PDA

View Full Version : Handloader # 302 and Handloader # 1...

BCB
05-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Just got the latest Handloader Magazine and it contains a copy of Handloader # 1 in it also...

How nostalgic to look through it...

At that time I was only a couple of years away from starting to reload ammo--the 357 Magnum being my first effort...

I wish I would have subscribed to Handloader back then...

Neat to see the first issue...

Good-luck...BCB

quack1
05-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I have a complete set (except 3 issues that a Lab puppy shredded) of Handloader and Rifle. I use them frequently to look up load data. I have a written list of issues for each caliber I load for. I started buying them at a local gun shop, then after a few years subscribed to both. Sad to say they have really gone down hill in content over the last 10-15 years, but are still better than other gun magazines.

Don Purcell
05-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Yep, used to Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times, Guns and more were really good magazines with really informative articles but now you look through an issue hoping to find just ONE article that's worth the price and occasionally you do.

NuJudge
05-02-2016, 08:18 PM
The neat thing for me in Handloader #1 is that there's a picture of my Dad on page 11.

Several months ago, I was at the Safari Club Convention and stopped at the Wolfe Publishing booth, and they told me there would be a reprint of #1 in one of the upcoming editions, I just did not know when. My Dad and I have been readers since the beginning, and I knew there'd been the pic of him in #1. People were calling my wife to tell her about it, even before I got home.

Frank46
05-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Local gun shop carried them back in the day. I showed up at least twice a month getting either Rifle or Handloader. Same with Precision Shooting magazine. Sadly the latter went out of publication some years back. Shame as they had some very good information. Both Rifle and Handloader used to have some good gunsmithing articles, but rarely see any if at all such articles. Frank