be with you".

Sounds like an allusion to the LGBT gang.

blixen
05-04-2016, 11:57 AM
With all due respect, guys--he was an actor who 'PLAYED' heroes (and Gengis Khan). Name a day ater the SEAL who just died.

smokeywolf
05-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Good point, but because we can't give every service member who is taken from us their own day, we have one for all of them. It's on the last Monday of this month; Memorial Day. Remember and give thanks to those who sacrificed their all.

Hickory
05-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Name a day ater the SEAL who just died.
That day already exist, it's Veterans Day.

southpaw
05-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Lets just say that the biggest racist aren't the white guy any more. We need more guys like the Duke.

Hickory: There are not many days that bring tears to my eyes but that is one of them. To think of what they did and gave and if I could do the same... They are men better than me. I have to wipe my face at all the ball games.

Jerry Jr.

Jerry Jr.

Bogart
05-06-2016, 08:17 PM
We, here at cast boolits should celebrate May 26th as John Wayne day, mostly because its his birthday, but, more so because the left in California refuses to because the Duke is 'racist'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3564362/California-lawmakers-reject-John-Wayne-Day-debate.html

I second that motion, he is / was my hero. The sands of Iwo Jima was the reason I joined the Marine Corp, the best decision of my life

You don't like the Duke F you,

Bogart
05-06-2016, 08:19 PM
John Wayne day…HELL! Let's make it John Wayne Decade.

"Well…Pilgrim, looks like we need to join up and take this Country back! A decade oughta do it!"

OS OK

Heck ya, I'm with you

Bad Water Bill
05-07-2016, 03:48 PM
When everyone was spitting on our troops returning from Nam who was the ONLY one in holie wood that put up his own money to produce a movie about some of the sacrifices our military went thru there?

HE77 YES PILGRIM make it his day.

Ural Driver
05-07-2016, 04:34 PM
John Wayne has been my Hero as far back as I can remember and May 26th has long been a personal holiday at my house. I have long held that there should have (already) been a day set aside using him as THE symbol of what America should (still) be. And anyone for who thinks that is an extreme viewpoint I will offer this: Each of my children bear a name taken from one of his movies.....the oldest daughter is Bond (from his last movie The Shootist) my son is Ethan (from my favorite The Searchers) and my baby girl is Amelia (taken from her mother's favorite.......Donavon's Reef......because she grew up in Hawaii)......yeah, The Duke has always been someone I admire greatly.

Don Purcell
05-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Donovan's Reef, "daughter-d-o-t-t-e-r". I sure wish Maureen O'Hara had played Bond's part in "The Shootist" instead of Bacall.

Ural Driver
05-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Bacall did fine but yes, O'Hara woulda been over the top. :Bright idea:

opos
05-08-2016, 06:11 AM
Lace panty libtards can huff and puff and demand whatever they want....I give them no credence..they can spout their ideas and beat their drums and it has no bearing on my way of doing things...I honor John Wayne and I detest Ben and Jerry....and in the long run of things none of it matters..if it's a "law" and it's "progressive and intrusive" I'll probably ignore it and simply take my chances...this is my Country and I follow what has worked for all these years...no fix it fairy will have impact on how I live.

Col4570
05-08-2016, 07:07 AM
John Wayne,we would be hard pressed to find another natural like him.His early movies where slightly naïve but over the years he became the giant we know and respect.Good on you John you will be remembered even if a day can,t be dedicated to you.

mold maker
05-08-2016, 02:40 PM
John Wayne, apple pie, and baseball, are about as American as you can get.

smokeywolf
05-08-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm a bit surprised the liberal idiots haven't demanded that John Wayne Airport in Newport Beach, CA be renamed.

marlin39a
05-09-2016, 02:05 PM
The date is on my calendar. Only Duke movies on the 60" Vizeo that day!

youngmman
05-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Like most of you I grew up with a strong influence by John Wayne. What I did not know until a couple of years ago is that when he was going to USC and working as a stage hand in Hollywood, he knew Wyatt Earp. Earp was consulting with the studios on early westerns and John Wayne got to know him on his lunch brakes and spent a lot of time talking to Earp. John Wayne said that in his early films that he tried to emulate what he had learned from Earp in those conversations about how Earp had conducted himself in his official capacities as marshal. Earp died in 1929 and is buried in Hollywood.
I ran across the interview a couple of years ago where John Wayne told of this.

OS OK
05-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Like most of you I grew up with a strong influence by John Wayne. What I did not know until a couple of years ago is that when he was going to USC and working as a stage hand in Hollywood, he knew Wyatt Earp. Earp was consulting with the studios on early westerns and John Wayne got to know him on his lunch brakes and spent a lot of time talking to Earp. John Wayne said that in his early films that he tried to emulate what he had learned from Earp in those conversations about how Earp had conducted himself in his official capacities as marshal. Earp died in 1929 and is buried in Hollywood.
I ran across the interview a couple of years ago where John Wayne told of this.

You know that I can't swear to it but I think that Earp is buried right down the road from here…in Coloma California in an unmarked grave. I think I read that in a book about John Ford. I've been there several times and it is a small cemetery with some unmarked areas, probably 25 or so graves unmarked. I just asked the wife and she said that she thought that we saw it in a documentary at some point.

OS OK

starmac
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
I went into a small Navaho cafe on the Navaho reservation and they had a large portrait of John Wayne.
I jokingly ask why, and stated that he killed more indians than Custer and all other indian fighters together. lol
The native told me that they keep the picture up to remind them to be mad at the white man (jokingly). lol