PDA

View Full Version : remembering a my best and most loyal friend

nagantguy
05-02-2016, 08:33 AM
He's been gone for a long time and I miss him everyday. Once when we were between 11 and 13 my friend bought a 68 Chevy camero with a sound frame and a blown engine. His dad told us we could have the garage on top of the hill to work in if we cleaned it out...our own building to do projects and hang out in. It was a hoarders nightmare in there, took us days and days, on the back wall was some old pipes running outside with rags stuffed in them and they were full of hornets, we'd pull a rag out spray break cleaner in the hole and put the rag back, music have been thousands of hornets in each pipe, the bottom pipe must have been 6 or 8 inches in diameter, we pulled the wad of rags out and sprayed cleaner in the hole and heard a noise like a broken garbage disposal! A young racoon came out of the pipe like a badger with rabbies chased us out the door and we climbed up on an old RV while this tazmainian devil ran circle around the camper, the sprays effects wore off after what seemed hours and he wondered off into the woods. We laughed about that till the day he died!

smokeywolf
05-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Best friend I've ever had is my wife. She is more tolerant and more generous and more thoughtful of others than anyone I've known. One more of her attributes; she has a truly wonderful sense of humor.

rockrat
05-02-2016, 11:24 AM
You post brings back memories of my best friend when I was growing up. I was 14 when we met. Got to be like brothers. He was my "little brother" and his kid are my "nephews" and I treat them as such. He has been gone 8 years last month. Still miss him greatly. We had a good 40 years. Hope everybody else has had the luck to have a best friend like that
Some of the things we did, wonder we lived as long as we have!!

lightman
05-02-2016, 08:35 PM
One of the bad things about growing older is losing friends. It sounds like your friend had a good friend! Life goes on.